NEWS

[5eOoC] 2075/6: Stormy Waters [Persistent World; recruitment always open]

• 5046 Replies

Jayde Moon

• Administrator
  • Ace Runner
  • Shadowrun Missions Developer
« Reply #630 on: <11-02-14/1815:40> »
Quick clarification on Astral Perceiving, you cannot see through solid objects, even while astrally perceiving.  While you can walk THROUGH solid objects, until you have passed your face through them, whatever is on the other side of a wall is a mystery.  This may or may not effect what is going on in the threads currently, I have to admit, I'm not 100% certain on everyone's positions...
That's just like... your opinion, man.

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #631 on: <11-03-14/0816:13> »
@Aria

Can I change the delayed action since I didn't see any clowns? If so, I'll use the underbarrel launcher on my shotgun. It's currently loaded with Flashbangs. And pray that I don't scatter.

AP3 - Initiative 10
Free Action - Send Message
Simple Action - Fire Ares Antioch-2 Underbarrel Grenade Launcher into the Seer's room | Agility 11 + 2 Smartlink - 1 Delayed Action - 1 Defaulting = 11 dice to Shoot

Fire a Flashbang into the Seer's Room: 11d6t5 2 [1, 4, 1, 4, 2, 1, 6, 5, 4, 1, 3]

Oh dear.... It does scatter. Scatter is 3d6 - hits meters for a grenade launcher. I also need to roll 2d6 to determine where the Flashbang scatters.

Direction of Scatter: 2d6 7 [5, 2]

Well, that's a relief. It likely just bounced farther into the room now. Now for how far it went.

Distance of Scatter: 3d6-2 10 [6, 4, 2]

Yikes, 10 meters. That might have even bounced back out; I hope not.

DV is 10S with -4 AP in a 10 meter radius. 1 grenade used in 4 grenade magazine. 3 remaining in magazine, 14 remaining total.

Tell me if I need to resist my own Flashbang (I'm a freaking genius...)

Edit: Also, how does Flare Compensation help with Flashbangs? I imagine it would, but I can't seem to find anywhere in the book where it would help. Dampers (from cyberears) give a +2 bonus to resist, would it be the same for Flare Compensation? Would they stack? Just so I know how likely it is that I knocked myself out with my own Flashbang.
Ok, here we go...good news: regardless of the exact rules there's no way that grenade is coming out of that room once fired inside, the angles are just all wrong...it will bounce around like a headless chicken and then go off.  Bad news: flashbangs fill their entire blast radius with particles that then ignite to create the concussion effect so I'm reasonably certain (given the size of the room) that will encompass the corridor too (not quite how the films portray SWAT style entries but there you go...), so you and the fire spirit need to resist its effects (not to mention the clowns and the seer).  I'm happy for dampers and flare comp give you a +2 to resist the effects (unless someone can point me at RAW instead, busy busy at the moment :P)...so not the best plan in the world (v tight confined area), but hopefully not the worst!

Spirit will hit the guy who shot him with the Stunbolt if possible, I'm assuming Wound Modifiers count for Spirits

Unarmed Attack Roll 12d6: No Hits link http://orokos.com/roll/230072 
1 Edge for second Chance, 4 hits link http://orokos.com/roll/230073

Damage is still 10 P with AP -6
This is where I pull out my Evil GMTM hat... you excluded anyone not wearing a clown mask and carrying a gun from your spirit's targets...as you can't see into the room to amend that it can't attack the mage.  It will do something nasty to the nearest clown though...oh, please get it to resist the flashbang too (not a happy spirit!).  Wound mods do indeed count for spirits!

So...should I roll any sort of charisma towards Oblique in an attempt to let us know what the fuck is going on? The only Charisma skill she has that's worth a shit is Intimidation at 4 dice, but I'm pretty sure Oblique's social skills can trump that. I'm hoping he sees her logic and opens up a little.

Also, while Luz does her sensor sweep of his office, she's going to see if she can notice anything that can shed some light. I think this is the first sensor roll (4 hits) and visual perception roll (4 hits).
http://forums.shadowruntabletop.com/index.php?topic=17794.msg318142#msg318142
No need for charisma rolls, yes he will trump you on roll playing :P  I didn't mean to sound coy (just rushed)...you get the impression he's willing to talk (ish), the clowns are the only new hires but they were approved by higher ups and you can tell he's a little pissed about the whole thing (over his head kind of pissed)...

What sort of sensor sweep did you mean precisely?  He's got a 'link otherwise his office is fairly electronics free, no more than you'd expect in someone's living room.  Presumably any admin is done on the main host which is accessed from anywhere.
« Last Edit: <11-03-14/0832:20> by Aria »
Excel Cha Generators <<CG5.26>> & <CG6.xx> v36

8-bit

« Reply #632 on: <11-03-14/1214:07> »
@Aria

Can I change the delayed action since I didn't see any clowns? If so, I'll use the underbarrel launcher on my shotgun. It's currently loaded with Flashbangs. And pray that I don't scatter.

AP3 - Initiative 10
Free Action - Send Message
Simple Action - Fire Ares Antioch-2 Underbarrel Grenade Launcher into the Seer's room | Agility 11 + 2 Smartlink - 1 Delayed Action - 1 Defaulting = 11 dice to Shoot

Fire a Flashbang into the Seer's Room: 11d6t5 2 [1, 4, 1, 4, 2, 1, 6, 5, 4, 1, 3]

Oh dear.... It does scatter. Scatter is 3d6 - hits meters for a grenade launcher. I also need to roll 2d6 to determine where the Flashbang scatters.

Direction of Scatter: 2d6 7 [5, 2]

Well, that's a relief. It likely just bounced farther into the room now. Now for how far it went.

Distance of Scatter: 3d6-2 10 [6, 4, 2]

Yikes, 10 meters. That might have even bounced back out; I hope not.

DV is 10S with -4 AP in a 10 meter radius. 1 grenade used in 4 grenade magazine. 3 remaining in magazine, 14 remaining total.

Tell me if I need to resist my own Flashbang (I'm a freaking genius...)

Edit: Also, how does Flare Compensation help with Flashbangs? I imagine it would, but I can't seem to find anywhere in the book where it would help. Dampers (from cyberears) give a +2 bonus to resist, would it be the same for Flare Compensation? Would they stack? Just so I know how likely it is that I knocked myself out with my own Flashbang.
Ok, here we go...good news: regardless of the exact rules there's no way that grenade is coming out of that room once fired inside, the angles are just all wrong...it will bounce around like a headless chicken and then go off.  Bad news: flashbangs fill their entire blast radius with particles that then ignite to create the concussion effect so I'm reasonably certain (given the size of the room) that will encompass the corridor too (not quite how the films portray SWAT style entries but there you go...), so you and the fire spirit need to resist its effects (not to mention the clowns and the seer).  I'm happy for dampers and flare comp give you a +2 to resist the effects (unless someone can point me at RAW instead, busy busy at the moment :P)...so not the best plan in the world (v tight confined area), but hopefully not the worst!

I figured it was the best worst plan I've ever come up with. Which is saying something.

Anyway, perfectly fine with that; I'll get an IC up describing it. I need to flush out/disorient our opponents inside; as I am not about to open the door to at least 3 insane clowns who are waiting to shoot me.

Also planning to send out a message beforehand. Probably too late for everyone nearby, but at least anyone rushing to our position (Flicker, I think?) will have an idea what is going on.

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #633 on: <11-03-14/1237:06> »
I think Flicker is engaging the ghouls with Cutter, Luz is coming up behind Alicia in car 5 and the doorway to the seer's room is between you and them.  I was feeling nice enough not to ask them to resist your flashbang too, although they will be more than aware of the noise and light show!

adamu

« Reply #634 on: <11-03-14/1540:46> »
I'm happy for dampers and flare comp give you a +2 to resist the effects (unless someone can point me at RAW instead, busy busy at the moment :P).

Sorry, just to be clear as this is a question that's been on my mind, too.

So do you mean +2 total, or +2 each?

As pointed out, the RAW is clear on the +2 against flashbangs from a damper.
But no mention of flashbangs on the flare comp description, where it seems obvious that mod ought to help against, um, flashes.
And since they are protections of two separate affected senses, seems to me that they ought to stack….

8-bit

« Reply #635 on: <11-03-14/1555:09> »
@CT

IC is up. I will make the soak roll with the assumption that I get a +4 bonus (+2 dampers, +2 flare compensation). Feel free to add or take away as the situation warrants.

Body 3 + Armor 13 + 2 Dampers + 2 Flare Compensation - 4 AP = 16 dice to resist 10S damage.

Resist Flashbang: 16d6t5 4 [2, 6, 2, 6, 2, 1, 3, 1, 4, 4, 5, 1, 1, 1, 5, 2]

Go figure, I roll 16 dice for shooting and get like 8 hits; and now when I need the excess hits they don't show up. That's 6S damage on me, I'll take that off my Condition Monitor. -2 penalty to everything now.

saithor

• Omae
« Reply #636 on: <11-03-14/1655:15> »
Thankfully immunity to Normal Wepons prevents it from being a complete fail. Also I hat Evil GM hats. Burn the hat!

Resisting Flashbang 9d6= 4 hits link http://orokos.com/roll/230248

so that 6S damage, Stun Condition moniter is at 5 boxes. Physical should be at 6. I think Alicia is going to need to give up a lot of beer to make this up to Irongut.  8-bit, you want to handle the Mage while Irongut takes out the other clowns?
Dialogue
Comn
Astral
Thoughts
What's your favorite scary movie?

8-bit

« Reply #637 on: <11-03-14/1714:17> »
If we aren't disoriented from the flashbang, sure. I might not be able to tell who the Mage is, but if someone has twitchy fingers* or something, then by all means; he's the first to die.

*Might be multiple people, because getting hit by a flashbang can cause seizures. Please consult your doctor before experiencing a Flashbang.

Lusis

• Omae
« Reply #638 on: <11-03-14/1800:18> »
Well Luz has a Neurostun VIII grenade at the ready, might as well softball it in while they're disoriented. Hope you guys brought your respirators.

Do I need to roll it considering it's pretty much going to fill the car with gas? If so I got 2 hits on the throw, a 6 for scatter, and a 2 on the distance which means scatter is nil.

ETA @ Aria: Oh yeah, as far as sensors I figure MAD, olfactory and radio signal sensors are the only ones that might apply. Otherwise just her enhanced peepers.

« Last Edit: <11-03-14/1846:03> by Lusis »
SpeechThought Matrix/E-mail/Texting

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #639 on: <11-03-14/1841:05> »
Thankfully immunity to Normal Wepons prevents it from being a complete fail. Also I hat Evil GM hats. Burn the hat!

so that 6S damage, Stun Condition moniter is at 5 boxes. Physical should be at 6. I think Alicia is going to need to give up a lot of beer to make this up to Irongut.  8-bit, you want to handle the Mage while Irongut takes out the other clowns?
unless they've changed it in 5e spirits  only have one condition monitor...?

saithor

• Omae
« Reply #640 on: <11-03-14/1844:14> »

I couldn't find any listed on the profiles, so I just used the physical attributes to derive them.
Dialogue
Comn
Astral
Thoughts
What's your favorite scary movie?

Lusis

• Omae
« Reply #641 on: <11-03-14/1849:10> »
Modded my last post with the rolls for the grenade toss. It's power is 15, covers 10m and becomes inert after 10 minutes.

Scawire

• Ace Runner
  • FightFightFight the endless Ninja Battle
« Reply #642 on: <11-03-14/1947:39> »
HeyAria looks like you might start a high level game sometime, I have an adept decker I will send your way this week or weekend. High life runs seem to be the only way to play magic/decker crosses in 5th edition.

8) ya crazy high life its the best way to explore the shadows, and a good way to die too
Words,Thoughts,Matrix,Astral

Magic uses higher laws to over come lower laws.

8-bit

« Reply #643 on: <11-03-14/2236:03> »

Strange, I could have sworn they only had one. Seems they have two now.

Quote from: Core Book of SR5; page 302
Spirits follow the normal rules for combat, whether physical or astral. If all of the boxes on a spirit’s Condition Monitor (either of them) are filled, the spirit is painfully disrupted and is forced back to its home metaplane. Any services it still owes are lost.

-------------------

And that Gas Grenade might knock Ghost out. He's not likely to resist 15 power with just straight up Body + Willpower (only 6 dice). Not that I mind, just be ready to First Aid him because of his stupidity. There should be a medkit on the top of car 8 where Ghost was perched. The good news is that everyone inside the Seer's room ought to be very unconscious.

Actually, I do have a Rating 6 Respirator on. That would give me 12 dice. I might end up remaining conscious yet, I just have to get way out of range of the gas grenade, or the double hit will surely knock me out.

Lusis

• Omae
« Reply #644 on: <11-04-14/0513:30> »
Yeah not my best plan either.
I was worried the flashbang would've caused them to shoot the hostages if we didn't do something quick.

Then again, we should be out of range considering she heaved it in. You also have a combat turn before it fills the car.  We can close it up, pull back and wait. If there's a filtration system that is up to it we can then we can air the place out.

In the meantime, it buys us some time to deal with the ghouls.
« Last Edit: <11-04-14/0602:05> by Lusis »