NEWS

Shadowrun 5 Errata

• 560 Replies

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #255 on: <12-07-13/0627:51> »
((I reported that typo on the 5th of August. A good way to check is clicking on the Print button, you get the print version of the topic which you can easily search through.))

((As for the ETA on the errata, there's a topic on people debating it. http://forums.shadowruntabletop.com/index.php?topic=12828.0))
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

KraakenDazs

• Chummer
« Reply #256 on: <12-07-13/0908:31> »
((I reported that typo on the 5th of August. A good way to check is clicking on the Print button, you get the print version of the topic which you can easily search through.))

oh that actually darn clever. I sift through pages before posting but after a while its piled so high its just counter productive :P
Maybe, just maybe, concrete and Plasteel are MEANT to armor our planet, and not harm it, omae. Hydroponics can nourish our needy. And i assure you nuclear energy's been involved in getting you that fancy 'ware, chummer.Our mistake? Trading Wisdom for Greed. - Dögan "Babyface" Kross

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #257 on: <12-08-13/0606:53> »
p355, second paragraph, fourth line: Priotity Table should read Priority Table.

Pixelmancer

• Newb
« Reply #258 on: <12-08-13/1753:27> »
On page 368 it says "For availability and prices of purchasing Fake SINs, see p. 367.", but no such information exists on page 367.

frankhlane

• Newb
« Reply #259 on: <12-20-13/2115:40> »
Unarmed
attack, 167

is in the index, but page 167 actually mentions Melee Attack.

Melee, 167
is in the index, however.
This is your ICQ number.  This is your AOL Instant Messenger nickname. Your MSN messenger email address. This is your Yahoo! Instant Messenger nickname.

Twilight

• Newb
« Reply #260 on: <01-05-14/2351:54> »
Page 68/71 paragraph that is split:

By an explicit reading of the rules, a Mystic Adept may not start with Assensing because you can only take Assensing if you have Astral Perception but a Mystic Adept doesn't acquire adept powers until step 7 (whihc is after getting skills).

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #261 on: <01-06-14/0500:55> »
((Except that it's not a strict step-by-step process, as made clear by the way Exceptional Attribute works.))

Pontoark

• Newb
« Reply #262 on: <01-10-14/1152:43> »
Page 205 says "as the defense part of the Opposed Test. Drones roll their Pilot + Autosoft [Handling]" but no where in the book says which Autosoft that is.

Page 234, under Control Device, it mention the required amount of marks for each type of action:  "1 mark for Free Actions, 2 marks for Simple Actions" etc.. but it doesn't mention interrupt actions. So either interrupt action was left out accidentally or a device under Control Device can't do a Full Defense (as Control Device overrides autopilot), also it is not clear by RAW if a Controlled Device uses the controller reaction + intuition for defense.

I'm not sure it's an errata but there is an Electronic Warfare autosoft but there isn't any test a drone can do that actually uses it...
Edit: I just found out a use for Electronic Warfare Autosoft: The Radio signal scanner Sensor (p 446).

As discoursed in this thread(http://forums.shadowruntabletop.com/index.php?topic=13715.15), it's not clear when a Control Device is considered free to be controlled by someone else.
« Last Edit: <01-11-14/0140:24> by pontoark »

Namikaze

• Freelancer Ltd
  • Prime Runner
  • I'm a Ma'fan of Shadowrun!
« Reply #263 on: <01-10-14/1202:09> »
Page 205 says "as the defense part of the Opposed Test. Drones roll their Pilot + Autosoft [Handling]" but no where in the book says which Autosoft that is.

The specific Autosoft may be dependent on circumstances.  In general I believe drones are intended to use the Evasion Autosoft.
Feel free to keep any karma you earned illicitly, it's on us.

Quote from: Stephen Covey
Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #264 on: <01-10-14/1212:58> »
((Maneuver, as far as I know. Evasion is stated to be against Targeting.))

((Also, seems reasonable that only an autopilot and a rigger can use Full Defense. The controller might be able to use their own Full Defense instead.))

Pontoark

• Newb
« Reply #265 on: <01-10-14/1236:41> »
((Also, seems reasonable that only an autopilot and a rigger can use Full Defense. The controller might be able to use their own Full Defense instead.))

It is very reasonable, I just wish it was written like that in a faq at least...
Also, when you use Full Defense, does it apply to all your controlled devices or just one? and how many marks is required for a Full Defense on a device?
« Last Edit: <01-25-14/2255:48> by Pontoark »

Pontoark

• Newb
« Reply #266 on: <01-10-14/1919:49> »
Control Device page 238 mention Standard action, the type of actions are only Simple, Complex, Free and Interrupt.. there is no Standard Action in the book.

Ryo

• Ace Runner
« Reply #267 on: <01-14-14/1715:39> »
The Raven mentor spirit gives 1.5 power points worth of powers to Adepts, in the form of Traceless Walk and Voice Control 1. All other mentor spirits give .5 power points. Traceless walk should be removed, as Voice Control 1 is .5 power points.

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #268 on: <01-14-14/1748:24> »
The Raven mentor spirit gives 1.5 power points worth of powers to Adepts, in the form of Traceless Walk and Voice Control 1. All other mentor spirits give .5 power points. Traceless walk should be removed, as Voice Control 1 is .5 power points.

It's been brought up before - there's no certainty that it's an error, given the nature of the disadvantage..  I'd suggest starting up a discussion on the subject if you want to go into it.
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

Ryo

• Ace Runner
« Reply #269 on: <01-14-14/1802:30> »

It's been brought up before - there's no certainty that it's an error, given the nature of the disadvantage..  I'd suggest starting up a discussion on the subject if you want to go into it.

At best it was intentional to give him those two powers but an error of power point cost; the writer thought both were .25 powers. There is no good reason one mentor spirit should have a 1 power point advantage over the rest and I doubt that factor was intended.