NEWS

Bye, Bye Blackbird IC

• 187 Replies

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #45 on: <04-26-17/0125:31> »
Marco replied to Velenkoradi with a mere thought, or emotion a bit of sadness "I will miss you, but I will let you go.". In a way, he thought it was necessary because Velenkoradi knew that Marco could just bind him again and again. Intuitively, Marco understood that that kind of behavior was flawed. Velenkoradi will want to get home... wherever home is. It made Marco both happy and sad.  Happy because Velenkoradi has this place that he wants to go to. Sad, because he himself did not have a home, he was blending perfectly in any culture but had no country he identified with no family and no place he called home. "I am a stranger anywhere in this world. So, I am happy that you have someplace to call home. He tried to explain.

Marco said to Yelena "I am not sure if we can 'fence' a stolen plane. I never tried to get rid of such a large object. I would not count on it though. We may not even be able to activate the darn thing without a decker...
An odd thought then crossed his mind. " I am confident that I can fly a plane, I have a high-quality tutorsoft, I've been listening to - I just never had a plane to practice with. The last time I was in a plane well... I was busy thinking about other things.
Tammie, I haven't thought about her in a while. No, I never thought about her, just about what I wanted from her. I guess I am not that good at letting people in.

He looked at Jed, almost wishing to take a bite himself - "but I haven't trained in awhile I will not overeat like that."
He then said "Well, I am glad that you all are so confident that I'll need just a few minutes with the man. I never tried to steal secrets from a powerful mage before. Heck, the first time I did that spell without consent was with Dana that crazy mage, and even there I just tried to get to know her quickly to understand how her emotions worked.

I am getting carried away, what I am trying to say is that it is too early for a Coyote for me because I do not know where I want to go.
I want to find Lady which the priests hold captive. Maybe she is in Seattle, maybe she is somewhere else - what I am trying to say is that WHERE I want to go depends on what I learn from the man we are after, but you guys have a place to call home. Go there! You owe me nothing, I damaged you all with my lies and deceit. I may join you or I may go somewhere else. I do not need to illegally cross borders. I can do so with commercial airlines. "

« Last Edit: <04-26-17/0131:13> by gilga »

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #46 on: <04-26-17/0210:03> »
Yelena looks at Blackbird and nods. "How long Blackbird think need get secrets from priest?  Come back this place to examine priest mind?  If take long, others can leave and meet Blackbird later.  Yelena need go Sam but stay here and help Blackbird if needed.  Is part right.  Love died with lies and betrayal but mostly when man Yelena trust look at her with disgust for what she is.  But Yelena can still be friend and can help Blackbird with task."
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #47 on: <04-26-17/0706:09> »
Marco said with sadness "You are climbing your way from a moral rock bottom and I am spiraling down from pacifist ideals to violent existence, perhaps you will soon be able to return that favor and look back at me with disgust. 

He is a mage, being one just makes me more educated in how many things may go wrong. Dangerous and unpredictable.
I truly do not know how many times I need to cast the spell before I have what I am looking for, it may be a few moments if I am successful, and several hours if I need to rest from the mental drain. My drugs will only last for several hours so I better be done by the time they run out.  "

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #48 on: <04-26-17/1023:12> »
Yelena laughs softly. "That is Blackbird's major problem.  Yelena not see moral issue with profession so not see self at moral bottom.  Blackbird mouth said love but eyes said other things.  Love should have overcome what Yelena is.  Yelena's love was enough to go back for another try, but then lies and more lies buried that.  Yelena not look Blackbird in disgust.  Just sadness for what might have been.  Yelena's definition of love means respect and trust and Blackbird did not have either for Yelena."  She shrugs sadly.  "But is not important now.  Is in past.  Yelena stay Blackbird until done with priest then go Sam.  Maybe Jed and Arc go with coyotes now and go home.  Yelena can leave here and go to place for Sam to pick up.  Blackbird work out plan for get justice and call so we come help."

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #49 on: <04-26-17/1314:08> »
Marco chuckled "Sadly, you were never worthy of trust, but you are worthy of honesty. You spiraled back into drugs and lost control in numerous occasions. You got into unexplained gunfights and Jesus knows what else. The heart wants what it does, but trust comes from mind. You are just not a trustworthy person. I like you never the less - oh and I do not do justice, I just need information. I do not wish the priest harmed."
« Last Edit: <04-26-17/1321:42> by gilga »

Qwikfix

« Reply #50 on: <04-26-17/1958:44> »
Arc couldn't help but feel a bit awkward at the clash of ideals spatting before her, feeling her tension rise as the argument wore on.  Stealing a glance with Jed, she gave a nod to make the call as she stepped in, stamping her foot to interrupt.

"Boh'htetch!  You know you can be a total hoop sometimes,
Blackbird?  Seriously, you're both talking in circles now.  Yelena, we came here together we going together, so stop being so fraggin' fatalistic and drek.  Blackbird, get that silver spoon attached to your brain outta your hoop for jusht a moment and realize the world don't revolve around your issues.  Deal with em.  We here to help, but I be damned if I'm gonna sit here and let you talk down to us.  If you that ready to cut ties, youda said byee to that priest fragger.  Figure yo drek out, man!"

The human's eyes widened as she leaned forward a bit, catching her breath in her throat before running to the bathroom, shutting the door in a slam.

ismilealot

• Ace Runner
« Reply #51 on: <04-27-17/0119:05> »
Jed studies Yelena and Marco and then nods. "I think I'd better." Accessing his comm he calls, >>Dutchman, I need a pickup at the Dom Polsky at 10:00. We'll need the limo and someone with a little experience at dealing with the paparazzi at the airport.<< The answer is swift, >>Can do. Just no A-list celebrities. I can't stand diva's.<<
Thought      Speech     Astral     Matrix/com       Mentor/Spirit     other lang.

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #52 on: <04-27-17/0122:27> »
Marco laughed softly and said "Arc is very emotional, isn't she?" To himself he thinks "Perhaps it is just American women or Russian ones... I should visit the UK, I heard they have more restraint there."  To Yelena he continues without blinking even. "Don't respond now in anger, think about it for a while. About your brief time with Marco and see if you can understand why he did not trust you. 
I did not mean to offend you in any way, I carry the scars of dishonesty and manipulation myself. Everyone I ever trusted failed me horribly.  Including this Sam, you grew so fond of. It felt impossible to trust someone so volatile with a secret of this magnitude.

He emphasized so Jed will hear as well "Seriously, these are the people that raised me to be the man that I am. As brutal as my education was this was all that I had. The man I am going to abuse was like a parent. A cruel and sadistic one which I deeply resented. Still, it is freedom I am after, not Vengence. "

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #53 on: <04-27-17/0148:20> »
Yelena's face loses all color at Blackbird's words.  His admission that she had never been worthy of trust in his eyes hurts as much as anything he has done or said to hurt her in the past.  There is nothing so final in all the world than the death of love and whatever little bit had remained in her for this man just implodes in her heart.  Standing there in the room, she just looks at the man she had loved and who had said that he loved her.  She had known the lie but part of her had refused to believe it, had hoped beyond any rational hope that there was still something there to work on.  Now, even that was gone, blowing away like so much dust in a breeze. 

She opens her mouth twice before words come out. "Blackbird words have offended Yelena greatly and have hurt far more than you will ever realize.  Yelena loved with a strength that could accept Marco for what he was.
 Yelena respected and trusted Marco."
  She turns in Jed's direction. "Would PI Man give love or would lie to get in bed?  Maybe there is no love for Yelena.  Punishment for killing too much.  Maybe Yelena deserve hurt from Marco and Blackbird and sax man."  She pauses for a moment as her eyes search Jed's face then she turns back to Blackbird and speaks in a quiet and monotone voice.  "Yelena never fire gel round in life so not know effect on aim or shooting.  Will try to not kill priest." She turns to go to the armory but is caught up short by Blackbird's words and turns to listen to him.
« Last Edit: <04-27-17/0954:53> by Mercy Merchant »

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #54 on: <04-27-17/0847:33> »
[spoiler] Well, I wanted to say a few things, but uncertain how it goes with Yelena storming off. Here is what Blackbird would say if she stayed long enough, or wanted to listen. Otherwise, I'll edit to have Marco shrugging and thinking about his old mentor. It seems that every time our characters try to touch that point, we reach the same deadlock. So, I thought that it can be a good post to show some real honesty from Marco rather than the usual charmy charm. I'll leave it for mercy to decide which he prefers. [/spoiler]

Blackbird sighed "Look, Yelena, you keep saying that and sometimes I forget which one of us is twenty and which one of us is sixty. We've only known each other for a couple of weeks. Why did you expect me to go and share my most intimate secrets? Yes, we had something, love and yes my plan failed. I am a fool - indeed. I love you and do my best to be worthy of your trust. Things have changed, we moved from honeymoon where everything was pink and gay, to reality where both have enemies and we both are emotionally damaged.

I am uncertain if I am even capable of trust. The last person I trusted was dishonest about everything, including his name and even gender. It took Sam six month of relationship to get me to lower my guard down. Nothing nearly as what you expect from me. I got over his betrayal, I keep a professional relationship with Sam, but I am uncertain if I am capable of trusting again in a way that would please you. 

I am surprised that you yourself, can trust me so quickly - perhaps it is my darn magic. I honestly have no idea how to handle the storm that I unleashed in you. I am truly sorry for further damaging you.
I wanted a relationship - but I never had a real one... I don't know what to do."

« Last Edit: <04-27-17/0905:18> by gilga »

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #55 on: <04-27-17/1002:52> »
Yelena's face is passive as the other Keeb talks.  She shrugs her shoulders when he is done. "Marco and Blackbird have different definition of love from Yelena.  In Yelena mind, you cannot have love without trust.  Is Yelena fault.  Yelena wanted something Marco and Blackbird not able to give.  Yelena gave freely of love and trust and got disgust and lies back.  Yelena not need or want false words of love from Blackbird.  I go get rifle ready.".  She walks calmly into the small armory and places her head against a wall and cries softly.  She cries for herself.  She cries for what might have been and now cannot be.  She cries for her Vory family that has turned its back on her.  She cries.
« Last Edit: <04-27-17/1006:53> by Mercy Merchant »

ismilealot

• Ace Runner
« Reply #56 on: <04-27-17/1111:50> »
The Dutchman thinks for a few moments reviewing the information he has on this job so far. Celebrities, so they're hot  Paparazzi, shots already fired. Airport, so probably stolen goods they're trying to recover or fence. They need to get back to the UCAS, no prob. And then there's the guy that recommended him. He's an old friend. An old friend for whom trouble comes not just with guns but also very savvy enemies. It's best to assume his friend is cut from the same cloth. The Dutchman puts a call out to a few of his more reliable runners. Chummers who can think on their feet. >>I've got a last-minute job for a couple of celebrities who want to do a bit of sightseeing. Real jet-setter types so pack your passports just in case. Job will take about a week, two at the outside. But I need to know now as the pick-up time is 10:00 in Wroclaw.<< Hmmm, Wroclaw, they'd had a top bratva boss killed recently in a power-play. So help me if these guys are those guys there is going to be hell to pay. Nah, can't be, they were outta towners. Contacted him almost a week ago and bratva boss killings were always internal. Politics. Even the police didn't dare interfere. No, his guys were safe enough. The tourists were just hot. Hot he could handle.
Thought      Speech     Astral     Matrix/com       Mentor/Spirit     other lang.

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #57 on: <04-27-17/1252:23> »
Na'Nele was in a safe house of the organisation she was currently freelancing for when she got the call.  While she had just brought some things over the border from Germany last week and the rest had been nice, she wasn't the type to sit still.
>>I can be ready in half an hour from now.  Just have to check the heavy equipment.<<
By which she meant her weapons of course.
>>Just Let me know where and when you want me to be picked up and details on payment.<<

While waiting for a reply, she already started to pack her gear, putting on her armour and checking her equipment before putting it in her backpack or in various pockets of her vest.  That way she had everything on hand when she needed it.
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"

Csjarrat

• Prime Runner
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #58 on: <04-27-17/1449:00> »
Lena panted heavily, her breaths fell in time to the fast pace of the electronic music she listened to as they thumped into the badly maintained pavements of Lodz.
The incoming message interrupted the driving bassline with a cheery jibe and she mentally commanded the burner commlink she used for "work" to overlay it into her FOV.
Sight-seeing? that was a new one. Fuck-all to see around here! Jet-setting types usually meant good pay though and that always came in handy.
<<Sure. Always happy to oblige. What's the rate, how many and how far they need me to get them?>>
She checked the mental overlay for time and made a quick calculation, figuring the long route would take too long if she was gonna make it in traffic into wroclaw.
She bustled through a queue for an autobus and cleared three lanes of honking traffic as the light went to green too-early for her liking and hit the steps down into the basement of the old tenement block she called home, switching the audio feed from her burner comm to the speakers on the dusty window ledge before she hit the shower and wolfed down some soy-porridge.
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor

ismilealot

• Ace Runner
« Reply #59 on: <04-27-17/1737:10> »
>>Itinerary includes the UCAS, Seattle. Pay is 3.5k plus expenses and they want picked up at a restaurant known as the Dom Polsky. I've arranged for a limo.<< the Dutchman answers.