NEWS

Prepaid link and Grid Subscriptions

• 7 Replies

忍

« on: <01-25-16/0043:52> »
I feel like it's been stated how long a prepaid commlink works like 10 minutes for calls, msgs, etc (the 10 is an example), but I can't find it. Maybe it hasn't been stated. I checked Run Faster and didn't find it.

Does anyone know how much 'usage' a prepaid link has?

Also in Run Faster, a grid subscription is 50 nuyen (in lifestyle). I feel like there was another listing for it somewhere for 100. Could that be for a global subscription? I could be imagining things. Are all subscriptions for any grid 50 nuyen? Am I forgetting some awesome mention of this somewhere?

Beta

• Ace Runner
  • SR1 player, SR5 GM@FtF & player@PbP
« Reply #1 on: <01-25-16/1037:35> »
DT updated the grid subscriptions portions of lifestyles.

50 ended up being for a local grid (better than the public grid). (comes included in middle and higher lifestyles)

250Y was for a "global grid"  I think that means 'a' global grid, as in one of the big 10, but I'm not entirely sure.  The section does say that lifestyles high and luxury include 'a global grid' but for 250Y/month  you get 'global grid.'  (Perhaps if I read more of the fluff bits this would be clearer to me, but I admit I use rule books mostly as reference sources, just trying to look up specific rules or pieces of info.)

&#24525;

« Reply #2 on: <01-25-16/2104:14> »
Do you have a page number to go with that? ;)

Marcus Gideon

• Omae
  • Certainly not a Technomancer...
« Reply #3 on: <01-25-16/2149:08> »
Do you have a page number to go with that? ;)
I'd like to know too, cus I just used the Decker's favorite tool... PDF + Ctrl F ... and I'm not seeing anything in Data Fails about pricing for Grid subs.
The Matrix is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it when you look out your window or when you turn on your television. You can feel it when you go to work…when you go to church…when you pay your taxes.

Duellist_D

• Chummer
« Reply #4 on: <01-26-16/0732:38> »
Beta is correct on the rules, but wrong on the book.
The updates on lifestyles&Grids are in Hard Targets, Page 140.

Beta

• Ace Runner
  • SR1 player, SR5 GM@FtF & player@PbP
« Reply #5 on: <01-26-16/0739:11> »
Sorry!

&#24525;

« Reply #6 on: <01-26-16/1725:10> »
Good catch. Thank you for that.

What about prepaid commlinks from Run Faster?

Herr Brackhaus

• Prime Runner
« Reply #7 on: <01-26-16/1838:50> »
No official rules exists for the prepaid commlinks from Run Faster that I'm aware of.