NEWS

IC RedWatch (Brimstone's ganger game)

• 56 Replies

martinchaen

« Reply #15 on: <07-08-13/2300:54> »
"Claro, jefe. Nos vemos!"

Javiér walked out of the warehouse, happily humming a tune he heard on the 'trids that morning. He loved his 'trids; some were so funny, 'specially the one with the coyote and the bird that went "Meep-meep!". Laughing at the thought of the silly coyote, he hefted the combat axe back into the loop at his belt, then slung the shotgun across his back after checking the ammo drum and the safety.

He looked around as he walked to the Thundercloud Morgan. This part of the Barrens could be worse, but despite his size he'd learned a long time ago that it paid to be on the look-out; if the assault shotgun and axe wasn't enough to deter the wannabes, standing 8' 6" and weighing in at close to 900 lbs generally let him walk in peace and quiet. Sometimes people would recognize him from the steel horns, though.

"That was a long time ago... And I may be a little slow, but I ain't stupid; no, señor!. These putas, though, they must be pretty dumb. "Sadists", huh? Silly name for a gang... I need a drink."

The ATV creaked as Javier got in, and he banged his right horn on the roll bar while getting in, just like usual. The vehicle looked like it was wrapped around his large frame, even with the modified cage, windshield, and the lowered seat. With a mumbled curse he fired up the engine and sped off to La Strada for a cold one.

---

Pulling up at the popular Aztlan-affiliated hangout, Javier parked the ATV on the side of the curb as always and headed inside. He quickly made out the shape of a tiny human female bartender, and let out a bellowing laugh.

"Dia! Long time no see, chica! How's my fave girl this side of the border doin'!?"

He ran over and caught the lithe woman in his enormous arms, easily lifted her up and spun her around before setting her down. The act earned him a withering glare, one of those that all women had seemed to learn when they were still just girls, and he quickly sat down at the bar, hanging his large head low.

"Sorry, Dia. You knows I get excited. Please don't be mad."

He looked up at her, and as the redhead burst out laughing, he realized she'd played him. Again.

"Don't worry about it, you lumbering ox. I can't help myself, you're just too easy." Dia said, ruffing the hair on his head like he was a little kid. Javier grinned wide, embarrassed but relieved.

"You're too smart for me by far, lady. Hey, I need some info. Oh, and a drink. Can you help?"

They discussed the Sadists over drinks, and he learned how they were strung-out gangers probably using too much of their own product. Dangerous; not someone to take on alone, then. Besides, the chief had said something about another gang, too. They called themselves The Redwatch according to Dia, and they were apparently rubbing shoulders with the Sadists. He asked if they were recruiting, and Dia looked over at the troll with obvious concern.

"Whaa? Oh come on, don't gimme that look. I can handle myself, you know. Just gimme the info. Please?"

She sighed deeply, turned around, and rummaged through the bar cabinet for a short while. Finishing up his fourth drink of the night as she returned, Javier smiled wide again at the look on her face as she handed him a note.

"See, I knew you would come through for me, I just knew it! Thanks, Dia, I owe you one"

"Just take care of yourself, you big burro", she said, shaking her head.

Examining the note, Javier found a commcode for someone called Boss. He got back into his ATV and sat down to type up a message.

"Maybe I should just call this guy... Naah, don't wanna seem too eager."

Taking his time, he carefully typed up a message on his oversized 'link.

"To Boss:
Hai Boss,

I heer you need some musle for help wi da Sadists. Jus so happens, I gots plenty of musle, and it can be yours for da right price.

You jus let me now wen and were, man...

Javiér"

Setting the commlink down on the console in the vehicle with a satisfied nod, he fired up the engine and went for a ride while waiting for a response.
« Last Edit: <07-09-13/1751:15> by martinchaen »

brimstone14

• Newb
« Reply #16 on: <07-08-13/2347:20> »
You receive a response from Boss

Javier,
Thank you for contacting me.  We are currently recruiting for gang members for the RedWatch, if you have what it takes.  Swing by and meet me at Soygaritaville Bar in 1 hour and I will let you know the details. 

-Boss

martinchaen

« Reply #17 on: <07-09-13/0011:40> »
Javier pulls over to to the side of a road leading towards an area of the Barrens few dare venture; the heat emanating from Glow City nearly overwhelms his senses, so he toggles the flare compensation of his contacts up a notch.

Noticing the 'link beep with the incoming message, he scans it slowly to ensure he grasps the contents of the message.

"Heh, Soygaritaville, huh. Might be I get 'nother couple drinks out of this, if nothing else."

Thumbing a short reply, he heads back towards Touristville and the bustle of the Barrens.

"You gots it, Boss"

---

Arriving at the bar he parks the ATV with his usual grace; halfway up the curb nudging the wall with the front right bumper.

He jumps out, snagging his right horn on the roll cage again with enough force to shake the vehicle back and forth. Muttering curses at the "stoopid car makers that never think of big trolls", he ducks through the door with the axe at his waist and the shotgun slung across his back. The leather jacket does nothing to hide the ammo drums all around his waist, and once inside he looks around and heads for the bar where he settles while waiting for Boss or one of his minions to approach.

"Oye, barkeep, mug of Hurlg, por favor, and none o' that cheap swill you serve the tinies..."
« Last Edit: <07-09-13/1755:28> by martinchaen »

brimstone14

• Newb
« Reply #18 on: <07-09-13/0023:00> »
The human male bartender, dressed in a floral print shirt, throws a drink down on the bar in front of Javier and grunts in disgust.  The drink is in an extra large reinforced glass with a note on top of the drink.  The note reads "Back right table. Go through the red curtains."

After Javier makes his way over to the table described by the note, drink in hand, he passes through the curtain. 

Javier sees an large troll that is seated at the table wearing black clothing and a hood that hides his appearance.  The troll stands up to greet Javier and stands just slightly shorter than Javier.  He pulls back his hood and flashes a toothy-grin.

"Javier.....you definitely tell the truth when you say that have plenty of muscle.  It has been a long time since I have been dwarfed by another......metahuman."

martinchaen

« Reply #19 on: <07-09-13/0037:49> »
Downing the Hurlg on his way to the back room he savors the rich flavour.

Seeing the finely dressed troll stand up, he sets the glass away on a table.

"Heh, you ain't no dwarf, Boss! I'm just bigger 'an most, is all."

Javier extends his right arm in the customary warrior greeting, ready to clasp the other's forearm if offered and with his left arm pressed fist to chest, head lowered a little both as a sign of respect and to meet the smaller troll's eyes.

---

With niceties over with, Javier quickly gets down to business.

"So, what's the job, jefe? What'chou need, and what's the pay?"

He remains standing until Boss either tells him to do otherwise, or until he's dismissed.

brimstone14

• Newb
« Reply #20 on: <07-09-13/0040:49> »
"I'll get right down to the details as you also don't seem like a man that enjoys the pleasantries of small talk. The Sadists are a scourge on the already decimated Barrens.  They seek only to destroy and desecrate the inhabitants of the Barrens in this area.  The RedWatch seeks to dismantle the foothold that the Sadists have on this area.  The Redwatch needs people of your....skill-set...to fight the Sadists.  I am in the process of assembling a squad of gangers that will be able to start hurting the Sadists and disrupting their influence in the area.  They rule through fear and the locals need some hope in order to reclaim this neighborhood.  We will either make them decide to leave or force them out by any means necessary. 

Javier, what do you think?  Are you in?  Are you ready to be a member of the RedWatch?"

martinchaen

« Reply #21 on: <07-09-13/0111:07> »
The smile on Javiér's face as the other troll talks widens, and as the Boss finishes a low bass of a laugh escapes Javier's massive throat.

"Hah hah hah, Boss." He leans in closer to the other troll's face before continuing, smile now all teeth and fangs, sharp metal horns looming over his own head.

"I can do fear real good, vato! You juss point da way!"

By the end of the sentence Javier's voice is nearly a shout, and he is swaying ever so slightly back and forth, fists closed and knuckles white from the exertion. He looks at the Boss expectantly, waiting for him to give the word.

"Fancy clothes and fancy talk for a troll, but he seems nice enough. Maybe this Redwatch actually stans a chance, specially now that I'm here..."
« Last Edit: <07-09-13/0114:35> by martinchaen »

brimstone14

• Newb
« Reply #22 on: <07-09-13/0133:15> »
"I knew we could count on you Javier!" 
Slaps him squarely on the back.  The slap doesn't even move the massive mound that is Javier.

"I just sent you an encrypted text message.  Send this to the phone number of Ryu..."
sends the info to his commlink.

"Meet up with him and I will be contacting all of you shortly with your first mission together."

"Time to do some damage..."

Boss gets up and moves towards the back door.  He disappears through the doors.

martinchaen

« Reply #23 on: <07-09-13/0833:07> »
As the other troll walks out, Javier smiles to himself and lumbers out to the front. He nods and flashes a toothy grin to the bartender, and heads on outside.

After settling into his ATV, he keys up his 'link and forwards the message to Ryu.

"Time to hit a Stuffer Shack until this guy calls me back."

brimstone14

• Newb
« Reply #24 on: <07-09-13/0916:23> »
Ryu's commlink starts indicating that a new message is present.

Encrypted message

Raiden

• Omae
« Reply #25 on: <07-09-13/1517:42> »
After receiving the encrypted  message the next morning Derick threads a decrypt form and decrypts the message.  *The hell is is?*
[spoiler] software +resonance 10d + 3 feng shui +2 in tune +3 resonance well=18d6
 18d6.hits(5)=7 using 5 hits for a Rating of 5, receives 5 stun fading.
 17d6.hits(5)=4 takes one stun box.
decrypt electronic warfare 2 +form 5 + 3 from feng shui, (technical skill) 10d6
 10d6.hits(5)=2 [/spoiler]
speech
Matrix
Actions
Thoughts

brimstone14

• Newb
« Reply #26 on: <07-09-13/1649:33> »
The message reads:

Ryu,

I'm sending some muscle your way to join your unit. Once I am finished fully assembling your team, I will have another task for you and your group. Each member I send you will have an encrypted message with them. It will use the same encryption scheme so you will know it is from me. Remember, these men are your brothers. I expect them to be treated as such.

Please contact Javier and meet up with him. He is the newest addition to your group.

-Boss

Raiden

• Omae
« Reply #27 on: <07-09-13/1740:59> »
*muscle huh, yeah we need some meat muscle, makes things easier on my drones. wonder just how much muscle this guy is...*

<To Javier: So, your the new guy huh? tell me, why you got what it takes to be redwatch, and just what makes you so valuable. What do you bring to the table in other words. If your serious in this meet me at this location, take care to contact me before entering the premises.> Derick (Ryuu) sends the address of his street and the house across the street from his.
speech
Matrix
Actions
Thoughts

martinchaen

« Reply #28 on: <07-09-13/1820:06> »
The Stuffer Shack down the street from Soygaritaville has a massive hole in the store front , so Javier makes his way in the Morgan to the next one.

While browsing the Tastee Treats section, he receives a message on his link. After reading it thoroughly makes his way back outside, handfuls of soybeef jerky in tow.

"Vaaa. luuu. aaable. That's 'spensive, right? Oh, what's I worth to the team! Heh heh, he'll see soon enough, I think. Ry... Rju... Ruy? Ray. I'll call him Ray."

Nodding to himself, pleased at his own deductive reasoning, he types up a response.

"Hola, Ray. You da littel Boss? I got musles, and lots of em. You need someone knocked round de hed a bit, or killed ded, I'm your guy. An I got som peopel who nows stuff, if you knows what I mean. I'm on my way, man; juss let me now when it's OK to come in, OK?"

Taking a bite of the soybeef, plastic wrapper and all, Javier gets in the ATV and fires it up once more. With tires screeching as he floors the accelerator, he smiles to himself.

"It's a good day to be alive."

---

Javier makes it to the address he was provided after an uneventful ride through the Barrens. He sees a few gunfights, some strung up gangers, and what looks like a feral ghoul on the way, but nothing out of the ordinary for this part of town.

Parking as usual, he hops out of his vehicle and heads over to the doorway, looking around to see if he can spot someone in the windows or hear if anyone's nearby. He also takes a good deep breath, filling his lungs with the somewhat putrid air to get a feel for the place. He then knocks on the door, hollers a hullo, and settles against the wall for a while.

[spoiler]
Invisiblecastle returns a 503 error. Trying PBE instead. Screw that. rolz.com seems a lot easier to use, and we can have "dice rooms" for ourselves.
Perception 4 + INT 3 + Scent specialization 2 = [ 9d6S ] => [ [ 5 2 5 6 4 4 4 6 5 ] ] 5 hits
Perception 4 + INT 3 + Audio Enhancement 3 = [ 10d6S ] => [ [ 4 2 3 5 5 6 5 2 6 2 ] ] 5 hits
Perception 4 + INT 3 + Vision Enhancement 3 = [ 10d6S ] => [ [ 4 5 4 6 2 3 5 3 6 5 ] ] 5 hits
[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: <07-09-13/1855:22> by martinchaen »

Raiden

• Omae
« Reply #29 on: <07-09-13/1839:50> »
* well, that message was enlightening. heh, I could have some fun with this. Still.. ray? Anyway if Boss sent him to us he has to be worth something.

<To Javier: It's Ryuu, and yeah,you can call me the little boss you see that rinkey dink house, the one I sent you the address to? well look parallel to it on the opposite side of the street, the real nice looking one, that is the place. There may be some boot camp action going on. Also, if you meet anyone that asks for a reason you are here and or has a rifle pointed at you tell them that you are here to meet me. I'll let them know we have company inbound, Just don't do anything hostile or that could be considered hostile. Oh and it may be recommended not to bring any heavy weaponry in just yet.>

Derick lets the sec. team know someone is on the way. Then sits down for a bite of Thai food, soycafe wasn't great by any means, but it wasn't bad either, thats for sure.
speech
Matrix
Actions
Thoughts