NEWS

Shadowrun Custom Dice - CopyRight Request From Catalyst

• 64 Replies

Metasyntactic

• Newb
  • Geek The Mage First
« Reply #30 on: <01-17-14/0754:15> »
Man, those look awesome. Now I kinda want a batch and have some members of the club pick them up next time they're in London, assuming you're anywhere near it. :<

I'm about 90 minutes from London… Heavily dependant on where abouts of course. My record for Wembley is 50 minutes :D

I am yet to hear anything from Catalyst on the follow up – but waiting apprehensively.

I'm assuming they only give rights for a certain volume sort of thing, rather than just saying “Metasyntactic can print what he wants! Wahay!”

If they do allow me to order 150 dice – that would be brilliant (batches/colours of 25).

But if any of the 5 other guys mess me around, ill be sure to throw it out here.

Hope CGL comes through for you *knocks wood*

I have everything crossed.

Not an easy task.
Be careful to leave your sons well instructed rather than rich, for the hopes of the instructed are better than the wealth of the ignorant.

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #31 on: <01-17-14/0810:53> »
The dice are looking really nice...hope you get some feedback soon.

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #32 on: <01-17-14/0812:44> »
Jealousjealousjealousjealous. :< These dice would be awesome at my Missions games. :'(
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

martinchaen

« Reply #33 on: <01-17-14/0903:10> »
If you do get permission to run a batch and you're doing any black dice with red emblems, I'll pay premium + shipping to the US for a set. Just saying :)

Metasyntactic

• Newb
  • Geek The Mage First
« Reply #34 on: <01-17-14/0939:56> »
If you do get permission to run a batch and you're doing any black dice with red emblems, I'll pay premium + shipping to the US for a set. Just saying :)

The demo die is black pearl, I think this is a solid black choice.

Yes, I've checked about the skull actually being red.

I don’t want to get all excited and ahead of myself, but if these do come out reasonably cheap and beautiful - *AND* - I get the permission to use the logo for a run of dice then;

Yes.

No probs, I can send to the US.

But, what would be cheaper… Me to send you and Michael individual US secured/insured/tracked Airmail dice?

Or if I sent one package of 2 sets to you – and you internally mailed the second set to Michael?

I don’t know how US Mail works? Would mailing something across the country cost more than me to send it from UK to US?

Again, not falling over myself in anticipation (otherwise I'm just setting myself up for disappointment); but once I can get either A) the dice or B) a confirmed weight per set of 25, I could start working out what it would cost.

Also, everyone cool with 25x Dice Pool? Was kind of plucked from the air… But I thought it was a valid’ish number
Be careful to leave your sons well instructed rather than rich, for the hopes of the instructed are better than the wealth of the ignorant.

Metasyntactic

• Newb
  • Geek The Mage First
« Reply #35 on: <01-17-14/0945:47> »

The demo die is black pearl, I think this is a solid black choice.

Yes, I've checked about the skull actually being red.

Unless you mean you want Glitches *AND* Hits to both be Red - i.e. No Gold.

Then yes, they have offered to do the colour of dice as bespoke sets - as well as the colour of the engraving too.

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #36 on: <01-17-14/1010:56> »
I'm just across the pond myself, so shipping through the US to me seems like a bad idea. :P I live a few hundred km east from you, give or take. Ahwell, we'll cross that bridge if we get there.
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

ImaginalDisc

• Omae
« Reply #37 on: <01-17-14/1033:56> »
Oooh, pretty. I'm interested in a set as well.  I'd go for 25 or 50 myself.
« Last Edit: <01-17-14/1251:13> by ImaginalDisc »

Emperors Grace

• Chummer
« Reply #38 on: <01-17-14/1226:43> »
Also US (NY) and also interested in a 25 batch.  Black pearl is OK but I'd personally prefer green pearl or royal blue pearl (the lighter blue) with same color engravings.  Would pay shipping to US. 

If we can't get in on this, maybe a few US people can work something out if this gets the OK?  Maybe set one up over here?

« Last Edit: <01-17-14/1246:19> by Emperors Grace »

Prime Mover

• Omae
  • Prime Runners need Prime Fixers
« Reply #39 on: <01-17-14/1322:47> »
Great looking demo set.  Always wanted to see SR dice that highlighted success's and glitches, what held me back from picking up set in the tin awhile back.  Looked into doing a few custom sets for local group last year but the cost and minimum run they wanted caused several guys to back out.

Shame we haven't had custom sets as a regular release for SR, heck most gm's I know who run SR would spring for a reasonably priced brick of 6's.
Why do things happen the way they happen? For
all I know the world Is Just one big game and all of
our actions are determined by the roll of a die.
-  Dunkelzahn,  Great-Dragon

Parker

• Omae
  • Remember, can't spell damage without mage!
« Reply #40 on: <01-17-14/1406:31> »
Gotta agree with ya there.  Would chip in any player/GM order for a dozen or 3 of those.
I'm not Mad...insane a bit...but not mmmaaaddd!
(insane giggle as lightning flashes and thunder rolls.)

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #41 on: <01-17-14/1545:59> »
I'd be comfortable committing to 50+ for my "crew"...PA/USA.

Gardensnake

• Newb
« Reply #42 on: <01-17-14/1944:45> »
Got to agree that the dice look great and I wish you luck in getting them made. Something no one has mentioned though is you may be trying to contact the wrong people for permission. Wouldn't Topps be the ones to give permission considering they own Shadowrun and Catalyst is just the liscence holder. I'm not certain what control Catalyst has, but they may not be able to give the permission.

Just throwing it out there,

William

Metasyntactic

• Newb
  • Geek The Mage First
« Reply #43 on: <01-20-14/0424:11> »
Eeek,

I have no idea about that. I think as CGL are in the back of the book as the CopyRight owner – it lives with them. But as of today – still absolute zip :(

I have an idea though.

Once/If I get this order successfully sorted; I can then ask for the exact same spec to be kept on file – then mention your names (or email addresses or something). Then you guys can get in contact about a US order.

This would;

A) Stop me paying postage to get them down the road to me – only to charge you guys UK to US postage
B) If it went missing in the post – even though tracked – I would feel horrible, so if they are bought/paid for direct and go missing – they can send a new batch etc

If I get a response from CGL, ill ask them to give me extended permission, or ask for the initial request of 150 to be raised to 300.

If that starts sounds a bit too much like “Oh, he’s trying to resell on eBay”, then – again – ill give him your email address/name and say that they will be in contact shortly and these are just the same situation – just a different country. So they can give me permission for 150 – then give you US guys assign off too.

However, your country is bigger than ours – and you may get more interest, so if one of you guys want to go point – and offer to take PM details to sort amongst yourself (logistics/numbers etc), then whoever that guy/gal is – can PM an email address/details – and we can start organising this.

This all does hinge on them actually replying to my request though :(

I can see them… I can taste them… I just want to feel them!!

*non-sexual way

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #44 on: <02-21-14/1414:13> »
@Metasyntactic - wondering if you ever had any feedback on this?