NEWS

SR6 Is IC programms

• 34 Replies

ZeroSum

• Omae
« Reply #30 on: <10-17-19/1151:22> »
Thanks for clarifying, Banshee. That just means I will house rule it; the host rating +1, +2, +3 thing just doesn't fit my idea of a streamlined system, to be honest. I posted my house rule suggestion in the house rule thread.

hulka

• Newb
« Reply #31 on: <10-17-19/1319:54> »
Good news. Thank you.

DigitalZombie

• Omae
« Reply #32 on: <10-17-19/1338:50> »
@Zerosum.
I read your houserule in the other thread, I found it easy, sleek and intuitive.
And I guess technically you didnt houserule IC, but more just hosts loosing the +1, +2 and +3.

What I really like about that rule is, if your game suddenly became more matrix focused, it would be easy to just introduce a host with rating x i  everything, but x+2 in attack for instance

Personally I would still go with the various bonusses, as per upcoming errata. ( not that my games  have been very matrix focused so far :/)

PatrolDeer

• Newb
« Reply #33 on: <10-23-19/0832:33> »
There was a discussion here about what would the hosts attack attribute be used for.

I am thinking that if the host is attended by a security spider, could the spider have besides IC also the possibility to use regular matrix actions against the intruder ?
The spider sits behind the host, not behind a deck, so the spider can harness the raw power of the host to directly combat intruders instead of passively watching while being hacked ?

Is that too crazy ?

Banshee

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #34 on: <10-23-19/0836:46> »
There was a discussion here about what would the hosts attack attribute be used for.

I am thinking that if the host is attended by a security spider, could the spider have besides IC also the possibility to use regular matrix actions against the intruder ?
The spider sits behind the host, not behind a deck, so the spider can harness the raw power of the host to directly combat intruders instead of passively watching while being hacked ?

Is that too crazy ?

You are correct, a spider could be using a deck or just using the host
Robert "Banshee" Volbrecht
Freelancer & FAQ Committee member
Former RPG Lead Agent
Catalyst Demo Team