NEWS

Rigger 5 Errata

• 357 Replies

tequila

• Chummer
« Reply #240 on: <04-07-16/1423:43> »
Horizon-Doble Revolution, p42 - the text mentions optional sidecars but doesn't list a cost or give a page reference to Increased Seating on p164; the text also mentions "Lounge option offers a secondary bit of safety in the form of an optional canopy and seat belt system." but doesn't specify any crunch related to the seat belt (PSS?) or the canopy.
#thistasergoesto11

Quote from: Tarislar
ArmTech MGL-12: Nothing says love like a 3 round burst of HE Grenade to hit something for 32P
Nuff said.  :-X

welldressedgent

• Chummer
« Reply #241 on: <04-09-16/2133:48> »

Minotaur is missing entirely from page 53.
wdg

PiXeL01

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
  • Sheltering Orks in Osaka
« Reply #242 on: <04-10-16/0318:03> »

Minotaur is missing entirely from page 53.

The Minotaur is mentioned in a comment  on p. 72 with a stat box in p. 73 so the reference in the back should refer here instead.
If Tom Brady’s a Spike Baby, what does that make Brees and Rodgers?

Ruffio

• Omae
« Reply #243 on: <04-11-16/1053:02> »
Maybe I'm missing something here, but on p. 174 under "Vehicle Actions" it says that "each vehicle action describes the threshold, along with the modifiers added".

However, with each and every vehicle test on the following pages, there are only mentioned the modifiers (mostly terrain and speed). The threshold itself (according to the table in the core book, p. 199) is completely left out.

Cheers
Ruffio

the thresholds are there listed in brackets ( threshold) .  for example the threshold for pulling a bootlegger turn is the terrain modifier plus the speed of the target vehicle  while the threshold for catch up/break away is equal to the terrain modifier plus the difference in speed between the acting vehicle and the target vehicle

I know that. However, p. 173 says that terrain and speed are used as modifiers to the actual threshold (which is between 1 and 4 according to the table in SR5, p. 199), so it makes no sense that they are the only constituents of the thresholds as given in all the new vehicle actions.
The way it is now, maneuvers like Crazy Ivan, Cut Off, or PIT would have a threshold of 0 in Open terrain, making it feasible for any unexperienced driver …

Cheers
Ruffio

Fabe

• Omae
« Reply #244 on: <04-11-16/2000:27> »
The way I'm reading the rules terrain/speed are not used as modifiers to the threshold but used as the actual threshold .

bull30548

• Newb
« Reply #245 on: <04-20-16/0108:32> »
Quick Question: Retrans Unit is in vehicle modifications but is actually says drones in the text description and example.  Does this mean a Retrans Unit can be installed on drones or in this case when they say drone they mean remote piloted full size vehicles?

Thanks.
GM Guy
Catalyst Game Labs Agent

RiggerBob

• Chummer
« Reply #246 on: <04-20-16/1748:11> »
The vehicle modification rules are meant for all vehicles. The drone modification chapter has optional rules for easier (sort of^^) drone modification...

So i see no problems using modifications from the vehicle mod chapter with drones. (Not even when using the drone modification rules, but that may not be 100% RAW).

Btw... If i remember correctly, the newest Missions FAQ has a complete list of vehicle modifications allowed in drones.

Banshee

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #247 on: <04-22-16/1112:48> »
The vehicle modification rules are meant for all vehicles. The drone modification chapter has optional rules for easier (sort of^^) drone modification...

So i see no problems using modifications from the vehicle mod chapter with drones. (Not even when using the drone modification rules, but that may not be 100% RAW).

Btw... If i remember correctly, the newest Missions FAQ has a complete list of vehicle modifications allowed in drones.

yes, we decided to use the drone modification chapter for Missions so we spent some time and effort on clarifying how the two chapters work together ... at least how we see it anyway
Robert "Banshee" Volbrecht
Freelancer & FAQ Committee member
Former RPG Lead Agent
Catalyst Demo Team

Sphinx

• Errata Team
  • Omae
« Reply #248 on: <04-28-16/1834:14> »
Page 3, change “SAAB” to “Saab”
Page 5, change “Derek” to “drek”
Page 6, change “.029” to “0.029”
Page 7, change “near-do-wells” to “ne’er-do-wells”
Page 8, change “Anderson’s” to “Andersons’”
Page 8, capitalize “Sikorsky-Bell Microskimmer” and “Horizon Flying Eye”
Page 9, change “break” to “brake”
Page 11, change “2.7 million” to “five million”
Page 13, change “which side of the bracelet your on” to “which side of the bracelet you’re on”
Page 13, change “Mariah’s” to “Mariahs”
Page 13, change “a Osprey” to “an Osprey”
Page 14, change “sixth generation” to “fifth generation”
Page 14, change “feel like your sittin’” to “feel like you’re sittin’”
Page 15, change “Probably.” to “Probably not.”
Page 15, hyphenate “jack-of-all-trades”
Page 15, change “extract” to “extraction”
Page 17, change “data steal” (two words) to “datasteal” (one word)
Page 18, hyphenate “up-to-date”
Page 18, hyphenate “Stick-n-Shock” (p. 434, SR5)
Page 19, change “is available” to “are available”
Page 20, change “opulence to share” to “opulence to spare
Page 20, change “This categories” to “This category
Page 21, change “DaVinci” to “da Vinci” or “Leonardo da Vinci”
Page 22, change “remark” to “remarkable”
Page 22, hyphenate “lighter-than-air”
Page 25, change “andmake” to “and make” (insert space)
Page 33, change “allure or discarded” to “allure of discarded”
Page 33, change “trip studio” to “trid studio”
Page 37, change “the doors open,” to “the doors opened,”
Page 37, change “which one stray bullet” to “with one stray bullet”
Page 52, hyphenate “flip-up” and “rear-facing”
Page 78, change “further and further” to “farther and farther”
Page 80, change “moments notice” to “moment’s notice”
Page 80, hyphenate “one-way”
Page 87, change “out their” to “out there
Page 89, change “owners” to “owner’s” (possessive) … three times
Page 89, change “the boats engines” to “the boat’s engines”
Page 89 change “one up” and “out do” to “one-up” and “outdo”
Page 103, hyphenate “cat-and-mouse”
Page 103, change “carries” to “carrying”
Page 104, remove the space from “DangerSensei” (again on page 107)
Page 107, change “a elf” to “an elf”
Page 114, change “wrapped” to “rapped”
Page 114, hyphenate “Stick-n-Shock”
Page 151, change “obscured” to “obscurity”
Page 151, change “[Logic]” to “[Mental]” … twice here, again on p. 152, 153, 159, 163
Page 151, change “determines” to “determine”
Page 152, change “are assumed to be not be reusable” to “are not reusable”
Page 152, change “her team” to “his team” (Rigger X is a man … p. 54, Street Legends)
Page 152, change “can be command” to “can be commanded”
Page 153, change “a Automotive” to “an Automotive”
Page 153, change “affect” to “effect”
Page 156, change “maybe your always sitting” to “maybe you’re always sitting”
Page 157, change “highly maneuverability” to “highly maneuverable”
Page 163, change “awant” to “want”
Page 163, change “[Intuition]” to “[Mental]” … twice
Page 163, change “The apply” to “Then apply”
Page 164, change “annoying or, in the back” to “annoying ork in the back”
Page 164, change “no riggers likes” to “no rigger likes” or “no riggers like
Page 164, change “extra think people” to just “extra people”
Page 165, change “snowaremoval” to “snow-removal”
Page 166, change “GridGuidesystem” to “GridGuide system” (insert space)
Page 168, Retrans example doesn’t add up; make distances consistent with Noise table on p. 231, SR5
Page 168, change “massed produced” to “mass-produced”
Page 168, change “determining” to “determines” and “extensiveness” to “extent”
Page 170, change “theses images” to “these images”

KarmaInferno

• Ace Runner
  • Armor Stacking Cheese Monkey
« Reply #249 on: <05-06-16/1100:15> »
The anthro drones don't seem to have a size category assigned.

Based on other books, most should probably be Large with the exception of those noted to be smaller like the Little Buddy.

-k

Hobbes

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #250 on: <05-08-16/2224:45> »
I don't think that this will show correctly, as I don't know how to format forumcode to show tabs like a document. Hrm. Let's try this button here...

MICRO DRONE      HANDL   SPEED   ACCEL   BODY   ARMOR   PILOT   SEN   AVAIL   COST
Shiawase Kanmushi      4              0G       0              0               0              2             3              8           1000$
S-B Microskimmer      3       1R       1              0                0              2              2             6        1000$

Going through all 17 pages slowly, but I didn't see the answer, is it safe to guess the 0 Body is 0 Mod points?  0 (0) ?

I like my little spider drones, and Missions rules say they can have a max realistic feature of 4, but it seems that means taking a - 1 to each stat with a number.... and unless I can take a -1 Availability I'm still short.

SichoPhiend

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Chummer
« Reply #251 on: <05-09-16/2104:25> »
I don't think that this will show correctly, as I don't know how to format forumcode to show tabs like a document. Hrm. Let's try this button here...

MICRO DRONE      HANDL   SPEED   ACCEL   BODY   ARMOR   PILOT   SEN   AVAIL   COST
Shiawase Kanmushi      4              0G       0              0               0              2             3              8           1000$
S-B Microskimmer      3       1R       1              0                0              2              2             6        1000$

Going through all 17 pages slowly, but I didn't see the answer, is it safe to guess the 0 Body is 0 Mod points?  0 (0) ?

I like my little spider drones, and Missions rules say they can have a max realistic feature of 4, but it seems that means taking a - 1 to each stat with a number.... and unless I can take a -1 Availability I'm still short.

Yes a BOD of 0 would mean 0 MOD points, but I was just looking things over and unless I missed something (And please point out if I did) Realistic features does not have a MOD point cost, at least, I see no such cost is listed.
A wise man once said that with increased intelligence comes the increased capacity to feel pain.
Therefore, if ignorance is bliss, enlightenment must be pure hell.

Wakshaani

• Ace Runner
« Reply #252 on: <05-10-16/1022:31> »
The anthro drones don't seem to have a size category assigned.

Based on other books, most should probably be Large with the exception of those noted to be smaller like the Little Buddy.

-k

D'oh! They DON'T have a size listed, do they?

I'd need to grab my notes, but the Little Buddy should be Small, the Juan, iDoll, and Secretary should be Medium (The sec is human-sized, just much heavier than you'd expect), with the construction bot being Large. The Juggernaught would fall into Huge, if only just. It's right on the cutting edge between "A really big large and a really small Huge", and I tend to default to the latter.)

Wakshaani

• Ace Runner
« Reply #253 on: <05-10-16/1024:09> »

It should be a 0 (0) Body yes, so troubled to modify.

As a side-note, remember that while you get a point for lowering *A* stat, if you lower more stats, you don't get more points! You can only get +1 no matter how much worse you make the drone. That was very much by design.

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #254 on: <05-10-16/1038:57> »
D'oh! They DON'T have a size listed, do they?

I'd need to grab my notes, but the Little Buddy should be Small, the Juan, iDoll, and Secretary should be Medium (The sec is human-sized, just much heavier than you'd expect), with the construction bot being Large. The Juggernaught would fall into Huge, if only just. It's right on the cutting edge between "A really big large and a really small Huge", and I tend to default to the latter.)

I think in this cases you'd do better by assigning them metatype sizes:

Little Buddy, Bust-A-Move: Gnome/Pixie
iDoll, Juan, Secretary, Duellist, etc.: Human/Elf
Kenchiku-Kikai/Sparring Drone: Ork
Juggernaught: Troll/Minotaur

Makes it easier especially in regard to the Realistic Features
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex