NEWS

Review for a Christian Theurgist mage

• 4 Replies

TW3ET

• Newb
« on: <02-17-16/1543:36> »
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B5TVD6gfA2AKOHg0QW1zR09qZlU&usp=sharing

So here is my mage I built, not sure how viable he is but I was bored and the inspiration struck me for his character. Any feedback is welcome.

ZeldaBravo

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1 on: <02-17-16/1840:16> »
Pretty good.
You could use a bit more utility spells like Levitate. An aoe debuff (Agony, Opium Den, Hot Potato etc) would be great too.
Don't get conjuring as a 2 point skill group.
3 dice is SUPER LOW for an opposed test (Pistols). You are going to hurt yourself more often than you hurt an enemy. And APDS do hurt.
Aged 1 is not that old. It's a bit over 50 IIRC.

*I have problems with clarifying my point in English, so sometimes I might sound stupid or rude.*

TW3ET

• Newb
« Reply #2 on: <02-17-16/1853:41> »
Any idea what to put the skill group points into then? I'm kinda drawing a blank. And yeah, I'm gonna rego over my spell list since I've spent some time looking at the grimoire since I made him.
Edit: I put in levitate and magic fingers, and put the skill point groups into enchanting. My best guess was either that or athletics, and athletics doen't have the stats to make it worth the points.
« Last Edit: <02-17-16/1908:19> by TW3ET »

ZeldaBravo

• Ace Runner
« Reply #3 on: <02-17-16/1925:10> »
Your best bet is a stealth group. Athletics is ok but usualy rarely used by mages. Levitate can get you out of the water or over the wall, and running just don't add a lot with your dicepools.
*I have problems with clarifying my point in English, so sometimes I might sound stupid or rude.*

ikarinokami

• Chummer
« Reply #4 on: <02-17-16/2243:30> »
I like athletics for mages. only because you probably want a bit more than 2 in stealth and disquise and palming aren't really needed. but 2 points in gymnastics, running and swimming is just about perfect for a "pure" mage.

chaos world is an excellent debuff, another great one is net bind, because you reckless case it with your aoe spell to prevent the enemy  from taking an interrupt action and running out of the target area.

mind probe is probably more useful than analyze truth.

every mage should have increase reflexes, no way around it
combat sense is also excellent

you don't need both ball lighting and fireball at the beginning, if you want two aoe, go with blast

I always recommend trid phantasm, because not ever problem can be solved with  damage, and it's such a flexible spell

other excellent can't be replicated by other means type spells
silence
sound barrier
improved invisibility
fix
turn to goo
animate
spell blades
fix
mana static