NEWS

Playstation 3 games

• 27 Replies

The Seven

• Chummer
  • It only is paranoia if you can't prove it.
« Reply #15 on: <06-06-11/2000:19> »
inFamous is one of my favorite games, and inFamous 2 comes out tomorrow. I would highly recommend you get the first, you won't be disappointed.

I got it on the Welcome Back pack (lucky me getting the console just five days before the PSN went offline ;D), and I'm enjoying it immensely.

Definetely looking forward for inFamous 2, but there are two games above it on my priority list (Crysis 2 and MvC2).
[the7 | abyssus abyssum invocat]

Quote from: Batou
Quote from: Major Motoko Kusanagi
What the hell did you use?
Your standard issue big gun.

KarmaInferno

• Ace Runner
  • Armor Stacking Cheese Monkey
« Reply #16 on: <06-07-11/0023:06> »
I was gonna get a PS3 a little while back, but the revelation about just how bad Sony's network security is has made me reconsider.

I have plenty of other forms of entertainment. I really don't need the stress about having to worry about that kinda thing.

-k

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #17 on: <06-07-11/0039:16> »
I've been using PlayStation products since the PSX, and got the PS3 only because I was able to get the model that was hardware backwards-compatible.  Man, it seems so long ago.

I just didn't want all my old PSX and PS2 games to go to waste because my PS2 was dead.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

KarmaInferno

• Ace Runner
« Reply #18 on: <06-07-11/1910:51> »
Heh, I still have my old PS2, but when I hook it up to the 46" flatscreen, man do those PS1 and PS2 games look awful.

-k

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #19 on: <06-07-11/2213:02> »
I was gawking at the PSX cutscenes going, "Hey, this isn't so bad."

Then the game started...  Um, yeah...  Hard to play Parasite Eve now.  :P

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Malroth

• Newb
« Reply #20 on: <06-08-11/2326:52> »
The Dragon Age games have already been mentioned, first one's story was definitely better, but 2 had better gameplay and more entertaining supporting party members.  Well, sure there's Anders, but at least you're not stuck with him like you are Alistair.

Borderlands is a great game.  Personally I don't care for 1st person shooters, but I loved this one.  Granted, I haven't played many of the newer shooters lately.  The comedy in the game is a lot of fun, and the choice in characters mixes things up quite nicely.

Assassin's Creed 2 of course is great.  It's a big sandbox, and an engaging story.  Straight-up combat isn't that enjoyable, but you're not made for straight-up combat.  The stealth kills are well done.

My favorite though has to still be Demon's Souls.  This is one that people either love or hate, but you can now get it for about 20 bucks, so I'd say it's worth a shot.  This is a game that actively hates you, but at the same time is...well, brutally fair.  If you die (and you will, a LOT), you know what you did wrong.  And the game is designed around you dying, a lot.

Bah, I'm not doing it justice.  http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/rpg/demonssoul/review.html

FFXIII I wasn't a big fan of, honestly.  I especially didn't care for the "if your lead character dies, game over.  No, I don't care if your other two characters in combat are still alive, and you have enough phoenix downs to choke a camel.  Game over."  But even then it felt cheap, because even if it was game over, you could then just restart the battle like nothing happened.  It both made a mockery of your death, and made it cheap.  However, I did really enjoy some of the other aspects of the combat system, and the story itself was pretty good (though I did love the story of FFXII).

raben-aas

• Freelancer
  • Chummer
« Reply #21 on: <08-15-11/0640:43> »
I was gonna get a PS3 a little while back, but the revelation about just how bad Sony's network security is has made me reconsider.

I imagine the network to be much safer now, esp. when compared to all the networks who are/were just as shitty, but had the LUCK of not being a target (yet).

Totally safe networks: Not gonna happen. No matter what console/PC
-+-+-+-+-
Visit my Deviantart gallery: http://raben-aas.deviantart.com/gallery/
And my German SR website with lots of equipment: http://www.raben-aas.de/

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #22 on: <08-15-11/1115:01> »
Security is there to keep civilians honest.

Professionals will find a way, no matter what you do.  All you can do is make it more difficult for them.

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

KarmaInferno

• Ace Runner
« Reply #23 on: <08-15-11/2210:22> »
Nevermind "professionals". Sufficiently determined script kiddies are making all sorts of hell for IT security these days.

-k

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #24 on: <08-15-11/2211:50> »
Nevermind "professionals". Sufficiently determined script kiddies are making all sorts of hell for IT security these days.

-k
Don't I know it and doesn't it piss me the hell off.

On the flipside, Shadowrun nailed that part of what's going on in the world PERFECTLY!

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

All4BigGuns

• Prime Runner
« Reply #25 on: <11-13-11/1510:08> »
My favorite PS3 games? Well here's my list as of right now.

Fallout 3
Fallout: New Vegas
Final Fantasy 13
Dynasty Warriors 6
Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection (what can I say, it lets ya kick it old school with some great Sega Games. Unfortunately the Genesis Shadowrun game isn't in it  :-[ )
(SR5) Homebrew Archetypes

Tangled Currents (Persistent): 33 Karma, 60,000 nuyen

raggedhalo

• Omae
« Reply #26 on: <12-19-11/1241:59> »
Metal Gear Solid 4. Still awesome.
Joe Rooney
Freelancer (Missions and otherwise: here's my stuff, plus CMP 2011-05 Burn Notice)

My Obsidian Portal profile

RelentlessImp

• Chummer
« Reply #27 on: <12-19-11/1912:30> »
Resonance of Fate. If you can stand the storyline (I enjoyed it) the gameplay is hilarious fun, as it's all cinematic gunfight... though it does get a little tedious for random battles, there's a definite element of strategy in lining everything up perfectly so you can unload with a 3 person shooting gunfight going apeshit all over the boss.

Valkyria Chronicles. The story's pretty cool, if you enjoy alternative history fiction, but the strategy gameplay is very intense... at least until you reach a certain part where one member of the party becomes an unstoppable killing machine due to story reasons.

Saints Row 2 and Saints Row the Third. If you enjoy sandboxy GTA-style games, I can't recommend these enough. They dispense with the seriousness the GTA franchise has indulged in and go for over the top ridiculousness and hilarity.

I can't in good conscience recommend FF13, though I bought the PS3 just for it. It's pretty much an on-rails RPG, which is something I hoped never to see. But if you're gonna get it, better to get it on the PS3 than the 360, if only to stop the dropping in of scenery and enemies due to draw distance. It's jarring.

For those recommending Bethesda games, those games are so much better on the PC due to the modder community. I couldn't have played Oblivion very long if I didn't have certain mods (like Deadly Reflexes - combat is so damned boring otherwise).
Next time you're down on your knees, and you're expecting a slap, it might be me in that mask, and I just might have a bat.
Currently Looking for Work