NEWS

[OOC] New Beginnings DUSK

• 445 Replies

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #15 on: <09-15-16/0248:52> »
Ahh.  Thanks.  So my date might not start until Saturday.  Either that or I am already on it and a call could be inconvenient.  It would be very bad form to disappoint my Vory superiors by dumping the guy.
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #16 on: <09-15-16/0510:01> »
I might have missed it, but how much time has passed since the end of the last mission/start of this one?
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #17 on: <09-15-16/0527:02> »
Call it six weeks, total.  The timeline continues to be an issue I know, I want to try and get a little tighter on that, but it is the nature of the beast.

On the subject of the timeline, if Snow is attending the meet, it will be mucking with her plans, as she is scheduled to meet her date at the same time, attending a dinner meeting with him before taking over the rest of his visit for recreation before putting him on a plane Sunday evening.

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #18 on: <09-15-16/0701:28> »
She can join over commlink, or we can tell people she's meeting with a supplier for some extra equipment.  Both Sam and Sammy can pull that off easily.
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #19 on: <09-15-16/0744:00> »
A few more questions

Are the team's upgrades in effect yet? And does O'Connor get the shaman as a contact?
"Speech" *Thought* <Matrix> ~Astral~

Characters

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #20 on: <09-15-16/1617:20> »
She can join over commlink, or we can tell people she's meeting with a supplier for some extra equipment.  Both Sam and Sammy can pull that off easily.

She COULD do that, if things are perfect for you, but they aren't.  Meeting places like the 77 Club are generally prone to having extreme amounts of Matrix protection, signal scramblers and whatnot. 

A few more questions

Are the team's upgrades in effect yet? And does O'Connor get the shaman as a contact?

The shaman has not told O'Conner that he is done, but all the other stuff has been dealt with. 

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #21 on: <09-15-16/1825:47> »
A few more questions

The shaman has not told O'Conner that he is done, but all the other stuff has been dealt with.
So everyone but O'Connor gets to use their upgrades for this mission then? And you didn't answer me about the shaman becoming a contact.

Characters

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #22 on: <09-15-16/2114:12> »
Yes, you can add her as a loyalty 1.  And don't get axle wrapped about the other part just yet.

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #23 on: <09-15-16/2137:05> »
Clem isn't done with her martial art training and she still has 2.5 months to go, so O'Connor isn't the only one without the full upgrades.
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #24 on: <09-16-16/0242:47> »
I have noticed some of the characters don't have any street names per say (Clem, Sammy and Torley, to be precise). I'm a firm believer in other people choosing one's nickname, so I will put forward my own suggestions and leave my character to your care.

I personally liked Necro's "Starlet" for Sammy, and would submit "Quickjaw" for Torley. What do you think?
« Last Edit: <09-16-16/0259:47> by HydroRaven »
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #25 on: <09-16-16/0253:07> »
I like those names, but like you said, I feel that the people should agree.  However, I am well aware that some people just seem to pick up nicknames.  Snow has some that are not very flattering............at least not in polite company.
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #26 on: <09-16-16/0337:37> »
I don't mind Starlet as nickname, but we might have to check on O'Connor's.  While Bullet Storm is appropriate, it's too long to use in combat over a comm system.  Saying 'Connor, 2 mooks on your left' is faster than using Bullet Storm.  So Sammy will probably use Connor in combat

As to making a connection with the matrix in a club as the 77, I always assumed that this was possible.  Magic wards and very good matrix security is obvious, but a lot of people who go there will probably need a matrix connection even if only to continue to check their work email while at the club.  But if not, we'll figure something out.
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #27 on: <09-16-16/0347:54> »
For Sam, I submit Checkmate since he's great at manipulating and maneuvering people. Chess is well outside O'Connor's wheelhouse, so it'd be on someone else to put it forward.

For Clem, I don't really have anything clever at the moment, but I'll keep working on it.

Characters

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #28 on: <09-16-16/0650:04> »
You guys are like my kids sometimes, I swear,  ::) ??? ;D

I try to be clear, and I go back and I see things just did not get heard right and then I gotta be the bad guy.  Whatev, I'll make it work.

I know I don't really get a vote about such, but I like BS or Con for the resident kill-it, they seem appropriate, Starlet is on point. 

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #29 on: <09-16-16/0705:13> »
I've reread the thing about the Club and it's indeed completely blocked.  Sorry about that.

I've also rolled my 'Seattle High Society' knowledge skill to make the answer I've done in the IC topic (that it has a quite strict dress code).
seatle high society knowledge: 5d6t5 2

I'll wear my Zoé Executive suit with my form-fitting armour underneath (that's why I took the half suit in the form-fitting armour, so I could wear it beneath clothes like this).  The evening gown is a bit too much I think. ;)