NEWS

Darker and Edgier Chapter 1: Prelude OOC and Introduction.

• 258 Replies

Stuttrboy

• Omae
« Reply #60 on: <09-29-16/2038:49> »
It's 4 in spellcasting, shame on you.  I think you might have been thinking of Isla
Life is a hideous thing, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous. --H. P. Lovecraft

Stuttrboy

• Omae
« Reply #61 on: <09-30-16/2005:57> »
Where do you guys see yourselves at on the scale from pink mohawk to black trenchcoat?  One side or the other, middle road?

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/SlidingScaleOfIdealismVersusCynicism: This is what "Pink Mohawk" vs "Black Trenchcoat" usually boils down to. "Pink Mohawk" games tend to be more idealistic and feature more So Cool, It's Awesome and larger-than-life neo-anarchists and cyber-warriors fighting the good fight with high-powered explosions, while "Black Trenchcoat" is more about your players being criminals if not outright terrorists living under the radar in a cyberpunk dystopia where you're a small fry in a big pond.
Life is a hideous thing, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous. --H. P. Lovecraft

Imladir

• Omae
« Reply #62 on: <09-30-16/2130:58> »
My characters always tend to be idealistic, and I wouldn't be able to play a terrorist. A criminal possibly, but that would soon turn more Robin Hood than Al Capone... So in that sense, I'm more Pink Mohawk than Black Trenchcoat.
That said, while I don't like (at all) having Bad Stuff™ happen to my characters (I'm thinking really bad stuff, like torture, rape, etc, not just "I don't manage to do what I wanted", getting robbed - though surprisingly, I'm not a fan of getting robbed either, go figure :p), I like it when it's... well... dark. I don't mind if my characters can't have a global impact, as long as our characters have an impact in the current setting (so for example, here it could be just our corner of the barrens). I hope I'm reasonably clear :o
"Speech" | *Thoughts* | >>Matrix<< | ~Astral~

Overbyte

• Omae
« Reply #63 on: <09-30-16/2151:24> »
I tend to just prefer some "realism" in the games I play. But that means "realism within the genre".
I tend to play characters with a lot of "character". Nothing very stereotypical or cookie-cutter.
Mostly I ref these days so my games try to have the characters make hard choices, and in SR there tends to be a lot of double-crossing and mysterious goings on which the players eventually figure out.
So less pink and more edge I guess.  ;D
Nothing is foolproof. Fools are so ingenious.

Stuttrboy

• Omae
« Reply #64 on: <09-30-16/2300:22> »
Twist is up and waiting NightAngel

Stuttrboy

• Omae
« Reply #65 on: <09-30-16/2323:25> »
Sky has completed her first run and is awarded 4 karma.

I may increase rewards and backdate some Karma seeing as how long these take posting once or twice a day.

Ennui

• Omae
« Reply #66 on: <10-01-16/0112:29> »
Teddy's ride just stopped it's not broken or anything, or at least I don't see anything that would indicate that.  I don't see any reason you couldn't just run him over...other than that being a kind of dick move I guess.
Speech  Matrix  Sub-vocal  Thoughts

“Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality.”
― Lewis Carroll

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #67 on: <10-01-16/0118:52> »
If Tedd can run the guy over he will do so instead, as it is the shortest and safest route. I am not sure that he can keep up with the biker by foot anyhow, but he will not attempt stunts and things that may endanger his passengers just to runover a guy. (so parking lot is fair game, afterwards he'll be on foot).
« Last Edit: <10-01-16/0126:05> by gilga »

Ennui

• Omae
« Reply #68 on: <10-01-16/0126:19> »
You could also drive up next to him and say "freeze sucka!" lol

― Lewis Carroll

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #69 on: <10-01-16/0236:02> »
@Stuttrboy Initially I wanted Tedd as a ruthless street kid wanting to get on top of the food chain. He is not particularly cruel but had no ideology of any sort  and no moral - other than the etiquette of the streets. E.g, killing for Gunderson is survival not murder, he owns him after all. Now that he has a code of honor- I see him more of a 'good guy'.

@Ennui - I imagine Tedd as the most non intimidating person you'd imagine so I cannot even think of him trying to do something like that. Teddy - as a Teddy bear, this is why I named him like that.

Ennui

• Omae
« Reply #70 on: <10-01-16/1047:27> »
I think that was why Stuttr instituted that rule.  He didn't want to be running a group of sociopaths.

― Lewis Carroll

Stuttrboy

• Omae
« Reply #71 on: <10-01-16/1223:43> »
That's part of the reason.  Having more hooks for a character is always a good thing in my opinion.  I'm not here to screw you guys over but I want it to be interesting and applying pressure to sensitive areas is always better than leading people around by the nose.

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #72 on: <10-01-16/1302:42> »
I think we should roll initiative on who goes first but, okay: Tedd is not exactly durable he has body of 3 and armor jacket + helmet (total of 17 body + armor). He will use interrupt action (evasive driving/full defense) to add 3 points of willpower to his defense roll, lowering his initiative from 26 to 16.
First phase:

Dodge + Full defense: 12d6t5 3
I think that usually the attacker rolls first - so here I get to decide - if he has 4 or more hits - then I'll spend edge to re-roll failures.
reroll faliures (if needed): 9d6t5 4

if Tedd is hit , we'll have to see how well his armor protects him.
resist damage: 17d6t5 8

Tedd's attack:
Pilot ground craft +1: 16d6t5 6
(limit is 5 - due to the limitations of the buggy).
It should do to the man 14P -6AP if Tedd hits.
« Last Edit: <10-01-16/1311:47> by gilga »

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #73 on: <10-01-16/1339:36> »
PS I also edited the previous post to indicate we went with running the guy down ;)

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #74 on: <10-01-16/1419:18> »
Elena has few morals, but will not kill people she is not supposed to.  She is very much a get in close kind of killer, having almost no ranged skills, but she likes it that way.  Ranged weapons are for those who do not like to get their hands dirty or do not like to see the look in the victim's eyes as they die.
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>