NEWS

Tech vs magic

• 28 Replies

Turtletron

• Chummer
« Reply #15 on: <09-07-10/2100:17> »
Posted by: Dead Monky

Some new runners would have a lot to learn from him. I already see that, "G.I. Joe's school for runner newbies" 8)
(>) ...and I would have made it too, except for those nosey kids & their stupid dog...
(>) excerpt of The Smiling Bandit's taped deposition, Knight Errant casefile #E385h-0516

Doc Chaos

• Omae
  • Bavarian Mr. Johnson
« Reply #16 on: <09-08-10/0101:07> »
Yeah, the inter-setting-dimensional link is down at the moment. No date on when it will be fixed, sorry.
SR4A Limited Edition [german] - 0478/1100

Turtletron

• Chummer
« Reply #17 on: <09-08-10/0135:33> »

Posted by: Dead Monky

Some new runners would have a lot to learn from him. I already see that, "G.I. Joe's school for runner newbies" 8)
(>) ...and I would have made it too, except for those nosey kids & their stupid dog...
(>) excerpt of The Smiling Bandit's taped deposition, Knight Errant casefile #E385h-0516

Critias

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
  • Company Elf
« Reply #18 on: <09-08-10/0216:46> »
Feel the same, my players almost never do hackers/technomancer/riggers archetype, so the 3 books you mentionned are being used non-stop, still good to have a look in Unwired once in a while.
It's not just that, mind it's just that -- Street Magic notwithstanding, since it really is mostly there for folks with magic, or GMs who handle them -- Arsenal and Augmentation have stuff in them for...well...everybody.

Sure, guns are mostly gonna be for the sammies/mercs.  But what about armor?  Everyone needs that!  New vehicles?  New drones?  Those two are right up a rigger's alley (and mine are still riggers, not hackers).  There are plenty of cyberware/bioware options that aren't combat oriented, and that will appeal to more than just gunbunnies.  The rules for cyberware suites are useful for anyone who wants to get much chrome at all, for instance.

Those two books, in particular, just feel like they really flesh out the setting, add to the must have equipment lists, and round out the core book. 

Mooncrow

• Chummer
« Reply #19 on: <09-08-10/0222:29> »
Feel the same, my players almost never do hackers/technomancer/riggers archetype, so the 3 books you mentionned are being used non-stop, still good to have a look in Unwired once in a while.
It's not just that, mind it's just that -- Street Magic notwithstanding, since it really is mostly there for folks with magic, or GMs who handle them -- Arsenal and Augmentation have stuff in them for...well...everybody.

Sure, guns are mostly gonna be for the sammies/mercs.  But what about armor?  Everyone needs that!  New vehicles?  New drones?  Those two are right up a rigger's alley (and mine are still riggers, not hackers).  There are plenty of cyberware/bioware options that aren't combat oriented, and that will appeal to more than just gunbunnies.  The rules for cyberware suites are useful for anyone who wants to get much chrome at all, for instance.

Those two books, in particular, just feel like they really flesh out the setting, add to the must have equipment lists, and round out the core book. 

Have to agree wholeheartedly with this.  Personally, I love Runner's Companion too, though it's less useful overall, but the qualities in there are top notch.

Plus, karmagen (with the German errata) is <3

Mäx

• Ace Runner
« Reply #20 on: <09-08-10/0228:06> »
I whole heartily agree with that sentiment, but i do have to say that i feel like that for all the core books and Running Wild too. 
"An it harm none, do what you will"

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #21 on: <09-08-10/0912:16> »
Yeah, just went onto Amazon last night and ordered up the print copies of Ars/Aug/RC/SM/Unw. I just couldn't hold out anymore, knowing I'm going to be running a campaign and wanted to make sure the players had access to more than printed out pages from PDFs...

Usda Beph

• Omae
  • aka Black Angus
« Reply #22 on: <09-08-10/0951:06> »
ATM I am using a mobile device and don't think PDF is compatible. Even if it is, I like having the hardcopy, I don't have a notebook to carry around and use as a mobile resource... But it seems like it would make life much easier. I wish I could find it that cheap in hard copy, cheapest I have found is $20.
I have been able to load/read CBT books on my Palm Centro phone. so long as it isn't image heavy. The PDFs from Catlabs have been pretty easy on my phone. ;) Just thought it might help ya.
Yeah, I'm A Minotaur! You Gotta Beef with that?
I'm a Minotaur not a bully!
I studied at the Rocky Mountain Culinary School.I specialized in Seafood.
My Dad worked out of el Toro In New Mexico.

dodger

• Newb
« Reply #23 on: <09-08-10/2115:14> »

This is the other half?

-Dodger
"I am no paladin. I never will be. I
refuse to be twisted to serve any person's will."
-Dodger
-Choose Your Enemies Carefully-

Turtletron

• Chummer
« Reply #24 on: <09-08-10/2215:11> »

This is the other half?

-Dodger

Sounds about right to me ;D

Casazil

• Omae
  • There can be only one!
« Reply #25 on: <09-09-10/0155:46> »
That gets an applaud from me.
"If at first you don't succeed blame someone else"
Joel "Casazil" Rogers
Catalyst Demo Team Shadowrun Special Agent #251
http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/CasazilsShadowrun/

Mystic

• Freelancer
  • Omae
  • Word Mercenary
« Reply #26 on: <09-09-10/1740:16> »

As long as they go somewhere else to learn markmanship.

8)
Bringing chaos, mayhem, and occasionally cookies to the Sixth World since 2052!

"Just because it's easy for you doesn't mean it can't be hard on your clients"-Rule 38, The Seventy Maxims of Maximally Effective Mercenaries, Schlock Mercenary.

Turtletron

• Chummer
« Reply #27 on: <09-09-10/1822:34> »

As long as they go somewhere else to learn markmanship.

8)

I hope so or else they will spend all their ammo on showing off XD

Bisharian

• Newb
« Reply #28 on: <09-09-10/1859:39> »
ATM I am using a mobile device and don't think PDF is compatible. Even if it is, I like having the hardcopy, I don't have a notebook to carry around and use as a mobile resource... But it seems like it would make life much easier. I wish I could find it that cheap in hard copy, cheapest I have found is $20.
I have been able to load/read CBT books on my Palm Centro phone. so long as it isn't image heavy. The PDFs from Catlabs have been pretty easy on my phone. ;) Just thought it might help ya.
I'm using a 16g iPod touch, think that will work?