NEWS

IC Finders Fee

• 239 Replies

Walks Through Walls

• Ace Runner
« Reply #30 on: <03-09-11/2125:51> »
As you pick up the camera feed you see that it is flying a grid of about a kilometer square and the wide angle lens covers about 5 kilometers around the area it is patrolling. You see that Mr. Johnson's car is heading towards the Ft. Lewis part of the sprawl.
"Walking through walls isn't tough..... if you know where the doors are."
"It's not being seen that is the trick."

Walks Through Walls

Blue

• Newb
« Reply #31 on: <03-09-11/2250:06> »
"Anyone else here think maybe we should begin the job we're getting paid for?" Sir Kickz asks outloud.

Rat gestures to the others. "I think the net heads have already started. My guess is that they'll set up a virtual perimeter, and then have one or two of us inside for eyes on the target." He scratches himself. "So far, all we have is a name, a location and mebby a girlfriend."
No trees were harmed during the creation of this message. However, several billion electrons were severely inconvenienced.

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #32 on: <03-10-11/0047:44> »
"I agree Kickz, I hope when Kage is done harassing our Mr Johnson he is going to start a matrix search on the names we have.  I also think it would be a good idea to find out what we can about these kinds of enchanting scams."  Smiley jumps up and drains his mug, "That said, I say we ajourn to the Paradise and rock out with some trogs, no offense intended to you and Brother Rat."   8)
« Last Edit: <03-10-11/0050:01> by Crossbow »

Kontact

• Prime Runner
  • You called?
« Reply #33 on: <03-10-11/0138:21> »
"If we're going to a skuzz-bar I'm going to need to change out of these clothes."
[Casting Fashion at force 4: Magic 5 +6 skill +2 focus = 13d6.hits(5) → [3,5,1,2,5,3,5,3,3,4,1,4,2] = (3) nice and chic]
[Soaking 2 stun: Will 5 +5 Int = 10d6.hits(5) → [5,6,5,1,6,2,2,4,1,2] = (4) full soak]

Dizzy starts to slightly waver while the red of her coat begins to sprout black leather like a fungus growing in fast-motion.  The fur trim pulls into sleeves and collar to be replaced with half inch chrome spikes.  Black pencil-skirt sucks together to form a pair of bluejeans with a checker stripe that travels down the stitch on the side, only to start zig-zagging wildly from knee to ankle.  Low black heels swell into tank boots, while a mouthful of decal-teeth open up on the respirator hanging from her neck, giving it the effect of a muzzle full of fangs.  12 seconds and she is dressed to rock.  A tug on her ponytail looses her matte-black hair to complete the effect.

"Anyone else?"

Loki

• Omae
« Reply #34 on: <03-10-11/0143:42> »
@team:"I wouldn't call watching our hoops harassing, I agree with Dizzy that Johhny's not speaking gospel. Not to say we should abandon ship, but before we go steppin around too much I'd like to see who's toes are in front of us. Right now, he's headed twords Fort Lewwy. Do we have a game plan for the club?" 

((OOC: rolling Matrix Chatrooms for Shadowsea's current location: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2927471/ 6 hits))
Dropping back to the persona in his Comm Kage splits off another copy and heads to Shadowsea, keeping a close eye on a window to copy in the drone.

@Team: "Also I'm hitting shadowsea for data mining. I'm gonna stick around back here, so I can run hot. Keep me updated and I'll catch up." @bartender: How much longer we got back here chum? and if there ain't an appointment for immediatly after, how much for another half hour or so?"
« Last Edit: <03-10-11/0221:19> by Loki »

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #35 on: <03-10-11/0217:42> »
"I think we should just head down there and poke around, see what shakes loose besides Dizzy's wild side.  I do think we should fly solo rather than in formation tho, blanket the place." checking out Dizzy's look appriciatively, "That said darlin', I think I will turn down the makeover, jeans and leather is pretty much my uniform anyway since I left service, but you got any people we can ask about the scams?"

;D

Kontact

• Prime Runner
  • You called?
« Reply #36 on: <03-10-11/0328:45> »
<<@team: I just don't wanna get a rep for working with/for cops.  I'd be relieved to find out he's a Dragon instead of a pinche cop.  Not that the money spends any different.  Seems like a bounty hunter though.  International police don't hire runners, and national police don't jump boarders looking for leads.>>

"Don't truck much with snake charmers," she responded to the inquest.
Dizzy paused a second, contemplating her words, and trying to ignore Smiley's implication that she was somehow like those dancing, juggling, flailing assholes who regularly frequented a talismonger.
"Besides I'm only out a few months now.  Don't know many people.."

"Anyway, I could use a ride to the bar.  Kicks, you got room?"
« Last Edit: <03-10-11/0454:12> by Kontact »

Walks Through Walls

• Ace Runner
« Reply #37 on: <03-10-11/2150:36> »
Kage finds the current location for shadowsea. What type of information are you looking for? As you are starting your searches you see that Johnson is headed toward the border of Fort Lewis and will be passing out of your visual ranges with the drone you are currently subscribed to.

Walks Through Walls

Loki

• Omae
« Reply #38 on: <03-11-11/0137:36> »
Switching to his persona in the drone, Kage looks for a drone nearer to the vehicle but not inside the Fort. Spotting a likely suspect the was close enough for a good view but far enough from the border to (hopefully) not be military grade security. He then zips to his target, again enveloping the node in shadow and dissolving into it. ((Hack on the fly roll for a user account http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2929141/ 6 hits.))
Pulling out a old fashioned magnifying, he looks around the node for any other presences. ((analyze http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2929212/ luck caught up with me :( )) He then turns to the cameras.

Walks Through Walls

• Ace Runner
« Reply #39 on: <03-11-11/1759:54> »
The problem you are running into is that with a signal range of about 500m to 1km you cannot get a drone close enough to be able to see where he is going since he is going more than 5 km from your current location. If you hijack a drone and relocate it instead of just watching you could keep control of it from further away, but you cannot hitch into one.

Walks Through Walls

Walks Through Walls

• Ace Runner
« Reply #40 on: <03-11-11/1807:51> »
Between Sidekickz and Jaz you have enough vehicles to go out to the club and then could drop people a block or two away and come in as individuals.

Walks Through Walls

Loki

• Omae
« Reply #41 on: <03-11-11/1843:35> »
Ok, then may my last Hacking roll be to upgrade my account to admin in the drone I'm currently in?

Boer_Kommando

• Omae
« Reply #42 on: <03-12-11/0042:20> »
"Yeah Diz, I got room, but I'm not listening to any of that techno-salsa drek though. Got the new Gog-Gog Mag-Gog Troupe though if you like gobbli-rock, and a pirated copy of the Orxanne Chiba concert...bit grainy but good." Kickz says as he walks to the sports coupe.

Kontact

• Prime Runner
  • You called?
« Reply #43 on: <03-12-11/1111:57> »
"I'm not exactly nostalgic for my childhood," Diz responds.  "Whatever you think is best should be fine."

Settling into the back seat, Dizzy paused for a moment and closed her eyes.  She collapsed her mind inwards, folding it over and over itself looking for something she had heard or done.  No.  Not her.  Another her.  A her who was not but could have been.  She reached into the infinitude of possibilities to touch the spirit of one who could do what she could not, and touching it, she pulled it from its place.  It was not particularly happy about this.  Snapping back to the world, and carrying this spirit-self with her, cracking pain was there to greet her.  Her heart raced and her vision blurred red. 
"Chinga.."
She removed her first aid kit from her bag and hooked it to her leg.  Head still swimming, she slipped into VR and connected to the device and read its diagnostic.  Usual shit.  High blood pressure.  Probably a leak somewhere in the brain.  A little blood thinner and a little pain reliever was enough to reduce the thudding in her head to a throb.

Several kilometers and a few traffic jams later...

[OOC:  I'm going to summon up a Task Spirit on standby.  Here goes.  Force 5. 
Summon - Mag 5 +4 skill +2 focus = 11d6.hits(5) → [2,5,3,4,6,3,5,2,5,5,4] = (5)
Opposed - 5d6.hits(5) → [4,5,4,6,4] = (2)
Soaking 4S - Int 5 +5 Wil = 10d6.hits(5) → [6,3,2,3,3,1,3,1,3,3] = (1) ugh.  3 Stun
Applying First Aid by Remote Command 6 +6 Kit +2 hotsim -2 remote -1 wound = 11d6.hits(5) → [6,3,4,4,1,3,6,4,1,5,1] = (3)  So, 1 over threshold. 
Drops the wound down to 2 Stun.  At least no modifier anymore..  Spirit's optional power should be Concealment]

« Last Edit: <03-12-11/1122:12> by Kontact »

Walks Through Walls

• Ace Runner
« Reply #44 on: <03-13-11/0648:12> »
Kage starts hacking into the account on the drone. The maze of doors in the VR reminds you a government building. You start to go through the doors looking for the right office. After you move through a couple doors you hear a siren going off and the number of doors seem to have doubled. You redouble your efforts and after what seems to be an eternity you find the office and bluff your way past the secretary.

Walks Through Walls