NEWS

Genesis

• 3 Replies

Bishophawk

• Newb
« on: <02-23-23/0336:37> »
Does anybody know if Genesis character creator is going to be updated with the 6th world companion and hack&slash, or if there is another creator like it that has those books?

Stitch

• Newb
« Reply #1 on: <02-23-23/0657:17> »
The main developer started working on a succcessor app several month ago - named commlink.
It is still alpha ...but if you want to have a first look.
https://www.rpgframework.de/commlink6/

Genesis had to many hardwired code parts which were not adaptable to all the new ideas in Hack & slash.

Genesis will get Bugfixes for some time being but i assume "soon" this year Taranion might announce this new application.
For indepth knowledge or better time frames i think anyone is welcome on the Genesis Discord.

That said: Some very pragmatic people simply adjusted some of the configuration XML so that Genesis at least supports some qualities and stuff from the new books...but here I have to point you to the discord again.

Bishophawk

• Newb
« Reply #2 on: <02-23-23/0937:55> »
Thank you very much I will check out the new site.

taranion

• Newb
« Reply #3 on: <02-24-23/0451:18> »
Stich already gave the essentials.

Since over a year now I am actively working on a successor to Genesis, to overcome some restrictions I had in Genesis that I could not solve without a major incompatible overhaul. I simply don't have the time to work on new rules from the newer releases in Genesis as a side project.
There is an ongoing attempt from other folks of the community (@Karmainferno @Shenanigan) to provide missing data as custom data files (https://bitbucket.org/Ddbyrd90/genesis-sr6-custom-files/src/master/ for Shenanigans work - Karmainferno publishes his additional data on Discord), which I try to support if it can be done without larger efforts.

I try to bring the successor in a usable state - content wise and bugfix-wise. There already is content from the Sixth World Companion included, e.g. Point Buy generation, new metatypes ... but other content present in Genesis is still missing. As for the bugfixes ... currently Genesis is more robust, but the more people give Commlink a try, the better it will get.

I hope to start a Beta test within the next weeks - and then I will announce it in this forum,