NEWS

Dunkelzahn and Hestaby

• 127 Replies

Wakshaani

• Ace Runner
« Reply #45 on: <08-15-13/0807:34> »
Allegedly. :)

Besides, it isn't as if Sybil targets *dragons*, so what does he care? :)

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #46 on: <08-15-13/0810:58> »

Besides, it isn't as if Sybil targets *dragons*, so what does he care? :)
That we know of, Wak. That we know of. A Great Dragon getting taken over by Sybil would make things... interesting.
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #47 on: <08-15-13/0819:10> »
If he doesn't care that he's endangering other species, that just proves he's an enemy of this world.
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
« Reply #48 on: <08-15-13/1217:25> »
Depends on what your definition of 'this world' is. If Sybil is the first step to creating metahumans that have no negative emotions, and can, perhaps, be freely controlled with a single will, then by the time the Enemy returns, you may just have an army capable of standing up to them. Maybe even standing up to the Great Hunter himself.

My Characters

Malathis

• Chummer
« Reply #49 on: <08-15-13/1235:05> »
I'm not sure if you could call that meta humanity at that point though. Seems to me that with those methods and that goal, you end up destroying the thing your trying to protect.

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #50 on: <08-15-13/1737:24> »

You learn quickly, grasshopper. :D

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
« Reply #51 on: <08-15-13/2204:44> »
I'm not sure if you could call that meta humanity at that point though. Seems to me that with those methods and that goal, you end up destroying the thing your trying to protect.
If the thing you're trying to protect is Life in general, the World in general, and Dragons in particular, then those methods would not be so far off the mark, I think. Sure, such a plan is probably Lawful Neutral at best, but oh well.

My Characters

Red Canti

• Omae
  • Hybrid Rainbow
« Reply #52 on: <08-16-13/0345:30> »
Meh. You do that to all of metahumanity and you'll have done far more damage than the Horrors ever managed to wrought.
"Always Trust Mr. Johnson, always. Just make sure he knows he'd regret betraying that trust."

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
« Reply #53 on: <08-16-13/0939:24> »
Perhaps. But if it eliminates the Horrors, or even just makes it so that the dragons can fight the Great Hunter on an even footing, then the dragons would likely chalk it up as 'worth it'. Especially if you can undo the process over time, once the threat is gone.

My Characters

Malathis

• Chummer
« Reply #54 on: <08-16-13/1008:47> »
I agree, that would be a great stratagy from the dragon perspective, but imo it isn't protecting meta-humanity, it's protecting dragon's.

IKerensky

• Newb
« Reply #55 on: <08-16-13/1110:32> »
And that be bad ? ... Because ....?

Frankly, If Sybil doesn't make meta-humans taste funny I fail to see how that will bother them at all. After all, before the IE revolt meta-humanity was nothing more than slaves, food proctutors and snacks for the Dragons, some of them still alive remembering this time.

I think we will discover that the real banishment reason for Hestaby was that Dragon Etiquette is a serious matter and toying with food was seen to be rude.

Red Canti

• Omae
  • Hybrid Rainbow
« Reply #56 on: <08-17-13/1800:59> »
It's a bad idea, because it's pretty damn unlikely Metahumanity will take it lying down.

In the 4th age, the Dragons probably could've kept that rebellion down. But they're not in the 4th Age anymore. As powerful as the Greats are, they're not gonna be sitting pretty at the end of that fight. This is something that I like to think Ghostwalker, Hestaby, Dunkelzahn and Sirrurg understand.
"Always Trust Mr. Johnson, always. Just make sure he knows he'd regret betraying that trust."

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #57 on: <08-17-13/1829:54> »
Please remember this. If we continue suspecting each other, continue pursuing our own self-interests... who do you think will be left standing in the ring in the end? There won't be anybody there, ladies and gentlemen. Not you, not me... Not even the ring itself.
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

IKerensky

• Newb
« Reply #58 on: <08-17-13/1906:38> »
They could always do it covertly... Are Dragon sensible to VITAS 1 or 2 or HMVV ? Nope, that is weird but does the other people use that as a proof thoses virus were Dragon-engeenired in order to cut the number on meta-humans ? Nope.

If a new virus or mutation happen, Dragon could probably get through. Nobody (alive) would suspect them.

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
« Reply #59 on: <08-17-13/2142:04> »
It's a bad idea, because it's pretty damn unlikely Metahumanity will take it lying down.

In the 4th age, the Dragons probably could've kept that rebellion down. But they're not in the 4th Age anymore. As powerful as the Greats are, they're not gonna be sitting pretty at the end of that fight. This is something that I like to think Ghostwalker, Hestaby, Dunkelzahn and Sirrurg understand.

Only if metahumanity knew it was happening. Dragons have major influence in 4/10 of the big 10, and enough clout and wealth that they could easily get on the board of any mega they wished (except Aztechnology). It wouldn't take much to keep metahumanity at large in the dark. Gaining control over news outlets, controlling the flow of information, etc. Remember, dragons play the long game. If they put forth all their effort to remain covert about things, it is uncertain whether even the shadows would know something was coming. Even if runners ended up dead after hitting a dragon or dragon-controlled corp site, the shadows would likely chalk it up to 'Don't mess with dragons' and be done. Of course dragons have their secrets. Everyone knows that. And they also know that learning those secrets very often proves very fatal.

My Characters