NEWS

New member looking for a game!

• 34 Replies

AJBuwalda

• Chummer
« Reply #15 on: <11-10-10/1755:18> »
What is a "high BC"? I am really interested in the Portland game. The whole smooth criminal thing I can dig ;)
Greetings from the Netherlands, comrade!

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #16 on: <11-10-10/1826:35> »
In the Chicago game I want to make a Danny Trejo type character....street name: Machete.  An Aztlaner bounty hunter who doesn't give a fuck. 

@AjBuwalda:
BC= Background Count.  It makes it harder to use mana because either the region is devoid of mana, or it is teeming with mana, but it's chaotic and unruly mana which is hard to bend to your will.

The Laughing Man

• Newb
« Reply #17 on: <11-11-10/0110:21> »
What's up guys. I'm looking to play a pbp game as well if you guys are starting one. I GM a weekly SR4E game locally, have been for like 3 years now. Unfortunately my players are too lazy to GM SR games of their own so I've never actually gotten to play shadowrun before.  :-\

Not to say I wouldn't mind GM'ing a run or two if it's needed to keep the pace going. I also own almost all of the SR4 books and have a very thorough understanding of the rules and lore.

Are you guys planning to use any online RPG tools or just using forums? I've never used maps before but for an online game it might be fun.

AJBuwalda

• Chummer
« Reply #18 on: <11-11-10/0110:54> »
I've got the feeling I still have alot of reading to do ;D

etherial

• Newb
« Reply #19 on: <11-11-10/1855:40> »
I might be interested in playing a Hacker/Rigger, though it sounds like that might be difficult in the Chicago game.

Kontact

• Prime Runner
  • You called?
« Reply #20 on: <11-11-10/2126:56> »
While most locations in the abandoned parts of Chi-town are full of pre-crash tech, that doesn't mean that getting at that information isn't going to be valuable.  As far as rigging, there are plenty of places in the dark and nasty where you wouldn't want to send a person.  Imagine using a team of skimmers to try and see if a collapsed hallway is passable on the other side of the debris and if there might be access to that hallway from a floor above or below.

Hell, there's even the Toyota MK-Centipede Search and Rescue Walker Drone (from arsenal,) specifically made for stuff like a Chicago ruin creep.

etherial

• Newb
« Reply #21 on: <11-12-10/0331:18> »
Hell, there's even the Toyota MK-Centipede Search and Rescue Walker Drone (from arsenal,) specifically made for stuff like a Chicago ruin creep.

I guess I should look up my tables before I leap. I thought more Drones would be Availability 9/10.

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #22 on: <11-12-10/0444:19> »
Checking responses, it looks like you have five Kontact.  That means I can be six, since the Portland game already has a face, I will offer up a Sammy type, I am thinking someone with some local links, gimme a thumbs up and I will get to work on a sheet and start reading up.

AJBuwalda

• Chummer
« Reply #23 on: <11-12-10/0552:51> »
You know what I might also join that Chicago game. I've already been tweaking a character for the Portland game and really got a feel for it!

joe15552

• Omae
« Reply #24 on: <11-12-10/0931:28> »
I think that your Chicago game idea is probably the most interesting. It seems most of the readers agree. What do we do to start? Does Kontact start a new thread and we start posting characters?

Kontact

• Prime Runner
  • You called?
« Reply #25 on: <11-12-10/1158:50> »
Yep.  I'll go ahead an post the recruitment thread now.  All aboard the bus for Bug City.

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #26 on: <11-12-10/1252:19> »
Dude, this is gonna be like Fallout 3!!!  We gotta scrounge for food and all that.

Kontact

• Prime Runner
  • You called?
« Reply #27 on: <11-12-10/1353:11> »
Well, more like scrounging for a missing Matisse, but it will be similar. :)

Vashal

• Newb
« Reply #28 on: <11-12-10/2321:48> »
Hello there. I'm a new member as well...I actually found this site (and this particular thread) while searching for a game to join. I've never actually played before, but I am quite interested in both the game and the setting. Would you have room for a newbie in your game? If so, I'd be interested in participating.

AJBuwalda

• Chummer
« Reply #29 on: <11-13-10/0740:04> »
Well, more like scrounging for a missing Matisse, but it will be similar. :)
And I think you could make an underground vault work as well  8)