NEWS

The Proofing Process...

• 24 Replies

Namikaze

• Freelancer Ltd
  • Prime Runner
  • I'm a Ma'fan of Shadowrun!
« Reply #15 on: <02-01-15/2300:35> »
You've been meaning to give us juicy leaks and tidbits? I can get behind that.

I am very purposefully taking this entirely out of context.   ;D
Feel free to keep any karma you earned illicitly, it's on us.

Quote from: Stephen Covey
Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #16 on: <02-03-15/1236:46> »
I've been meaning to do that for a while. Trying to work it into the schedule.

Jason H.
Thanks Jason. Very much hope that this sorts out and you can establish a regular(ish) schedule.

Sengir

• Omae
« Reply #17 on: <02-05-15/1312:54> »
You mean products that merely show that they're produced by imperfect and fallible humans rather than god-like beings with no flaws?
If it's just due to "imperfect and fallible humans", then who wrote the books before the marked decrease in quality?

Imveros

• Ace Runner
« Reply #18 on: <02-05-15/1317:40> »
You mean products that merely show that they're produced by imperfect and fallible humans rather than god-like beings with no flaws?
If it's just due to "imperfect and fallible humans", then who wrote the books before the marked decrease in quality?

different slightly more perfect people? What does it matter? This thread is about moving forward and onward!

I for one love the new attempt at transparency. Run faster's quality has me excited for data trails and beyond :)
No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

"normal speech" thought "Matrix"   whisper "Subvocal" "Foreign Language"

Namikaze

• Freelancer Ltd
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #19 on: <02-05-15/1446:46> »

The process in the past was effective because the team wasn't always so scattered.  Now that there are freelancers from all corners of the world involved, it meant a significant change to the way things were done before.  This is what led to the decrease in quality.  Now that the processes have been adapted, we're seeing a marked increase in quality.  If you want to blame people for the past, feel free.  But the rest of us want to move forward.

Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.

Sengir

• Omae
« Reply #20 on: <02-05-15/1922:56> »
What does it matter?
Well, what A4B's claim boils down to that there neither is a problem nor will there be an improvement, because we're all fallible humans and how dare you expect anything better than SG? Which is kinda funny given that this thread is about CGL admitting that there have been problems and they are trying to fix them (by using the new features of Adobe 4.0, but that's another story ;)).

Namikaze

• Freelancer Ltd
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #21 on: <02-05-15/1935:59> »
What does it matter?
Well, what A4B's claim boils down to that there neither is a problem nor will there be an improvement, because we're all fallible humans and how dare you expect anything better than SG? Which is kinda funny given that this thread is about CGL admitting that there have been problems and they are trying to fix them (by using the new features of Adobe 4.0, but that's another story ;)).

I'm not convinced that we read the same post.  Or maybe we just took different things from it.  I took A4BGs post to mean that people make mistakes, period.  I never got a "neither is there a problem nor will there be an improvement" from his post at all.  He said that people these days expect everything to be perfect right off the bat, which is both assinine and bound to lead to disappointment.  Once in a blue moon, I agree wholeheartedly with A4BG, and this is one of those times.

What you've decided, Sengir, is to take up a cause that has nothing to stand on.  You're either saying that Catalyst can do no right, or you're saying Catalyst can do no wrong.  The truth is in the middle.  Catalyst is made up of human beings who made mistakes, have owned those mistakes, and are implementing the necessary changes to prevent those mistakes from happening again.  It's as simple as that.

Sengir

• Omae
« Reply #22 on: <02-06-15/0510:27> »
I took A4BGs post to mean that people make mistakes, period.
Grinder wrote that CGL delivered "sub-par products", which is basically what the blog post says. A4B's response was that these products, which the makers themselves admitted to be somewhat improvable,"merely show that they're produced by imperfect and fallible humans rather than god-like beings with no flaws" and that anybody expecting something better (like the guys who make the products in question) is just an entitled little brat.

You're either saying that Catalyst can do no right, or you're saying Catalyst can do no wrong. 
[citation needed]

All4BigGuns

• Prime Runner
« Reply #23 on: <02-06-15/1105:20> »
I did just say that people make mistakes.

I did not make any such accusation.

Now, despite that I did not state such a thing, the sheer number of vocal complainers amongst the Modern Gamers these days does put my opinion at the point of believing that most Modern Gamers (be they RPG players, minis game players, video game players, MMO players or board game players) are overly entitled anymore and that the 'blog' in question would not have been necessary in the slightest if it weren't for that trend.

I never intended on stating that portion of the opinion, but given the false accusation of calling people such I felt the need to put it out there as my opinion alone and without actually accusing anyone of anything.
(SR5) Homebrew Archetypes

Tangled Currents (Persistent): 33 Karma, 60,000 nuyen

Namikaze

• Freelancer Ltd
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #24 on: <02-06-15/1132:06> »
Grinder wrote that CGL delivered "sub-par products", which is basically what the blog post says. A4B's response was that these products, which the makers themselves admitted to be somewhat improvable,"merely show that they're produced by imperfect and fallible humans rather than god-like beings with no flaws" and that anybody expecting something better (like the guys who make the products in question) is just an entitled little brat.

Well, since you can read A4BG's response to your... weird interpretation, I won't bother responding to this bit.

[citation needed]

If you think I'm wrong in how I've interpreted your words, then guess what?  I'm not alone.  You did the same thing with A4BG's post, and now you're acting like a tool about my interpretation of your post.  Pot, meet kettle.

Let's not derail this thread any further - I think most of us can agree that Catalyst is moving forward in the correct direction.  That's what this post was all about - giving some transparency to the issue(s) that Catalyst was dealing with, and showing how they're resolving these issues.  Run Faster did a great job of showing that the new proofing process works well, but getting this behind-the-scenes look is very reassuring to me and (based on the posts here) many others.  So rather than bitch and moan about the woes of the past, let's talk about moving forward and how Catalyst is treating our beloved Shadowrun world.  For my money (literally), Catalyst is doing a great job.