NEWS

SR5 Shopping)))

• 16 Replies

RickDeckard

• Chummer
  • It can't rain all the time.
« Reply #15 on: <06-16-21/0512:51> »
This is a really nice read and fun topic mostly for fluff reasons. So many good ideas! This is how I play SINs with my home group.

You need a fake SIN to even exist unless you are so hooked up with shadow services that you can get by without accessing legal businesses. That requires a lot of contacts to handle your basic life necessities and you still can’t enter locations that require you to broadcast a SIN.

Your fake SIN rating decides what you can and cannot do (we don’t roll for everything). A rating 6 SIN is expensive and you’re not just paying for a one time service. You’re paying for someone setting up an agent to maintain your lifestyle. It goes shopping for you, pays rent for you, handles your salary and any other transactions on your account that a normal lifestyle would dictate. All this is fake of course but will require serious scrutiny to unravel. If you broadcast this SIN while performing legal actions like shopping, dining, taking a taxi, then the agent seamlessly incorporates these actions into your fake life. It lets you live a normal life without existing. Now the lower rating SINSs do less and less of this as the rating drops. A level 1 SIN just provides basic biometrics as needed for very basic yes/no SIN checks.

As for Matrix presence this is tied to the comm you use. Comms do A LOT more than just provide Matrix access and make calls. They can manage your entire life for you if you let them. Therefore you have more than one. At least one for every SIN you have and then some burners just for basic Matrix access, making shady comm calls and transferring money to credsticks.

Shopping on the Matrix can be done illegally on your SIN, but you can also use certified credsticks online. Plug into comm and shop away at any place that accept credsticks in the real world, which is pretty much any business that want to sell their goods.

Getting paid by Johnson can happen in several ways. Certified credsticks are easy, but he can also transfer money to your SIN of choice, and then you transfer that money to your credsticks and your SIN agent cobbles up a good data trail for you. Or you can use a shadow service to launder the money.

We don’t always enforce all this, mostly for occasional fluff if it makes the situation more interesting. Money is mostly just an AR swipe and they’re available on your comm.

I’d love to hear what you guys think of this.

Hanzo

• Newb
« Reply #16 on: <06-17-21/0954:31> »
I guess you you're right that mostly this money issue is a fluff. We get together to have fun to shoot some bullets and fireballs, but  not to "I spend my legwork time with an accountant advisor to fix my money question". This is real lame.

Shopping on the Matrix can be done illegally on your SIN, but you can also use certified credsticks online. Plug into comm and shop away at any place that accept credsticks in the real world, which is pretty much any business that want to sell their goods.

Getting paid by Johnson can happen in several ways. Certified credsticks are easy, but he can also transfer money to your SIN of choice, and then you transfer that money to your credsticks and your SIN agent cobbles up a good data trail for you. Or you can use a shadow service to launder the money.

We don’t always enforce all this, mostly for occasional fluff if it makes the situation more interesting. Money is mostly just an AR swipe and they’re available on your comm.
You have a one hell of a system! I do really like that!

It's always up to DM and the party to decide if they want to play all these things. Do the "laundry", pay with credsticks, or just pay via Matrix transactions.

Whaen I started playing SR5 we did just that: Do you have a SIN with Licenses? If you do - go and buy everything  (except for F-things) you have a license for from a nearby store (with the SIN Check). If you don't  - tough luck. Go to a nearest black market and try to find things you need. As for the payment: in the first case - just write the money off your character's balance; in the second cases - fight through the availability test.

SIN - is not only the Negative Quality, but it also has a lot of positive moments. Why should you play only negative side of this one? Use it for your advantage! But also face the consequences.