NEWS

Novice GM

• 3 Replies

Vystek

• Newb
« on: <01-09-11/1409:38> »
To be blunt, I recently bought the shadowrun core book, and, while basic game mechanics seem easy to pick up, I have a total lack of any experience in running shadowrun games. I've spent some considerable time GMing for similar roleplaying games, but my shadowrun experience is limited to some brief time as a PC in an impromptu 3rd edition game. This seemed like the obvious place to find people who know what they're talking about, so whatever you fine folks have to offer would be greatly appreciated.
« Last Edit: <01-09-11/1411:43> by Vystek »

Kot

• Ace Runner
  • Meaow
« Reply #1 on: <01-09-11/1423:58> »
I'd say that your best shot would be finding similar threads on the boards, and checking out current and old PBF games. The three currently running - Road to Redmond, Urban Brawl and Chicago Depths - are a good example of Shadowrun games.
I can't help you, as I'm new to Shadowrun myself, but I've learned a lot by reading, and participating in one of those games. They're good.
Mariusz "Kot" Butrykowski
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup."

Vystek

• Newb
« Reply #2 on: <01-09-11/1433:32> »
Thanks man, that seems like just the sort of thing to get some examples of shadowrun-typical settings, plots, etc.

Wayfinder

• Newb
  • fraggin fragged frag
« Reply #3 on: <01-09-11/1433:56> »
For a first time run I highly recommend the free adventure "Food Fight" you can find on the main website. It really helps with learning the basic mechanics.