NEWS

Chummer for 5th Edition

• 1235 Replies

Iron Serpent Prince

• Omae
« Reply #1215 on: <03-29-19/1815:43> »
Is there a way to make a custom gear list to import to a character? Like make a standard set of gear to import to a created character (gear/armor/weapons). Rather then have to meticulously gear up each NPC/PC.

You can make a custom PACK.

Just in case there are differences, I am using 5.205.18.

Under "Special" (top menu bar) > "Create PACKS Kit."

Afterwards, you would use the same menu and select "Add PACKS Kit."

You may want to make a "throw away" character to mess around with it.

kainite311

• Chummer
  • PC's are just murder hobo's...
« Reply #1216 on: <03-29-19/1928:08> »

Hmm must be the Version. I am using 5.205.0. Don't have that option under "special".  Will have to look at the nightly builds I guess. Thank you

**EDIT** Hmmm downloaded the same nightly as you,still don't get that option under special. Just to make sure I am doing same thing, I have the gear tab selected, then go up to 'special' and only see (is there somewhere in options I need to flag/checkbox?):
add cybersuite
convert to zombie
reduce attribute
possess/inhabit
re-apply improvements
clone
« Last Edit: <03-29-19/1937:52> by kainite311 »
Kainite
Actually, in most Shadowrun games, they typically have a Lifestyle so they're either Murder Hobos (Street/Squatter Level) or Murder Renters (Low+ level)

The Dread Polack

• Newb
« Reply #1217 on: <03-30-19/0304:55> »
I'm using v 5.205.0.

I'm creating a human ghoul. It's augmenting Charisma and logic 1 point lower. I don't see any rules that say ghouls lose any mental attribute points at character creation, unless I'm missing something.

Nevermind. I found it. Somehow I read the Ghoul entry, like, 10 times and missed the penalties listed.

kainite311

• Chummer
« Reply #1218 on: <03-30-19/1302:31> »

Hmm must be the Version. I am using 5.205.0. Don't have that option under "special".  Will have to look at the nightly builds I guess. Thank you

**EDIT** Hmmm downloaded the same nightly as you,still don't get that option under special. Just to make sure I am doing same thing, I have the gear tab selected, then go up to 'special' and only see (is there somewhere in options I need to flag/checkbox?):
add cybersuite
convert to zombie
reduce attribute
possess/inhabit
re-apply improvements
clone

Figured it out... have to do it in create mode, was trying to do it from created character. Thank you
Kainite
Actually, in most Shadowrun games, they typically have a Lifestyle so they're either Murder Hobos (Street/Squatter Level) or Murder Renters (Low+ level)

kainite311

• Chummer
« Reply #1219 on: <03-30-19/1917:12> »
Browning Ghost light pistol lists -3 conceal in Street Lethal, chummer gives it a -2 in release build 5.205.0
Kainite

Ghost Rigger

• Omae
« Reply #1220 on: <04-01-19/0837:27> »
Can't cite my sources on this one, but I have been informed that there will be an April Fool's update that will introduce something as annoying as that talking paper clip from Microsoft Word. It will offer "helpful hints" such as "it looks like you're making a street samurai, don't you need a code of honor?" and "you have enough money to buy a permanent Low lifestyle, are you sure you don't want to retire?"
« Last Edit: <04-01-19/0847:43> by Ghost Rigger »
After all you don't send an electrician to fix your leaking toilet.

A Guide to Gridguide

Chummer 5 is Alive

• Omae
« Reply #1221 on: <04-01-19/0911:14> »
A vile lie, I'm sure! Decidedly not something I would welcome people adding to by reviewing the content of data\tips.xml, CERTAINLY not something that I would allow people to disable by unchecking the 'Enable Easter Eggs' checkbox in Global Options!

@kainite: Chummer generally treats weapon stat blocks as only existing in their 'ready to fire' state. As the extra concealability of the Ghost can't be used when it can be fired, we default back to the standard.
@kyoto kid: Can't replicate it in 5.205, I don't recall fixing it recently though.

kainite311

• Chummer
« Reply #1222 on: <04-01-19/1302:50> »
A vile lie, I'm sure! Decidedly not something I would welcome people adding to by reviewing the content of data\tips.xml, CERTAINLY not something that I would allow people to disable by unchecking the 'Enable Easter Eggs' checkbox in Global Options!

@kainite: Chummer generally treats weapon stat blocks as only existing in their 'ready to fire' state. As the extra concealability of the Ghost can't be used when it can be fired, we default back to the standard.
@kyoto kid: Can't replicate it in 5.205, I don't recall fixing it recently though.

Thank you, I did not know or even think about that!
Kainite

kyoto kid

• Omae
  • Bushido Cowgirl
« Reply #1223 on: <04-01-19/1725:48> »

...unfortunately I can only send one attachment at a time as each are around 200 MB and the maximum total for all attachments is 256 MB

This first one shows that there is no FBA helmet listed in the standard Armour selection after the suit was purchased.

« Last Edit: <04-01-19/1728:16> by kyoto kid »
Forsaken daughter is watching you

kyoto kid

• Omae
  • Bushido Cowgirl
« Reply #1224 on: <04-01-19/1726:46> »
...here is the second one that shows the FBA helmet only appearing as an Armour Mod.

kyoto kid

• Omae
  • Bushido Cowgirl
« Reply #1225 on: <04-01-19/1727:31> »
...and here is the third one which shows the error message when I try to apply a mod to the helmet alone.

Chummer 5 is Alive

• Omae
« Reply #1226 on: <04-01-19/1914:08> »
Oh, I see the problem. The Add Armor button and its dropdowns don't update properly; right-click on the helmet and select Add As Plugin.

kyoto kid

• Omae
  • Bushido Cowgirl
« Reply #1227 on: <04-11-19/2052:46> »
...thank you, that works.

Dangermaus

• Newb
« Reply #1228 on: <04-27-19/2042:05> »
Tonight I downloaded Chummer 5.205.0 from the github repository and was having a problem where, as long as there was a character picture linked to the sheet, it wouldn't print or make a pdf. It was completely blank. Eventually I got a notification from my antivirus that chummer had ransomware and the reason it would not print was because avast was trying to delete the image during the pdf generation. I have attached a screenshot from the avast popup and can reproduce the problem across 3 different computers.

This can be fixed by creating an exception for chummer but I have never had this problem before. Any suggestions or has anyone else had this problem? The problem is not present when the Chummer folder is placed in one of my storage drives.   
« Last Edit: <04-27-19/2150:58> by Dangermaus »

Chummer 5 is Alive

• Omae
« Reply #1229 on: <04-28-19/0355:54> »
Easiest fix would probably be to move the Chummer folder into your C drive or something; it appears to be a specific property of Avast that it doesn't allow us to delete files in your desktop folder. I should probably recode it to point the mugshots it generates into appdata or temp though.