NEWS

Been awhile (Campaign suggestions welcome!)

• 5 Replies

Zilfer

• Ace Runner
« on: <12-17-15/1608:27> »
Hey returning after quiet awhile of going back to good ol DnD and now the group is ready for some more Shadowrun so I picked up 5e quiet a long while ago, so I'm trying to get reaquainted with the differences between 4e and 5e. In the meanwhile I'm also trying to come up with a plot that might last more than a session or two.

Current Sketch is business has been slow they've been looking for jobs but no ones been hiring them or other teams have been taking them. Then just when they think they're lives are nice and quiet an old friend comes slamming through the front door half dead with his second half carrying him inside. Bullets fly into the building and everyone hits the deck, four people out to get Lin Yao Chang. (You'll recognize the name as a contact from 4e's Missions I believe kinda developed into a side assassin character they've contacted a few times, well its his turn to call in a favor and he's in bad shape already.)

In the Background: I have that Octagon Triad is trying to kill Lin Yao Chang because he stumbled upon something that Octagon had been trying to keep secret. They were going to steal Lung's Four Coin of Luck for themselves. (Not sure which one he owns but for the adventure I'm making it the Coin of Wealth). So the most likely ways to foil this plan is to kill all of Octagon, or as Lin will suggest that they steal it first. If they try and tip off the bank/facility holding some of Lung's items it will tip off the almost guaranteed surveillance Octagon has on the place. So they'll have to be at least somewhat careful when probing if they don't want to tip off Octagon they are planning to hit the place first.

As a future hook, I was going to have few items also down there in that vault that might seed into other adventures. Particularly one I like was a potential Free spirit trapped by a "sword in the stone" sort of thing. When pulled out the Earth Free Spirit named "Fault-line" would proceed to be free of his 'cage' and wreck havoc amongst Seattle. Runners at this point probably don't know that he'll want to bring massive amounts of Seattle underground and end up being a villain that they unleashed upon the world. :)

I can't say I'm very skilled at security systems in real life so that is particularly where I'm looking for help. Would kinda like a Mission:Impossible Vibe where they have to do a few things to setup. The group most likely is not going to have a hacker, but will have a mage, and a rigger. Rest are usually a combination of combat classes of Cyber Gunbunny/Adept Warriors(This will be a first time rigger so we'll see how that goes. Brushing up on those rules as well xD Not sure i'll have time to get it perfect so i'll probably wing some of the roles). And we'll see what their social skills look like as well, because I'm not sure they'll have a fill in face either. :)

I was thinking maybe a single access elevator they need to get down with a needed Retinal Scan and Possible Combination code to access the elevator. Maybe have a drone or two patrolling down below or a spirit guarding. Thing is if I have a spirit linked to guard the coin and say attack anyone that comes near I'd like for the group to have a possible way to bypass it though I'm not sure how to setup a situation like that. I'm pretty open to whether the group goes loud and proud or shades and sunglasses. I try to slowly bring the group to realize they need to be more careful leaving behind things but usually ends up with me not fully grasping what can be done in the setting to track them. :)

Thanks for any input by the way!
Having access to Ares Technology isn't so bad, being in a room that's connected to the 'trix with holographic display throughout the whole room isn't bad either. Food, drinks whenever you want it. Over all not bad, but being unable to leave and with a Female Dragon? No Thanks! ~The Captive Man

cantrip

• Omae
« Reply #1 on: <12-18-15/1332:17> »
One interesting spin you could add would be that Lung is "allowing" the coin to be stolen for some reason. So make it difficult to steal the coin, but not the insanity that is usually involved in stealing from a dragon. Or -- Lung could be the agent behind the agent behind the agent that is steering them towards stealing it.

It's always good to remind players to 'Never deal with a dragon' --- the only question is if you remind them before or after they are up to their cyber in the situation.  ;)

Zilfer

• Ace Runner
« Reply #2 on: <12-18-15/1430:22> »
One interesting spin you could add would be that Lung is "allowing" the coin to be stolen for some reason. So make it difficult to steal the coin, but not the insanity that is usually involved in stealing from a dragon. Or -- Lung could be the agent behind the agent behind the agent that is steering them towards stealing it.

It's always good to remind players to 'Never deal with a dragon' --- the only question is if you remind them before or after they are up to their cyber in the situation.  ;)

Well I've mentioned that Lin works for a dragon before to them, not sure if I originally told them the name but yeah. :) Could be interesting that he 'wanted' to make a withdraw from the bank but without it being obvious and no record of it being "transported" to a new location now the he knows the information is out there. By it being stolen no one would know he still has it. Interesting for Lung's perspective.
Having access to Ares Technology isn't so bad, being in a room that's connected to the 'trix with holographic display throughout the whole room isn't bad either. Food, drinks whenever you want it. Over all not bad, but being unable to leave and with a Female Dragon? No Thanks! ~The Captive Man

adzling

« Reply #3 on: <12-18-15/1844:26> »
That's funny but my runner's current campaign has them working for the Red Dragon Triad ne' Lung in Hong Kong.
They recovered a Coin of Luck (the one for long life) from a Maya King in the Kowloon Walled City amongst other things they are doing working for the Red Dragons.

They even had a run in with SWEETS "LIN YAO CHANG" MCGORDON in the one of the last runs they did before being forced to flee Seattle (see the fun & free Srun mission "Free Taiwan") after heavily pissing off the mafia.

Fun times!

Senko

• Ace Runner
« Reply #4 on: <12-20-15/0734:16> »
Could also be a fake coin that Lung's arranged for information to be "aquired" as a test to find a skillful new team that has no ties to him he can use for a job. If they manage to steal it/get away he's got a few more tests to see if they're suitable, if they die horribly or otherwise make a mess of it well he's got other prospects he's testing.

Zilfer

• Ace Runner
« Reply #5 on: <12-21-15/1256:42> »
That's funny but my runner's current campaign has them working for the Red Dragon Triad ne' Lung in Hong Kong.
They recovered a Coin of Luck (the one for long life) from a Maya King in the Kowloon Walled City amongst other things they are doing working for the Red Dragons.

They even had a run in with SWEETS "LIN YAO CHANG" MCGORDON in the one of the last runs they did before being forced to flee Seattle (see the fun & free Srun mission "Free Taiwan") after heavily pissing off the mafia.

Fun times!

Heh, sounds like they had some fun at least before getting out of Hong Kong. xD

Could also be a fake coin that Lung's arranged for information to be "aquired" as a test to find a skillful new team that has no ties to him he can use for a job. If they manage to steal it/get away he's got a few more tests to see if they're suitable, if they die horribly or otherwise make a mess of it well he's got other prospects he's testing.

Not a bad idea either. :) Game got rescheduled until probably after the holidays so I have more time to plan thankfully.