NEWS

Run and Gun Errata

• 127 Replies

MagusRogue

• Newb
« Reply #30 on: <04-11-14/1331:35> »
pg. 42 - my fav gun in any edition, GE Vindicator, has alot of stuff wrong. one, under standard upgrades, its missing the smartgun system. Also, under Ammo, its missing the 100 (belt) option mentioned in the text.

As an aside, i hope there's no special rules for hypervelocity and minigun rules. previous editions made them so hard to use that you would never ever use one hand-held because the recoil would just be obscene. tho i think the HVAR should have gone the Vindicator's route and be given a high AP (or any) to count the massive amount of bullets tossed out.

MagusRogue

• Newb
« Reply #31 on: <04-11-14/1335:20> »
pg. 40 - The Barrett 122 in its text says it has a suppressor, but doesn't have one in its standard upgrades

MagusRogue

• Newb
« Reply #32 on: <04-11-14/1340:23> »
in the Killshots and More chapter, there's several options for AV and AV Assault Cannon ammo, yet there is no such ammo in either the core rules or run n gun.

pg. 116: Flame On: Totally missing descriptive text.

pg. 117: That Hit The Spot: Totally missing descriptive text.

As an aside, im not sure if they were ever in previous editions or not, but am I the only one missing Dragonsbreath shotgun shells? I know we have flares, but thats not quite what I want.

MagusRogue

• Newb
« Reply #33 on: <04-11-14/1345:31> »
pg. 53, Underbarrel Chainsaw, it mentions chainsaws do double damage to objects and barriers, but under the actual chainsaw rules, this is omitted. Aside, the chainsaw text says messing up with one is likely to hurt yourself, but again no rules to suppliment this. thinking a glitch knicks ya and a critical glitch lobs off your leg.

MagusRogue

• Newb
« Reply #34 on: <04-11-14/1354:49> »
pg. 51-54: the following mods do not list what slots they take up: Flashlight, Weapon Commlink, and Weapon Personality. We're also missing mechanical benefits/drawbacks for a safe target system, and does having a weapon personality actually do anything other than making the weapon annoyin?

MagusRogue

• Newb
« Reply #35 on: <04-11-14/1412:37> »
the demolitions chapter, especially the table on pg. 190, is confusing. it doesnt describe alot of the charges used.

Det Cord low and high yield should be tabbed over to see that those belong as det cord.

table items missing on 193: Commercial, Binary, Foam, Plastic.

cooked explosives missing from pg. 190; nitro, tnt, dynamite.

sooooo........... whats the rating of tnt? nitro?

Csjarrat

• Prime Runner
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #36 on: <04-12-14/0730:39> »
Pg 52-3 weapon accessories; foregrip is stated to attach to the barrel even though multiple weapon pictures in SR5 books clearly show it as occupying the underbarrel area.
also there is no listed incompatibility with underbarrel weapons like shotguns/grenades etc. the foregrip would clearly need to be shot through so can we errata this please?
it makes much more sense that the foregrip would use the underbarrel slot, preventing use of underbarrel weapons; as in real life and pretty much every computer game that features these options too.
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor

firebug

• Errata Coordinator
  • Prime Runner
  • Scraping the bottom of the Resonance Barrel
« Reply #37 on: <04-12-14/0753:12> »
Speaking of explosives...  There doesn't seem to be listed anywhere what the damage or rating for dynamite is.  Shame, I was hoping I could throw a stick of dynamite at someone like I was playing Fallout: New Vegas or something.
I'm Madpath Moth on reddit (and other sites).  Feel free to PM me errata questions!
Jeeze.  It would almost sound stupid until you realize we're talking about an immortal elf clown sword fighting a dragon ghost in a mall.

Carnage

• Newb
« Reply #38 on: <04-12-14/1255:15> »
Pg. 58: Argentum Coat has different stats than in the list on page 211

Pg. 104: "Dunkelzhan" when it should say "Dunkelzahn"

Pg. 54: "flare" when it should probably say "flair"
« Last Edit: <04-12-14/1301:35> by Carnage »

Cronstintein

• Chummer
« Reply #39 on: <04-12-14/1327:13> »
The example text in the martial arts section has a bouncer with multiple techniques but no martial art style which is illegal under the RAW.

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #40 on: <04-12-14/1825:22> »
Pg. 58: Argentum Coat has different stats than in the list on page 211
On page 211, the Argentum entry seems to be a copy-paste of the Ulysses entry.

The example text in the martial arts section has a bouncer with multiple techniques but no martial art style which is illegal under the RAW.
His Martial Arts isn't named, but it isn't stated that he doesn't have one, so it's not a violation of RAW. Judging from his techniques, he's a practioner of Knight Errant Tactical.
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

FangHamhands

• Newb
« Reply #41 on: <04-12-14/1920:01> »
It does say " He does not get the + 2 specialization bonus because he has not learned a specific style" which I took to mean he doesn't have a Martial Art.

JackVII

• Prime Runner
  • Ah-ah... Temper, Temper
« Reply #42 on: <04-12-14/1944:43> »
It does say " He does not get the + 2 specialization bonus because he has not learned a specific style" which I took to mean he doesn't have a Martial Art.
I asked a question in the R&G rules questions thread in the Rules sub that may touch on this. There is apparently a difference between learning a martial art and specializing in it. I don't think it is a particularly clear distinction, but it may be that they intended to write "specialized" there rather than "learned" (and/or confusion on the part of the devs where the left hand isn't talking to the right).

ETA: Here is a link to that Q&A. Given what it says in the part you have quoted, I'm still not entirely sure what RAI was as the book is saying one thing in an example and one of the freelancers is saying another.
« Last Edit: <04-12-14/1954:36> by JackVII »
|DTG|Place|Address in Brackets
"Dialogue"
PC/NPC Names
>>Matrix/Comm
"Astral"
<<Text/Email>>
Thoughts/Subvocal

Cronstintein

• Chummer
« Reply #43 on: <04-13-14/1449:55> »
I wonder if maybe they originally planned to have techniques learnable without a style and that's why it's a little garbled.

Giabralter

• Freelancer
  • Chummer
« Reply #44 on: <04-14-14/0015:03> »
I asked a question in the R&G rules questions thread in the Rules sub that may touch on this. There is apparently a difference between learning a martial art and specializing in it. I don't think it is a particularly clear distinction, but it may be that they intended to write "specialized" there rather than "learned" (and/or confusion on the part of the devs where the left hand isn't talking to the right).

ETA: Here is a link to that Q&A. Given what it says in the part you have quoted, I'm still not entirely sure what RAI was as the book is saying one thing in an example and one of the freelancers is saying another.

I see the confusion. You're right, it should be style specialization to match where Ryu has a Counter Strike specialization to show where the extra dice are coming from for the skill test.