NEWS

Run Faster Errata

• 288 Replies

PiXeL01

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
  • Sheltering Orks in Osaka
« on: <12-18-14/2302:09> »
Basic Cyberdeck Programs Pack p. 248 - table contains same information as the Advanced Decker Pack
If Tom Brady’s a Spike Baby, what does that make Brees and Rodgers?

jim1701

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1 on: <12-19-14/1606:27> »
On page 105 the Pixie is described as having the Vanishing ability but there is no description for this ability anywhere in the book that I can find. 

MijRai

• Ace Runner
  • Kane's Understudy
« Reply #2 on: <12-19-14/1623:00> »
College Education and Inspired both first appeared in Sail Away, Sweet Sister; the Run Faster versions are different (better, as well).  Not sure which is correct. 
Would you want to go into a place where the resident had a drum-fed shotgun and can see in the dark?

Patrick Goodman

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
  • Fixing the fixless since 2016
« Reply #3 on: <12-19-14/1630:13> »
Run Faster. SASS specifically says that those are place-holders and would be superseded by upcoming products.
Former Shadowrun Errata Coordinator

DeathStrobe

• Omae
  • Front Range Free Decker
« Reply #4 on: <12-19-14/2306:34> »
The Investigative Reporter on 163, her living persona stats are wrong. Attack, Data Processing, and Sleaze should all be at 4. Since that is what her log, int, and cha are at.

Slow_Joe

• Newb
« Reply #5 on: <12-19-14/2331:17> »
p. 121: Neoteny should not be modified by "freaks" because the character looks like a normal child / tween and uses the rules under Neoteny for social situations.

p. 111 - 122: The following should (logically, when compared to "feathers") be modified by "freaks": 360 Degree Eyesight, Animal Pelage, Bone Spikes, Claws, Dermal Alteration, Dermal Deposits, Elongated Limbs, Fangs, Frog Tongue, Functional Tail, Goring Horns, Greasy Skin, Monkey Paws, Photo-metabolism, Thorns, Webbed Digits, Striking Skin Pigmentation, and Unusual Hair.

p. 135: Banshee is based on an elf, so it should have a min Charisma of 3 in the table to match with what was done with other infected.

p. ???: General rules clarification request: Character build with Sum to 10: 4: Human(9) + 4: Magic(6) + Nosferatu = Max Essence of 18, therefore beginning permanent Magic of up to 15?  Similar question with other variable-essence characters.

UPDATE: Additional Errata: 12/20/14

p. 103: "Creating a Changling":

a) The 1st paragraph, 3rd sentence states the Surge Class "indicates the karma limit".  The 4th sentence states selecting the Surge Class "determine the actual Karma cost of this variation".  It is unclear whether this is saying the same thing, and in any case, there is only one (## Karma) next to each Surge Class in sentence 2.  At the end of this paragraph, it states that the cap on the positive qualities for Class 1 is 30, which apparently contradicts the 2nd and 4th sentences, where it's capped out at 10.  If this is the actual cap, then no cap is given for Surge Classes 2 and 3.  The example to the right implies that the Surge Class must be bought with free character karma per the (## Karma) next to the Surge Class in sentence 2, then all positive metagenic qualities are paid for with negative metagenic qualities.  However, the first paragraph under "Positive Metagenic Qualities" on p. 111 states "Depending upon the class of SURGE picked when choosing to be a changeling, characters get a balance of metagenic Karma to use in selecting these qualities and balancing them with Negative Metagenic Qualities" which implies that the (## Karma) next to each Surge Class is the "balance" cap.  The first paragraph under "Negative Metagenic Qualities" on p. 119 appears to support this with "These qualities are the price for those cool advantages of the Positive Metagenic Qualities", implying that there is no other price in free karma for Surge.

b) The remainder of the 1st paragraph on p.103  discusses rolling randomly to find out one or both sides of the +/- qualities, but then the next paragraph states that the two totals must match or have a net cost of 1 from the character's free karma pool.  This is almost impossible to affect because the random rolls will result in sums that don't match within this tight of a bracket.

c) The last paragraph of p. 103 then throws down guidelines describing Surge Classes vs. categories of metagenic traits, though these metagenic categories aren't then associated to the actual metagenic qualities in the tables or descriptions of said qualities.  The fluff descriptions of the Surge Classes on p.101 also don't supply actual lists for said categories.

p. 111: Table title should be "6 to 15 Karma" not "3 to 5 Karma" as in the previous table on p. 110.
« Last Edit: <12-20-14/2200:18> by Slow_Joe »

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #6 on: <12-20-14/1028:48> »
Life Modules contains Enemy for Street Kids, and as such in the sample module character. However, this quality was dropped from Run Faster and no longer exists.
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

callmedinosaur

• Newb
« Reply #7 on: <12-20-14/1649:09> »
since someone else mentioned it already:
the omission of regeneration in relation to shapeshifters
rawr rawr

ikarinokami

• Chummer
« Reply #8 on: <12-21-14/0027:37> »
the vanishing for pixie, is concealment self only, it's listed on the metavariant table

DeathStrobe

• Omae
« Reply #9 on: <12-21-14/0044:06> »
p249 - Basic Cyberware Program Pack - it has the same info as Advance Decker Pack, which is not software.

Kiirnodel

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #10 on: <12-21-14/0114:17> »
the vanishing for pixie, is concealment self only, it's listed on the metavariant table

And listed immediately after that is the power "vanishing"

In the Aetherology eBook, there is a Vanishing power, (and Shift). However, in SR4 the Pixie's "vanish" power was actually a weakness (and yes, there was also a vanishing power in SR4; so it was a distinct thing that Pixies had a drawback version of that ability)

DeathStrobe

• Omae
« Reply #11 on: <12-22-14/0147:21> »
p135 and p138 – infected table and ghoul description on p138, the charisma values don't match.

Patrick Goodman

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
  • Fixing the fixless since 2016
« Reply #12 on: <12-22-14/1213:01> »
Could you clarify that, DeathStrobe? I'm not at the top of my game right now, and I'm also not where I can get to the book to try and dope it out at the moment.

I'll go over the tables and such this weekend to make sure everything is in order (I thought I'd caught all the problems in that table, but I appear to have possibly missed a couple things) and try to recall my thought process as I find discrepancies.
Former Shadowrun Errata Coordinator

DeathStrobe

• Omae
« Reply #13 on: <12-22-14/1223:40> »
No problem.

on p138

Gained Weaknesses: Allergy (Sunlight, Moderate), Dietary Requirement (Metahuman Flesh), Reduced Senses (Blind), –1 Logic, –1 Charisma

So here it says ghouls have -1 Charisma.

But the table on p135 lists all the metatypes having -2 Charisma. Example human ghoul here

Ghoul (Human) Bod 1/10 Agi 1/6 Rea 1/8 Str 1/9 Wil 1/8 Log 1/5 Int 1/7 Cha 1/4

So a normal starting human's max is 6. With a -2 Cha it'd be at 4, like it is on the table. But the Weaknesses of the ghouls says its only a -1, so a Human Ghoul's max cha should be 5 (6-1). So either the table is wrong, or the weakness is wrong. I'm looking at ghoul stats and they look amazing, so I'm thinking they should be a bit less charismatic. So I'd think the table should be right, but that's me.

jim1701

• Ace Runner
« Reply #14 on: <12-22-14/1427:57> »
((I'm reading that differently than you are, DeathStrobe.  On pg. 135 it adjusts your min/max but that does not necessarily change your charisma value.  A human with a 3 Charisma would not lose anything to the adjustment of the min/max value as it still lies within the allowed range.  They would still lose the -1 for being a ghoul as cited on pg. 138.  An elf, OTOH would lose -3 by my reading since the adjustment to the min/max score would affect their Charisma score as well as the penalty on pg. 138. ))