NEWS

Remember Me

• 7 Replies

mtfeeney = Baron

• Ace Runner
  • I love crunchy numbers
« on: <06-06-13/0110:20> »
Neat game.  The story is very interesting, very Shadowrunesque.
Remember, you don't have to kill the vehicle to stop it, just kill the guy driving it.

Razhul

• Omae
« Reply #1 on: <06-06-13/1319:18> »
I was concerned by rather mediocre review scores and the comment that combat was almost too prevalent vs. not enough actual memory hacking :S

Critias

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
  • Company Elf
« Reply #2 on: <06-06-13/1444:46> »
I was psyched for this game like six months ago, but the closer it got to release -- and the more details I'm hearing -- the less interested I am.  I want to support it (because I think it's bullshit that they had to shop around like they did, just because the video game industry didn't want to support a release with a female lead) on one level, but the game just doesn't sound that great to me, to justify a $60 purchase.  A buddy on another forum finished it in like 7 hours, described it as too linear to allow much replay value, there's only four (!!) instance of the memory remixing in the whole game...and it's like every new post about it just deflated my interest a little more.

mtfeeney = Baron

• Ace Runner
  • I love crunchy numbers
« Reply #3 on: <06-06-13/2307:27> »
As with anything else, it helps to go in without expectations. I hadn't heard anything about this game before, so my view of it was untainted. The combo system for fighting is fun, the fights aren't too frequent or infrequent, and I have no idea how someone would beat the game in 7 hours. If he did that, then he was rousing through the game and it explains why he didn't enjoy it.

That being said, it's not like I'm saying this is the greatest game ever. It is fun, though, and the story is captivating.
Remember, you don't have to kill the vehicle to stop it, just kill the guy driving it.

Novocrane

• Ace Runner
« Reply #4 on: <06-10-13/0631:43> »
I'm enjoying it. It has a certain Metal Gear Solid over-emphasised characterisation feel, if that makes sense. More PM than BT.

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #5 on: <06-10-13/0950:42> »
Will likely pick this up later this summer on the Steam sale, along w/ Watch Dogs and RE Revelations. I have a huge queue of game to get through...sigh... ;D

Angelone

• Ace Runner
  • A decent perfection
« Reply #6 on: <06-10-13/1630:49> »
Does anyone else have a problem with the game freezing? I love the gameplay but can only play a few minutes at a time with a pretty beastly computer.
REJOICE! For bad things are about to happen.
la vida no vale nada

mtfeeney = Baron

• Ace Runner
  • I love crunchy numbers
« Reply #7 on: <06-10-13/1926:42> »
That's the first I've heard of it. It's played flawlessly for me. I have a i7-2600k, Asus p8z68 mobo, 8gb of 1600mhz corsair RAM, a C300 ssd, and 2 gtx480 cards SLI'd together.  The only problem I've seen is that in cut scenes, the actors shake a little.