NEWS

Cyber-shuriken-launcher?

• 10 Replies

忍

« on: <04-10-16/2344:33> »
Has there ever been some sort of launcher for shuriken or such? If not how would y'all stat it?

reference:

Dinendae

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1 on: <04-10-16/2350:02> »
Have you ever seen the cheesy, B-Grade movie "I Come in Peace?" The alien uses something along the lines of what you are talking about. Stats-wise someone else would need to help you; I've never sat down and tried to draw up new equipment in Shadowrun, and I can't recall seeing anything that would be similar.  ???

MijRai

• Ace Runner
  • Kane's Understudy
« Reply #2 on: <04-11-16/0014:25> »
Well, as far as stats go...  I'd do Shuriken damage/AP, maybe with a Rating to the launcher to represent the Strength for range and increase to damage.  Accuracy 4 or so, (c) or (m) for the ammunition, probably 10-20 rounds max.  Slap on a Capacity so people can put it in their cyberarms! 

EDIT:  Use the Pistols skill, as that's basically what it is.  The relatively lower Accuracy comes from that. 
« Last Edit: <04-11-16/0029:20> by MijRai »
Would you want to go into a place where the resident had a drum-fed shotgun and can see in the dark?

Blue Rose

• Omae
« Reply #3 on: <04-11-16/0147:03> »
'Exotic' would be more consistent with existing standards, but I think a lot of the exotic weapons should be lumped into other skills..  A dart pistol is still a pistol, dammit.

Perhaps assume a strength of 6, and approximately heavy pistol size?  It's kinda bulky.

Herr Brackhaus

• Prime Runner
« Reply #4 on: <04-11-16/0649:51> »
Shuriken launchers, aka catapults, would be 12" range, S4, AP5, Assault 2, Bladestorm.

:D

Coyote

• Chummer
« Reply #5 on: <04-11-16/1011:27> »
Shuriken launchers, aka catapults, would be 12" range, S4, AP5, Assault 2, Bladestorm.

Do they come with Battle Focus as a Wireless bonus? Cheesy Eldar.

Xexanoth

• Chummer
« Reply #6 on: <04-13-16/1011:49> »

Do they come with Battle Focus as a Wireless bonus? Cheesy Eldar.

Who needs heretic xenos weaponry when you could have a gun that shoots Shuriken and Lighting?(optional: it has tits and is on fire)

On topic:
I think the medium Crossbow would make a good baseline, add a magazin and light pistol ranges and it seems pretty good.
Also it's propably illegal, but then again who would realize what the hell that is.

Coyote

• Chummer
« Reply #7 on: <04-21-16/2158:22> »
Also on-topic, I would suggest a positive Armor Penetration. They don't have the weight of bolts or arrows, or the high velocity of bullets, so while they may do good damage to soft flesh, they are less likely to penetrate armor designed to stop light bullets.

Xexanoth

• Chummer
« Reply #8 on: <04-22-16/0538:09> »
The Core Rulebook thrown shurikens have an AP of -1, so either keep that or since the launcher would throw them with more power than a Person i would simply keep the -2AP of the Crossbow.

welldressedgent

• Chummer
« Reply #9 on: <04-25-16/0903:20> »

Hanzi thinks he has a cool idea; but soon kids are gonna have life-savers dispensers that look like this; and knight errant will shoot them by mistake.

-g
wdg

&#24525;

« Reply #10 on: <04-26-16/0039:37> »

Hanzi thinks he has a cool idea; but soon kids are gonna have life-savers dispensers that look like this; and knight errant will shoot them by mistake.

-g
Too soon!