NEWS

Expansion #1, where can I see it online?

• 12 Replies

Jamelfr

• Chummer
  • Nerps for beer. Nerps for president.
« on: <10-18-14/0301:53> »
On which publisher/vendor (or whatever it is called lol) website can I see order info about the first expansion for Shadowrun Crossfire?

Situation : I want my FLGS to order it for me, but I just want to show them first what I really want to avoid any problem (it happens...).

The Tekwych

• Omae
« Reply #1 on: <10-18-14/1140:43> »
The game design was done by Fire Opal Media but they do no sales, marketing or distribution. They're just the brains behind the scenes. Catalyst web site and the Shadowrun universe were site is behind an does not list any (most) of the currant SKUs available. FLGSs use a distributor such as Games Lore(UK), GTS, or Alliance. My FLGS gets all their Shadowrun product from Alliance and, when looking up Shadowrun: Crossfire there are only two SKUs so it should be very straight forward.

Namikaze

• Freelancer Ltd
  • Prime Runner
  • I'm a Ma'fan of Shadowrun!
« Reply #2 on: <10-18-14/1144:20> »
If all you need is cover art, I just did a Google search and this was the first hit: http://www.atomicempire.com/item.aspx?item=159007
Feel free to keep any karma you earned illicitly, it's on us.

Quote from: Stephen Covey
Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.

Jamelfr

• Chummer
« Reply #3 on: <10-18-14/1341:42> »
The game design was done by Fire Opal Media but they do no sales, marketing or distribution. They're just the brains behind the scenes. Catalyst web site and the Shadowrun universe were site is behind an does not list any (most) of the currant SKUs available. FLGSs use a distributor such as Games Lore(UK), GTS, or Alliance. My FLGS gets all their Shadowrun product from Alliance and, when looking up Shadowrun: Crossfire there are only two SKUs so it should be very straight forward.

SKU! That was the word I was searching, thank you! Alliance does not seem to have a search engine for general public, but your information helped me. I finally found the infos on this page : http://www.battlecorps.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=3353.

Some people seemed to have problems with Battlecorps, but I live in Canada so probably my store will use a different distributor.

If all you need is cover art, I just did a Google search and this was the first hit: http://www.atomicempire.com/item.aspx?item=159007

Since I will communicate to my FLGS by email, I wanted to put a link to a info page (including SKU) to avoid any problems. But inded, if I were to go order it directly to their store, Google Image would have been a good start. Thank you for your help.
« Last Edit: <10-18-14/1343:23> by Jamelfr »

Namikaze

• Freelancer Ltd
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #4 on: <10-19-14/0048:05> »
I found an alternate SKU in use at CoolStuffInc.  They list the SKU as CYT27700.

Here's a link: http://www.coolstuffinc.com/p/186441

Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.

Jamelfr

• Chummer
« Reply #5 on: <10-19-14/0210:18> »
I found an alternate SKU in use at CoolStuffInc.  They list the SKU as CYT27700.

Here's a link: http://www.coolstuffinc.com/p/186441

Thank you for the information. It might come in handy if my FLGS runs into any problem.

I do hope some other expansions would come out for Christmas. I would buy them ASAP. :)

Jamelfr

• Chummer
« Reply #6 on: <10-21-14/1934:13> »
Oh well... the store says the expansion is not available for now (out of stock).

Legit answer or maybe it is a Canadian thing (I cannot believe it is already all sold out)?

Anyway, there is another store in my town, let's try it...

Namikaze

• Freelancer Ltd
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #7 on: <10-21-14/2201:52> »
I made the offer to Pixel in a different thread, but if you are really jonesing for the pack, let me know in a PM and I'll see if I can get my FLGS to ship one your way.

Jamelfr

• Chummer
« Reply #8 on: <10-22-14/0036:47> »
I made the offer to Pixel in a different thread, but if you are really jonesing for the pack, let me know in a PM and I'll see if I can get my FLGS to ship one your way.

Yes I remember that thread. I thank you for your offer. :)

I'll probably wait however, since this is a "restock" expansion. If it was a new missions / new mechanics expansion, I would have taken your offer for sure! :)  Thank you again, it is appreciated.

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #9 on: <10-22-14/0719:01> »
If you're on Twitter, might want to check out the following promotion/contest posted on FB last night:

RT @DiceAndNames: Want to win one of these Shadowrun:Crossfire expansions? Just tweet ‪#‎RDTNCrossfire‬ to enter drawing. @catalystgamelab http://t.co/q8lVduibZj

Jamelfr

• Chummer
« Reply #10 on: <10-22-14/2000:45> »
If you're on Twitter, might want to check out the following promotion/contest posted on FB last night:

RT @DiceAndNames: Want to win one of these Shadowrun:Crossfire expansions? Just tweet ‪#‎RDTNCrossfire‬ to enter drawing. @catalystgamelab http://t.co/q8lVduibZj

Well, this is nice to see the actual physical product! Thank you for sharing this contest!

From experience, I am sure that a free item's custom fees will cost me more than the actual retail price :(  So, I wil make a special command to me FLGS and hope Catalyst Lab releases more for the coming Christmas Shopping Run (a run actually more brutal than the Extraction mission lol). Thank you again for this information.

Darn, now I have ideas for a homebrew mission themed around christmas lol.   ;D

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #11 on: <10-22-14/2127:24> »
No worries :)

If you're open to mail order, you might try either the Sentry Box in Calgary or the Hairy Tarantula in Toronto...both well stocked stores that might have a copy.

Jamelfr

• Chummer
« Reply #12 on: <10-22-14/2248:10> »
No worries :)

If you're open to mail order, you might try either the Sentry Box in Calgary or the Hairy Tarantula in Toronto...both well stocked stores that might have a copy.

Thank you for those suggestions! Mail order and non-UPS delivery are great indeed.  I will surely try to contact them if my nearby store cannot answer me soon. Thanks

I really hope the second expansion will be printed in high enough quantity. :)