NEWS

Slightly different way to handle initative

• 19 Replies

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #15 on: <10-16-13/1424:53> »
Heh. Maybe it is because I came to SR from Hero System and D&D, where you have REAL bookkeeping to keep track of (especially Hero System), but changing initiatives like that is not exactly time consuming to me. Especially when you're used to dealing with three defenses (physical, energy, mental) that have two types (normal and resistant), two HP gauges (BODY & STUN), MP (END), recovery rates, Combat and non-combat move speeds, OCV and DCV that change based on CSLs and maneuvers, trying to roll low when acting and high for damage... And that's just for one character.

Seriously, even after they added more complexity in this edition, SR is still one of the simpler systems out there.
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

Crunch

• Ace Runner
« Reply #16 on: <10-16-13/1435:03> »
It's thoroughly in the midrange honestly. SR5 is less complicated than some of the old school systems (Rolemaster, Herosystem, GDW's Twilight 2000) and some of the crunchier systems (A Time of War, Pathfinder), but more complicated than the stripped down indy games models (FUDGE, FATE, Savage Worlds), "narrative play" models (Star Wars Edge of Empire), or some of the older action game systems (WEG's D6) . It's probably in the same tier of complexity with the modern White Wolf variants (Scion etc), FFG's Warhammer games and D&D4E.

Just my 2 yen though.

Insaniac99

• Omae
« Reply #17 on: <10-17-13/0600:26> »
My first real system was Champs/Hero System ( I dabbled before that, but that is the first I played a lot)

I went to Mutants and Masterminds for the sheer simplicity, and when I was reading Shadowrun I was so thankful that I had played Champions or I would have been slightly intimidated by the complexity.
Check out my all purpose Shadowrun Die roller and Probability generator: http://forums.shadowruntabletop.com/index.php?topic=13241.0

zekim

• Newb
« Reply #18 on: <11-05-13/1628:38> »
This is the initiative board that I made.

The characters names are on pieces of 3mm white board that I have cut out and magnetized.

The piece with the red slashes is my "end of initiative pass" marker.  At the end of each initiative pass, I move the marker up ten more spots.

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #19 on: <11-05-13/1850:49> »
Very nice!
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters