NEWS

Origins, June 22-26, Columbus, OH

• 34 Replies

Mystic

• Freelancer
  • Omae
  • Word Mercenary
« Reply #30 on: <06-17-11/0742:45> »
Here is my story...and it is the one I am sticking with.

Via freelancer email I throw out that I would be willing to run a Shadowrun game or two at Gen Con, just a simple little affair mind you. Mere nano-seconds after hitting the send button I notice that there is a reply from...Bull. Opening it up I read. "Mission. lots and lots of Missions. I still need GMs :)" Now, how can I offer to run an after hours game and not help out Bull? As he is one of the unsung heroes of CGL, an all round nice guy, and possessed of such stature that one doesn't casually seek to offend.

Sooooo..I will be at Origins running Missions (lots and lots of Missions).  ;D

I will also be filming for my YouTube channel so be sure to swing by and say hello!

I'll be there too, running for all I'm worth (which ain't much on my wages).
Bringing chaos, mayhem, and occasionally cookies to the Sixth World since 2052!

"Just because it's easy for you doesn't mean it can't be hard on your clients"-Rule 38, The Seventy Maxims of Maximally Effective Mercenaries, Schlock Mercenary.

Critias

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
  • Company Elf
« Reply #31 on: <06-17-11/1354:48> »
Have fun with Ancient Pawns and Super Brawl Sunday, everyone!  I'm excited about someone besides me running my first couple adventures.  If anyone has questions, feel free to PM me or whatever.  I want 'em to go smoothly.  ;)

Bull

• Ace Runner
  • Crotchety Old Ork Decker
« Reply #32 on: <06-17-11/1414:22> »
(The GMs all hate em!!! ;))

Hehe.  Kidding.

Should be interesting.  And Lurker's running Ancient pawns for what looks to be a mostly GM group on Wednesday, so should be cool.

Bull

DWC

• Omae
« Reply #33 on: <06-17-11/1559:29> »
Ancient Pawns was quite amusing, and I thoroughly enjoyed playing it back at SynDCon.  I heartily recommend it to anyone looking for an over-the-top few hours of mayhem.

Critias

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
  • Company Elf
« Reply #34 on: <06-17-11/1629:08> »
Ancient Pawns was quite amusing, and I thoroughly enjoyed playing it back at SynDCon.  I heartily recommend it to anyone looking for an over-the-top few hours of mayhem.
Awesome.  That's precisely the sort of thing I was hoping to hear, as I was writing it.  I've been leery about my CMP jobs in part because I'm not really a "published adventure guy," in that in my own GMing (which has been about 20 years now), I don't think I've ever run a published adventure, for any game, ever, without making major changes.  Heck, even my Shadowrun adventures, I've just bought them to read, enjoy, and steal NPCs from.

So writing adventures has been an experience.  I've had fun playtesting them, I've had fun running them at a few cons...but I'm very glad to hear that other GMs have been able to use them, and players with those other GMs have still had "over-the-top" fun as a result. 

So, anyways!  Lurker, if you run into anything that doesn't make sense, or you have any questions or just want to chat about how prior sessions of it have gone or anything, feel free to toss me a line.