NEWS

Bye, Bye Blackbird IC

  • 187 Replies
  • 19880 Views

SmilinIrish

  • *
  • Omae
  • ***
  • Posts: 765
« Reply #60 on: <04-27-17/1747:27> »
Jed silently witnessed the interplay before him, casting an uncomfortable glance over at Arc.  So much of what they were talking about had just become real to him, except his trust was broken in a years old relationship, not one that had been a matter of weeks.  Once they were done, he needed to research the Tir and find out how to investigate.  If Bunny was still alive, or if he had a daughter...
Speech  Thought   Matrix/Comms

gilga

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 5449
« Reply #61 on: <04-27-17/1750:20> »
Marco walked toward the restroom where Arc decided to coup up. "Arc? Can I come in?" and then said in sweet Italian and allowed the words to roll on his tongue like music. "Apri la porta porta Signiorina Arc, ho un meraviglioso cioccolato che ti farà scappare tutti i tuoi problemi".

[spoiler]
Open the door miss Arc, I have a wonderful choclate that will make all your troubles go away (or runaway).

Mercy Merchant

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 6420
« Reply #62 on: <04-28-17/0200:36> »
After a couple of minutes of crying, Yelena straightens up, wipes her eyes and goes to the work bench in the armory.  She checks the specs on the gel rounds as she loads them into a clip and slides it into her case.  Done, she looks around for something else to do and, finding nothing, she shrugs her shoulders and walks back out to the main room, walking up to the bathroom and standing next to Blackbird and knocking on the door.  "Arc not have cigarette in there.  If using toilet is fine, but Yelena need to pee.  Will need to use cup if Arc not leave bathroom."
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

farothel

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 3857
« Reply #63 on: <04-28-17/0430:00> »
Na'Nele signaled her acceptance and also arranged for the limo to pick her up before it would have to go to the restaurant.  That way she was sure to ride shotgun, or assault rifle in her case and she would arrive on time.

She put her heavy weapon in a duffel bag so it was hidden from view, but she kept the bag with her in the car, while her clothes and things like that went in the back of the limo.  She wouldn't need those at the moment, but she wanted to keep her weapons close.  You never knew what could happen and while this was not a jungle in the real sense of the word, some principles could be transferred, including the principle of 'always be prepared'.

She assumed that they would have some time to make the necessary arrangements, if needed by bringing them first to a safe house.  She needed more information before she could see how to get them where they needed to be.
« Last Edit: <04-28-17/1614:23> by farothel »
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"

Csjarrat

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 5107
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #64 on: <04-28-17/0739:24> »
>>Itinerary includes the UCAS, Seattle. Pay is 3.5k plus expenses and they want picked up at a restaurant known as the Dom Polsky. I've arranged for a limo.<< the Dutchman answers.
<<UCAS? Christ... That's a long way. How soon do they need to arrive? How many and how much kit?>>
« Last Edit: <04-28-17/1545:00> by Csjarrat »
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor

Qwikfix

  • *
  • Guest
« Reply #65 on: <04-28-17/0940:52> »
While Blackbird was standing on the other side of the bathroom door, he could hear the muffled sounds of wretching, followed by mild sobs as Arc fought to contain herself.  "I don't fraggin know what that means."  she said meekly as he spouted Italian to her.  When Yelena arrived, she flushed the toilet and ran the sink for a moment before opening the door.  She looked weary, cheeks flushed and eyes puffy as she glanced up at the two of them.

"can't be smokin.  You took em all."  she sighed, stepping to the side.  "you two need to sort thish drek out without blowing up.  Right now we are all we got, and we need that to get home.."  she stepped past them, eyes downcast with a hand holding her stomach, willing it to settle.  "I ain't gon lose either of you..."

She strolled over to Jed, seeing him lost in his own thoughts.  Giving him a nudge on the arm, she sat down by him.  "you gonna be aight?"

Mercy Merchant

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 6420
« Reply #66 on: <04-28-17/1014:10> »
Yelena gives Arc a worried look.  "Yelena fine.  All worked out now.  Srui need rest." She goes into the bathroom and shuts the door before using the toilet.  She washes her hands after finishing and returns to the main room.  Looking at Blackbird and the others she asks, "OK.  What is plan?"
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

gilga

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 5449
« Reply #67 on: <04-28-17/1042:45> »
Marco grinned and said "It means that I have chocolate so good it will make all your troubles run away."
When she is out he said "Don't worry Arc, things will get better eventually. I mean I am uncertain why you are so upset but I will make sure that you get back home to your shop in the Barrens and the Vurk. you like so much. My regular comforting skills are out of the questions, but perhaps dark chocolate can help. At least know that such tastes exist before we go risk our necks again."

He sighed and said "I wanted to use it to make Chocolate Souffle for my first night in the living. Between you all being mad at me and Nikolai to torturing people I just could not cook anything good."

He walked with her and when he saw Jed he gave him a bar of chocolate "It seems like you need it more than I do." He then tossed a bar at Yelena, grinning.

"You too, Velenkoradi and the rest of you an have some as well." he said to his spirits. "One of the delicacies of this world."
With everybody munchin some chocolate Marco spoke "Plan is simple but perhaps you can help me.

Priest is at airport at 4:00 am. I'll identify him, Yelena will take a sniper shot, we need to be there in advance to see the terrain.

We will use a spirit to change the unconscious priest into a compact animal and take him out of the airport. There, I'll drug him, interrogate him and place him a neat hotel while we leave the country.

I think we need cars that can be manually driven just in case I pulled a Nikolai.
Arc kept us alive today, so we owe her big time."
He looks at Arc and says  "Seeing you without a car feels strange to me. You sure you do not want us to buy a Gopher? or any other car for that matter."


« Last Edit: <04-28-17/1046:54> by gilga »

Csjarrat

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 5107
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #68 on: <04-28-17/1606:00> »
A rough plan started to form as the info streamed back to her over the trix: chartered anything was clearly not going to work with that payload, but then she knew that, otherwise they wouldn't be calling her.
Right, so, options? she opened an AR scribble pad and scrawled notes a few mil above the rough scratched table she ate at, brushing crumbs and a mucky mug of old chai out of the way of her text.
1-Private plane, doable....needs an understanding pilot and a small airfield with friendly groundstaff. Not beyond the realms of possibility, but never going to be cheap and pretty high risk..
2-Zepp, doable.. much like 1, except slower, cheaper and harder to come by
3-Ship; no passenger services from europe, but plenty of cargo ships. Huge ships crewed by skeleton staff and drones makes for privacy and plenty of corrupt captains out there on the make to line their pockets, more lax security, ability to take plenty of gear....
Hmm... that's the best option.
She brushed her hair back and set the agent on the nixdorf to search mode, opening 3 different terminals for it to crack on with:
[spoiler]
Searching for available cargo routes from major polish ports:

Cargo services out of Gydania:
: 6d6t5 2

Cargo services out of Gdansk:
: 6d6t5 2

Cargo services out of Szczecin:
: 6d6t5 0

Cargo services out of Swinoujscie:
: 6d6t5 4[/spoiler]
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor

ismilealot

  • *
  • Ace Runner
  • ****
  • Posts: 1760
« Reply #69 on: <04-28-17/1804:03> »
Hmmm, Gydania was do-able, two ships leaving out. One would be a bit of a rush to get there. So, he'd have to arrange that now to make sure of a spot. The other left in 43 hours. Swinoujscie had three different ships leaving. And one was the Uber. It's captain was Alexia White Romanoff and he'd worked with her before. So, maybe. But, he could arrange transport via he guy he knew with almost any of them so that wasn't really much of an issue.
Thought      Speech     Astral     Matrix/com       Mentor/Spirit     other lang.

Qwikfix

  • *
  • Guest
« Reply #70 on: <04-28-17/1931:32> »
Arc silently took the chocolate in her hands, giving a little nod and a sniff to Blackbird...it seemed like she was calming down, and as the talk moved towards what was to come, her mood improved.  She closed her eyes after a bite of the treat, fingers crossed it agreed with her, and after a few chews she chimed in, sitting near Jed as before.

"Would sheem a waste to get a car jusht to get rid of it.  Besides, washn't it mentioned that we would be able to arrange our rides to shwing by the airport before we go?  If that'sh the case, we won't need another vehicle."  She gave a small smile, pinching her brow as she leaned forward.  "I got a bit lucky pulling ush out of there, I won't lie.  I'd rather avoid pushing that luck ifn' we finna help it, yeah?"

gilga

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 5449
« Reply #71 on: <04-29-17/1505:33> »
Marco said "Why ditch it? If all go well we can import it to the UCAS legally.
I mean we are going to bring illegal weapons and stuff, shipping a car should be no problem for these people. We can deliver the car to a shipping container and get it on the other side.

Luck or no luck, I'd rather have you driving Arc. Bad people are after us, with a prize of over half a million nuyen. I am not sure that the coyotes can handle the kind of heat that we carry. I want you to be the one driving if things go bad - not some driver we never met.  Let's buy a car, I'll get a great price for us. "


Csjarrat

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 5107
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #72 on: <04-29-17/1534:33> »
As the results streamed through from the agent, she was heartend to see The Uber come up in the list of hits.
She shot the captain Alexia a message <<Morning, I hear you're in town for a few days. When you due to sail??>> [spoiler]Assuming as i've worked with her before i'd have her commcode here, let me know if not[/spoiler]
Whilst waiting for the reply through, she pinged a message to her fixer Hanna:
Morning! looking at sending some special cargo transatlantic. Any chance you can get me pricing options on the following: <<Shipping departures.list>>. Berthing for 6 would be preferable
 [spoiler]Looking at pricing options for the ships you listed and pre-rolling for pricing negotiations if needed as might be able to widen the gap between expenses/pay packet(didn't include any magical/gear bonuses as haggling done via AR). Disregard if not necessary :-) pre-roll for price haggling: 11d6t5 3[/spoiler]
Stuffing the last of her breakfast down her throat, she dashed into the bedroom and donned her smart wear and decent coat. she didn't know the restaurant but if it was limo-class, gym-wear wasn't going to cut the mustard...
« Last Edit: <04-29-17/1546:41> by Csjarrat »
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor

Qwikfix

  • *
  • Guest
« Reply #73 on: <04-29-17/2214:55> »
Arc sighed, cracking a bit of a smirk at Blackbird's remarks as she leaned forward, her shoulders visibly slumped a bit as she lowered her head, her red hair shifting to cover a bit of her face as she did so.  "Tch, ya make it sound easy...but I have a car at home, don't need another one.  Beshides, we hiring theshe coyotes to get us home.  It'sh their job, important becaushe I don't recall getting a passhport to get here, ya feel?  We can figure drek out once we meet them and decide then."

She took in a deep breath, closing her eyes.  "I'll drive if I need to..but I'm wiped, Blackbird.  That escape...took everything I ever learned with th'Howlersh.  If I have to do that again..."  She bit her lip, looking away.  "There's more at shtake here, is all I'm sayin'"

ismilealot

  • *
  • Ace Runner
  • ****
  • Posts: 1760
« Reply #74 on: <04-29-17/2321:46> »
@ Lena  The reply is prompt, >>Twenty one hours. You looking for work? Or, are you taking a nice, cheap vacation.<<
Thought      Speech     Astral     Matrix/com       Mentor/Spirit     other lang.