NEWS

AI in body?

• 10 Replies

Zilfer

• Ace Runner
« on: <10-12-11/1654:35> »
I was just thinking in general about possible plot hooks and my brain usually runs out of control but i wanted an oppinion as to where my train of thought has lead me.

So one of the players is a decent hacker, and has a hacker friend "Crashburn" Kudo's to those who probably figured out what that's kind of from. :P So the Hacker has never met them face to face, so doesn't know if Crashburn is a female or male and i was sitting here wondering how can i twist it. Would be be better to have her male or female?

To begin i would start the next few sessions of having "Crashburn" not respond to anything the hacker contacts her for which is quite often so it would spur curiousity of why they aren't answering. The plot hook would happen whenever he realize this silence isn't him/her being pissed off at him and there might be something up.

Then i got to thinking as to why she'd disappear. Perhaps someone's holding a child, like a daughter or something and forcing them to do something. Then I got to thinking, what if Crashburn was actually an AI? So now i'm thinking kinda like cortana in Halo, and they go to rescue "Crashburn" and make it seem like the whole adventure it's a person but drop a few hints it's not. Then they find out Crashburn's an AI. So now they rescue the AI and got to figure out what to do from there? Obviously whoever had Crashburn will be looking for the AI.

For some reason then I linked kind of like a Proffessor X in X Men 3 movie at the end he takes over a body without a person in it. Made me think could an AI inhabit a Brain Fried Bunraku girl?

O.o'

What do you guys think. If anything i think it makes for an interesting adventure and possibly more adventures in the future. xD
Having access to Ares Technology isn't so bad, being in a room that's connected to the 'trix with holographic display throughout the whole room isn't bad either. Food, drinks whenever you want it. Over all not bad, but being unable to leave and with a Female Dragon? No Thanks! ~The Captive Man

Phylos Fett

• Omae
  • Kind-of A Freelancer...
« Reply #1 on: <10-12-11/1828:26> »
It sounds like you and the players would have some fun with that - I'd say go for it.

The only thing that I can think of that would be a fly-in-the-ointment (and it is a minor one) is if the player has already fleshed out the contact. As I said, a minor thing that a bit of handwaving can deal with.

Zilfer

• Ace Runner
« Reply #2 on: <10-12-11/1959:58> »
It sounds like you and the players would have some fun with that - I'd say go for it.

The only thing that I can think of that would be a fly-in-the-ointment (and it is a minor one) is if the player has already fleshed out the contact. As I said, a minor thing that a bit of handwaving can deal with.

Well that's why i know he doesn't know the contact is a boy or girl or what race. He told me that when we played the first game.
Having access to Ares Technology isn't so bad, being in a room that's connected to the 'trix with holographic display throughout the whole room isn't bad either. Food, drinks whenever you want it. Over all not bad, but being unable to leave and with a Female Dragon? No Thanks! ~The Captive Man

Kat9

« Reply #3 on: <10-12-11/2010:02> »
You know this would make a kind of neat PC. They have rules for bio-drones in...Augmentation. I -think- they have human ones, I don't recall. I might just need to steal thissahere idea.

Phylos Fett

• Omae
  • Kind-of A Freelancer...
« Reply #4 on: <10-12-11/2012:09> »

Well that's why i know he doesn't know the contact is a boy or girl or what race. He told me that when we played the first game.

Well, let the good times roll, then! 8)

Valashar

• Omae
  • I'm always angry, but I usually hide it well.
« Reply #5 on: <10-13-11/0854:15> »
The idea of a human bio-drone is one that I'm working with for part of my campaign, and provided that it has the normal cyber needed to rig a bio-drone it's not outside the realm of the possible. Would even be a bit more stealth than even a well disguised cyborg as it would have an aura of some kind. Could even massage it a bit more by having this NPC have a kind of focus that acts as an aura stabilizer to make the human-drone look more normal to assensing, then you can extend it to what kind of connections an AI would have to have to be able to have such toys custom made for their use.
Shadowrun Missions: GenCon 2013

We groped the cat, and tazed the baby.

Zilfer

• Ace Runner
« Reply #6 on: <10-13-11/1229:30> »
Well I just remembered that Bunraku girls had personalities "Programmed" into them for customers so if you wanted for example this is probably bad but first person coming to my mind. Katie Perry's personaly while doing the dirty you could basically "order" that as a program for your Bunraku girl that night. Believe it takes over the bodies personality I'm not sure if they are 'trapped' while this goes on or they won't remember it. (reminds me of the movie Gamer if anyone's seen that.)

Anyways, if there just happens to be a Bunraku girl that somehow lost their mind but their body still functions, figured it'd be kind of cool and different so yeah i'm going to go with this idea. :D We'll see where it takes me, and who knows? Sometimes i get the urge to make contacts into my PC characters....

Not sure that's a good thing but awe well.

bigity

• Omae
« Reply #7 on: <10-13-11/1437:08> »
Your first choice is Katy Perry?

Zilfer

• Ace Runner
« Reply #8 on: <10-13-11/1441:09> »
Your first choice is Katy Perry?

No that was just the first thing to come to mind.

Probably helps that my girl friend listens to her all the time. :P

Heh, I'm really not sure who I would really want if they did exist

wraithdrit

• Newb
« Reply #9 on: <11-10-11/1023:01> »
So one of my players is playing an AI, the twist is that his character doesn't know that he is an AI. We have talked a bit about how he will discover soon the truth. I think it will be a lot of fun to play through.

In a similar twist, the hacker they were after in their last run turned out to be a coma patient hooked up to an old wired deck, jacked in for a very long, long time. Body only kept alive by life support, brain hacking away all the while. Not what the group was expecting. :)

Zilfer

• Ace Runner
« Reply #10 on: <11-10-11/1303:57> »
So one of my players is playing an AI, the twist is that his character doesn't know that he is an AI. We have talked a bit about how he will discover soon the truth. I think it will be a lot of fun to play through.

In a similar twist, the hacker they were after in their last run turned out to be a coma patient hooked up to an old wired deck, jacked in for a very long, long time. Body only kept alive by life support, brain hacking away all the while. Not what the group was expecting. :)

wow very nice.