NEWS

Shadowrun Custom Dice - CopyRight Request From Catalyst

• 64 Replies

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #15 on: <01-10-14/0554:47> »
The big guys tend to be busy with the different product lines, they don't just manage Shadowrun, so it may take some time. There's a twitter account, not sure who of CGL runs it.
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

PeterSmith

• Ace Runner
« Reply #16 on: <01-10-14/0747:49> »
I can poke around, see if the message was eaten by a spambot.
Power corrupts.
Absolute power is kinda neat.

"Peter Smith has the deadest of deadpans and a very sly smile, making talking to him a fun game of keeping up and slinging the next subtle zinger." - Jason M. Hardy, 3 August 2015

Metasyntactic

• Newb
  • Geek The Mage First
« Reply #17 on: <01-10-14/0833:35> »
I can poke around, see if the message was eaten by a spambot.

Sent to randall@catalystgamelabs.com 07/01 11:56am and contact@catalystgamelabs.com at 07/01 09:12
Be careful to leave your sons well instructed rather than rich, for the hopes of the instructed are better than the wealth of the ignorant.

Emperors Grace

• Chummer
« Reply #18 on: <01-10-14/0948:37> »
PS Anyone have any other contact details for Catalyst about copyright? I've not even got a reply.

Possible that they won't, IIRC the new Beginner's box (due soonish) has a "handful of d6's" as an element. 

They may not want to cut their market if they plan on selling them separately out of box as well.

Timothy M. Patrick

• Chummer
« Reply #19 on: <01-10-14/1032:10> »
You can get dice from them at the cons with the logo on the 6 at least the large cons where CGL has an official presence, I know a lot of folks who can't make it often use in between to pick them up for them. I wish they would add them to battlecorp, so they could be purchased away from just at the cons
Co-Host of CriticalGlitch a Shadowrun podcast Criticalglitch.com

Metasyntactic

• Newb
  • Geek The Mage First
« Reply #20 on: <01-10-14/1107:58> »
They may not want to cut their market if they plan on selling them separately out of box as well.

Id hope they'd recognise the difference between me wanting to get sign off (could even ben written to only include a maximum of 'X' dice) for my group. Compared to confusing me with someone who wants to take eBay by storm haha!

I think I even wrote my plans of "Theres 6 of us, who all want a custom dice pool of 25 dice each".

You can get dice from them at the cons

All id have to do is move to America :D

I think I mentioned in a post somewhere that I dont know of any RPG style conventions in the UK that aren't terribly niche or miles away.

Im even told our official UK ComiCon is something of an embarrassment compared to the San Diego 'Proper' one.
Be careful to leave your sons well instructed rather than rich, for the hopes of the instructed are better than the wealth of the ignorant.

martinchaen

« Reply #21 on: <01-10-14/1116:46> »
Metasyntactic Hell, you'd have to move to the RIGHT part of America. I live in Texas, and there are no conventions anywhere near me (within a 5 hour drive, say) attended by anyone from CGL or even their demo team as far as I'm aware.

bigity

• Omae
« Reply #22 on: <01-10-14/1236:03> »
EDIT: I didn't see your caveat about CGL, so you very well may be right :D  My mistake

Dallas, Austin, San Antonio, Bryan/College Station all have cons.  Maybe not big ones, but something.

Of course, there are places in Texas you could live that are 5 hours away from all of those ;)

(Lubbock here)

ChupacabraCon
Austin, TX
January 17-19, 2014

Brony-Fest       (Oh God oh God what is thisssss)
Lewisville, TX
March 28-30, 2014

Omnicon
McAllen, TX
August 1-2, 2014

Delta H Con
Houston, TX
August 15-17, 2014

Southwest A&G Expo
San Antonio, TX
January 30-February 1, 2015

These are just the ones listed off of one website in a google seach, I know there are more.  For example, here are some more (and some duplicate listings): http://gameconventioncentral.com/usa/west-south-central-ar-la-ok-tx/

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #23 on: <01-10-14/2029:40> »
The laser-printed versions are looking pretty sweet...then again, I'm a sucker for dice. ;D

PeterSmith

• Ace Runner
« Reply #24 on: <01-11-14/0840:37> »
I wish they would add them to battlecorp, so they could be purchased away from just at the cons

Each set is a limited run, they don't go up on Battlecorps because they sell out at the conventions.
Power corrupts.
Absolute power is kinda neat.

"Peter Smith has the deadest of deadpans and a very sly smile, making talking to him a fun game of keeping up and slinging the next subtle zinger." - Jason M. Hardy, 3 August 2015

Metasyntactic

• Newb
  • Geek The Mage First
« Reply #25 on: <01-13-14/0617:42> »
Ive resorted to the poor mans communication methods... Ive tweeted at them.

Will see what they say. From their account looks, they are pretty active - but that might just be to 'choice' questions.

Im not sure they'll want the world and their wife knowing about copyright permissions, otherwise it'll be custom car vinyls and tattoo's everywhere!

Will see what they say.

PS Im a little bit excited about the possibility of receiving some images of the Demo Dice today!

Its Christmas all over again.

The laser-printed versions are looking pretty sweet...then again, I'm a sucker for dice. ;D

Me too.

Materialism is an absolute bee-atch!

Tkeela

• Newb
« Reply #26 on: <01-13-14/1949:31> »
@Catalystgamelab is the twitter
Help a dummy out, when its all said and done, tell me how to get some!:)

Metasyntactic

• Newb
  • Geek The Mage First
« Reply #27 on: <01-17-14/0340:30> »
The demo dice have been made and they look *AMAZING*

Just (still) waiting off on authorisation from Catalyst, even though I did get a reply tweet asking to clarify/confirm – so hopefully its in the pipeline!

They have confirmed that the skull would be red, but for speed and it being a quick demo, they just put it through the sprayer in gold completely.

martinchaen

« Reply #28 on: <01-17-14/0710:04> »
Holy smokes, man, those look fantastic.

Hope CGL comes through for you *knocks wood*

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #29 on: <01-17-14/0724:55> »
Man, those look awesome. Now I kinda want a batch and have some members of the club pick them up next time they're in London, assuming you're anywhere near it. :<
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!