NEWS

Bye, Bye Blackbird IC

• 187 Replies

ismilealot

• Ace Runner
« Reply #135 on: <05-12-17/0150:25> »
As Yelena studies a simple public transit map for an idea of the layout she can only hazard a few guesses as to where she would hide. She needs the feeds from Arc's drones. But, even traveling as the crow flies it will take time to have them in place. Hopefully it is enough time to let her infiltrate the area.
Thought      Speech     Astral     Matrix/com       Mentor/Spirit     other lang.

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #136 on: <05-12-17/0655:54> »
As soon as everybody was in the car and Na'Nele had got the destination, she gave it to the driver so they could go.  Everything else could be arranged in the car while it moved.
"I am indeed magically active," she said to Yelena, "It saved my family from starvation.  But I don't sling mojo, I'm an adept, or so they called it.  And I always expect trouble.  The moment you don't, that's the moment when the ekyelebenles come slithering out of the jungle."
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"

Csjarrat

• Prime Runner
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #137 on: <05-12-17/1209:51> »
@marco
yeah, that works for me. Let's sort the deets another time and just get this job done so we can make the sailing
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor

Qwikfix

« Reply #138 on: <05-12-17/1258:46> »
Arc nodded, making way for the dwarven coyote as she quelled a turning of her stomach, focusing herself for the job at hand.  "After yeh."  Nodding, she helped Marco and Yelena in before hopping up, shutting the door and resuming her seat, the drones continuing their path to the destination as the limo started to move.

The mechanic listened intently to the conversations, her memory piquing at what Blackbird said about using magic in this sense...and how risky it could be.  Means we need some Matrix support...I use it, but I am not a shark in the trix...ah...  She opened her mouth, turning to look at Jed...but seeing his eyes closed, she remembered he was currently scouting the place in the astral.  No good, not enough time...I wonder if....no.  Firefly said she was in trouble.  I ain't gonna ping her directly, especially if the Yak knows I paid her debt off.  Great...

Visibly slumping back on the chair, the tusked girl covered her eyes in frustration, wracking her brain...and when she let her arms fall again, she tilted her head, looking curiously dead ahead.  I wonder...

Rebooting her link to clean it, she pulled up her contacts until she found the one she wanted, recalling her street slang codewords to be on the safe side.

<<@Chesh{Arc}:  Hoi.  I'd exchange pleasantries, but you're likely busy and I'm on a time crunch.  So I'll get to the point.  You have an accountant, yes?  I'm in need of some long range consultation if so.  My next scrap piece is yours free o charge for this, I think that's fair, yeah?  Hmu>>

ismilealot

• Ace Runner
« Reply #139 on: <05-12-17/1319:11> »
Chesh was helping Daisy with her homework when Arc's message came in and as she scanned it she immediately knew Arc was in deep trouble. Calling up the Flotter tutorial to help Daisy she contacted Snap. >>Yo, you up for a paying job? Those what we helped a month back are looking for an accountant right now. Willing to pay double the usual price. Don't let the money fool you into a quick yes. That lot attracts lightning like a rod and those sorts of jobs can leave a mark on you.<< The girl had proven herself more than capable of handling trouble. She'd earned the respect of being offered the job. But, part of Chesh really wished she wouldn't take it, The Smiley Face Savior's, as the press had dubbed them, weren't the only ones that attracted trouble, 'Lil, no Snap, attracted plenty of her own.
Thought      Speech     Astral     Matrix/com       Mentor/Spirit     other lang.

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #140 on: <05-12-17/1448:33> »
Marco said "Agreed, they'll be plenty of time to conjure something in the ship. You'll find out that I am quite passionate about the whole process.  You too Na'Nele, we'll figure something out in the meanwhile we need to delay my colleague, and we better go mundane. The man will be hyper aware to magic, but likely has little awareness to technology. After all they feel that is a distraction in the way to 'awakening'", Marco said.

His eyes were jumping from someone to another and he was thinking out loudly.  " We need some matrix magc,  tackle the man on his weak bases...  If only Firefly could come with us...
Well I bet that Shadow dancer can help - but do I really want to ask him to do something illegal? Knowing who he really work for? might be wise to let them break their own rules.... Besides we need to stand on our feet can't be clingy. "
He sighed frustrated.

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #141 on: <05-13-17/2339:08> »
Yelena sits in the back of the limo and waits for Arc's little eyes to get into position to report what they see.  She realizes that there may be little time to make it all happen and wants to be as ready as possible.  She pulls her case onto the seat next to her and enters the codes to open the latches, lifting the lid and exposing the resting place for her weapons.  Yelena runs a hand lovingly across the wood and metal of the various components of her sniper rifle then takes them out, assembling the weapon in a series of competent and efficient moves that waste no energy or motion.  Once the rifle is complete, she takes out several clips of ammunition and carefully inspects each one, removing all the rounds and looking at them again before reloading the clips, which she stores away in various pockets of the coat she is wearing.  Done, she closes the case and resets the code to open it before placing it on the floor at her feet.

She looks over at Blackbird and smiles. "Yelena ready.  If not much time, car drop Yelena off near hide and Yelena go there while car take Blackbird and others to meeting."  She looks at the coyotes.  "Yelena know coyote job to get us to transportation but have any experience spotting for sniper?  Yelena can do but extra eyes might help."
« Last Edit: <05-14-17/0247:51> by Mercy Merchant »
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

Csjarrat

• Prime Runner
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #142 on: <05-14-17/0238:55> »
I know my way around a hunting rifle, I guide for parties up in the tatras. I don't mind helping you with that.
She grabbed her kit from the smuggling compartment and stuck the heavy revolver in its holster, donned her focus and generally 'made ready', mentally cursing herself for packing light
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #143 on: <05-14-17/0256:22> »
Yelena smiles at Lena.  "Thank you.  Which side?  Poland or Slovakia.  Yelena go Slovakian side once.  Was many years ago....maybe twenty?  Yelena working in Europe then.  Very pretty place.  Yelena was hunting, too."

ismilealot

• Ace Runner
« Reply #144 on: <05-14-17/1153:20> »
They drive. The traffic on the roads is heavy and they are competing with many vehicles all trying to make the best time to their destination. Pulling up a simple maps program of the area They see that the airstrip is small. And on the private estate of a clothing manufacturer. From the air the area is fairly open with the airstrip being well away from the pool and tennis courts. It was situated well away from the city and finding an ideal sniper position was going to be difficult given the terrain. Arc's flyspies were already starting to show the area leading to the airstrip. It consisted mostly of bare underbrush and trees blanketed by snow.

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #145 on: <05-14-17/1205:54> »
"Then you do that," Na'Nele said to Lena, "I'm better close up.  I'm used to going in jungles and there you don't have those long ranges."

She looked at the others.
"Where do you want me," she asked, "I can do both ranged as melee combat if needed and I brought the tools for both."
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #146 on: <05-14-17/1423:29> »
Yelena looks at the feeds coming in and grimaces slightly at the lack of any really good hide for her purposes.  She mentally factors in estimated ranges then looks over at Arc.  "Srui, Yelena send three locations for eye to look.  Yelena want to use this tree so need check out other sites to see if anyone hiding there.  Is long way from target so will need good shot." She looks over at the two coyotes. "Na'Nele, Yelena and Lena leave car at location I am sending now.  We go to tree and set up while car goes on.  Can tell driver?  Lena have scope to see?  Or implant?"

Jayde Moon

• Administrator
  • Ace Runner
  • Shadowrun Missions Developer
« Reply #147 on: <05-14-17/1539:47> »
Snap was lying on a car dolly underneath a Ford Americar that had been brought into the shop.  They'd already checked it for any tags and now it was set to bare bones functioning while the gnome tinkered with the ownership codes.  One hand was pressed against the box while her other hand manipulated a small calibration tool.

Yes, turn it slowly, I get it.  Slowly, slower, slow... right, stop nagging...

She couldn't be in Virtual Reality due to the physical requirements of using the tool, but she could still feel the machine sprite in the vehicle's system, decrypting, encoding, and recoding the vehicle's ownership parameters.  It was a secret that she kept from anybody outside of the crew, the how of it, but the shop was known (among other things) for the handy gnome who could reliably turn a hot item into a legitimate one.

The machine sprite did most of the work, Snap just assisted with a few physical pieces.

OK, I'll go slower.  But any slower than that and I won't even be turning it!

She rolled her eyes.  How does something I compiled give me sass?

Just then, a message came through.

>>@Snap: Yo, you up for a paying job? Those what we helped a month back are looking for an accountant right now. Willing to pay double the usual price. Don't let the money fool you into a quick yes. That lot attracts lightning like a rod and those sorts of jobs can leave a mark on you.<<

Snap furrowed her brow.  A month back was... those guys who had practically saved the entire Barrens.  OK, maybe that was a bit of a stretch, but she remembered them, somewhat.  She hadn't been involved in that kerfluffle, but Chesh had been.  They needed help with something else?  And she was the one that could help them?  Interesting.

This could be her ticket forward.  Working with Chesh, Hatter, and the others was a great gig.  But with everything that had happened in the last year, Snap felt she was needed elsewhere.  She felt a calling.  She'd seen first hand the drek that the world always tried to drag Technomancers through and now she wanted to do something about it.  To strike back, to assist others.

But she didn't know where to start.  Maybe this was it.

<<@ Chesh: Is there any other info on it?  What do they need me to do?  When?  Now?  I'm about halfway through this transfer, I can stop but then I'd have to start over.  I mean, I'm interested, really... go ahead and give me their info or have em dial me.>>
That's just like... your opinion, man.

ismilealot

• Ace Runner
« Reply #148 on: <05-14-17/1715:11> »
@ Snap  >>'Ere's the info. But, you watch your front, back, feet, head, middle and everything in between. Mouse's engagement party is in a week and you better be there.<< Chesh bit her lip after she sent Snap the info. Gawds I hope I'm doin' the right thing. she thought to herself. "Mum, if I invert the tangent and use the value of Y to plot the signal will that work?" Daisy's voice interrupted her thoughts. "Humh. What honey? Oh!" She studies the problem. It won't, but it should help her realize that she needs to factor in both variables. "Let's try it honey." She tells Daisy and tells herself sternly to focus on the job she loves best. Being Daisy's mum. Still, she can't help but spend a bit of motherly worry on Snap.

Jayde Moon

• Administrator
  • Ace Runner
  • Shadowrun Missions Developer
« Reply #149 on: <05-14-17/2152:20> »
<<@ Chesh: Right, got it.>>

Snap checked the message.  All it contained was a commcode, nothing about what the 'mission' would entail.  Commcode for 'Arc'.  nothing to do but give it a buzz.

Alright, we're gonna have to take a break on this, come back to it later.

Acknowledged.

Great.  So you're off then.  Into the world with you.

Snap released the sprite into the world.  She didn't really know what happened to them after they went.  She had her suspicions.  GOD did it's best to decompile sprites wherever they were found and they weren't slow about finding them.  But between now and then, the sprite could take some time to... experience?  She wasn't sure.

She input the commcode and sent a quick message.

<<@Arc: Message for Arc, re: request to Chesh for assistance.  This is Snap, I don't know if you remember me, I saw you and your crew before in Carroll's.  The gnome hiding in the back?  Anyhow, told you got something I might be able to help you with and that there might be some payment involved.  Shoot me the deets and I'll see what I can drum up.>>
That's just like... your opinion, man.