NEWS

IC [Prelude] Da Bears!

• 52 Replies

Stuttrboy

• Omae
« on: <01-11-17/2327:24> »
The Next Round is a cliche and that's part of its charm.  The fake wood paneling was the bright idea of the previous manager, put up to hide the yellowed tobacco stained walls.  The main bar isn't much to look at, the long bar with the old circular spinning stools bolted to the ground and two rows of booths.  The ork Gunderson sits at the booth furthest from the entrance an ever present fixture in this place.  Opposite him is the stairwell one flight leading up, one flight leading down.

The cage matches held downstairs are brutal and bloody just like people like them.  Standing at the staircase are an odd pair.  A moderately sized troll with round Lennon glasses and a beatnik beard dreadlocks and a necklace of beads named Jacob and a new guy crew cut blonde hair obvious armor that looks like a Wild hunt knockoff, he may not be as tall as Jacob but he looks about as big around as he is.  They stop anyone who doesn't belong upstairs or down.  Upstairs is another story you have no idea what goes on other than the ghostly clack of billiards tables in use.

You both arrive with time to spare.
Life is a hideous thing, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous. --H. P. Lovecraft

Imladir

• Omae
« Reply #1 on: <01-12-17/0035:49> »
[Zyanya "Sky" Rivero - October 13th - The Barrens]

Sky doesn't goes into the bar as soon as she enters. Instead, she spends a moment to look at the crowd. Probably checking the situation... Or looking for something...or someone.

In the end, apparently satisfied, she enters, and goes straight to Gunderson. She really doesn't want to spend more time than absolutely necessary in here "Hi."
"Speech" | *Thoughts* | >>Matrix<< | ~Astral~

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #2 on: <01-12-17/0107:56> »
Tedd grabs a stool by the bar and orders a glass of water, he is broke to a degree where even fake beer seems expensive. Until he delivers the car to Oz that is.
He spots Gunderson talking with someone, and knows better than disturb the man. The last thing he needs is to learn about something he should not know and get on the bad side of his creditor.

Stuttrboy

• Omae
« Reply #3 on: <01-12-17/2329:10> »
Gunderson waves Ted over and starts once he joins you.  We need to track down a creature we believe is infected, that's infected with a capital I.  We are thinking so sort of new ghoul type maybe.  The poor sap was a fellow named Murphy who was being killed by another one of these things but got interrupted.  The killer fled and Murphy was left for dead but upon returning the body was gone.  Seems it walked off on its own.  We got a good deal of it's blood and we will provide you with a way to track this thing but it will involve some ritual magic.  I don't know the details Sky, but Jack will lead it he said he'd need two bodies with magic to cast it, so that's you two.  If you accept I will tell you where to meet Jack to get started.  You two up for this?
Life is a hideous thing, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous. --H. P. Lovecraft

Imladir

• Omae
« Reply #4 on: <01-12-17/2335:43> »
[Zyanya "Sky" Rivero - October 14th - The Barrens]

Sky nods warily at Tedd, then listens quietly.

She then shrugs and answers Gunderson's question "Like I said yesterday, it'll depend on what that Jack has to say. He's the one we have to talk to about the conditions of the job after all, right? But an unknown type of Infected? None of those are exactly easy to deal with, and all of them are dangerous. To say nothing of our own risks to be infected in turn. So I'll want to make sure that this Jack knows what he's doing. And that the job pays accordingly of course."
« Last Edit: <01-13-17/0732:59> by Imladir »

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #5 on: <01-13-17/0657:32> »
Ted attempts not to burst in laughter once Gunderson mentions ritual magic. In an honest attempt to keep serious. "Ritual magic?!it is not like you to pull my leg like that... He took a deep breath and said
Now seriously, I do not do magic. I am technically awakened but I certainly cannot perform any rituals.I have no problem to do the job but you better find someone else for rituals. There are many mundane things that I can do to find that person.
« Last Edit: <01-13-17/0722:27> by gilga »

Imladir

• Omae
« Reply #6 on: <01-13-17/0708:04> »

"I was told this Jack doesn't need people able to perform rituals, as long as they're awakened. We'll probably just have to stand and keep our mouths shut or some such."
« Last Edit: <01-13-17/0733:44> by Imladir »

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #7 on: <01-13-17/0717:24> »
Tedd seems shaken he asks "Which is probably what I should do now before I get into more troubles, but may I ask what sort of magic are we talking about?  He is not going to practice blood magic or something that dangerous right?"

Imladir

• Omae
« Reply #8 on: <01-13-17/0737:07> »

Sky shrugs "Probably not something that bad. And if it's the case, there'll be one less blood mage in town so..."

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #9 on: <01-13-17/1003:30> »
"Well I do not like the idea of serving as a battery for some evil magic but my options are limited, I am Tedd by the way" He then added "A driver and decker. Do you need a ride?"

Stuttrboy

• Omae
« Reply #10 on: <01-13-17/2127:42> »
I don't really know shit about magic but Jack's a stand up guy I doubt he's into anything "evil".  He's real anti-corporate but he has a special kind of hate for those Atzlan douchebags.  Gunderson looks at Sky and continues speaking directly to her.  I, er, told him a little of your past.  Just enough to keep him from interrogating you, you know with your accent.  I didn't want him to assume, ya know.  Kept it professional though no real details.

I'm offering 15 grand for taking care of the problem.  I mean if he's a ghoul and not feral just tell him to follow the rules and we won't need him dead, but if he's dangerous we need to put him down.  I can give you access to any special equipment you might need, within reason.  Big ticket items would have to be returned in decent condition, yadda yadda yadda.  You guys interested?  If not I gotta find some more people and we are a little pressed for time.

Imladir

• Omae
« Reply #11 on: <01-13-17/2207:41> »

Sky first answers to Tedd with a nod "I'm Sky."

She listens quietly to Gunderson. Not really liking the first part of his speech, but admitting it's probably for the best. At the second part, she frowns suspiciously "Are you trying to take advantage of my good heart by admitting you're pressed for time, hoping I won't use that to agree to raise that payment a bit?"

She smiles ruefully "Because if that's the case, you're out of luck. I'll admit 15k is a reasonable basis but it's only that, a basis. A rush job concerning an Infected..." She shakes her head. After a second, she adds "Oh and in addition, I'll want you to tell me more about Jack. To keep things fair, since you told him about me."

[spoiler]
Negotiation: 8d6t5 5
Oh, a very nice roll here, cool :)
Don't get used to it Gilga though, as you see the pool is not that high ^^
[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: <01-16-17/0139:46> by Imladir »

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #12 on: <01-14-17/0048:33> »
"Don't forget about the creepy ritual magic part. Jack may be reliable but many of his kind are batshit crazy. " said Tedd
[Spoiler]
 I rolled teamwork
Teamwork: 4d6t5 1
One extra die
Teamwork: 1d6t5 1
And one extra hit. Six overall nice dicerolls!
« Last Edit: <01-14-17/0050:21> by gilga »

Stuttrboy

• Omae
« Reply #13 on: <01-16-17/0116:36> »
I'll bump it up to 20 grand if you will go now, otherwise I got people to call.

Imladir

• Omae
« Reply #14 on: <01-16-17/0138:09> »

Sky Seems to hesitate a couple of seconds, while glancing at Ted. It's mostly for show though, 10k apiece is quite the payout. She does have the slightest idea of what she could do with that, but she doesn't doubt she'll be able to find something.

So of course, she nods "Alright, that enough for me. Where do we meet this Jack? Oh and I'll still need you to send me some data on him to even things out."