NEWS

Armor and clothing as One-size fits all?

• 19 Replies

Reaver

• Prime Runner
  • 60% alcohol 40% asshole...
« Reply #15 on: <03-03-16/1104:01> »
Just what I always wanted!

The bullet riddled, blood soaked coat off a dead guy!
Where am I going? And why am I in a hand basket ???

Remember: You can't fix Stupid. But you can beat on it with a 2x4 until it smartens up! Or dies.

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #16 on: <03-03-16/1106:05> »
Upgrading on the spot is never a good idea. At least wait until you have burned out all the little RFID markers.
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

Rift_0f_Bladz

• Ace Runner
  • Go big or DIE
« Reply #17 on: <03-04-16/1028:43> »
May not be the best idea, but it maybe what is needed at times to survive the day.
Quote- Mirikon on 7/30/2019 at 08:26:51
Agreed. This looks like a 'training wheels' edition, that you can use to introduce someone to the setting, and then shift over to something like 5E or 4E. Like how D&D 5E is best used as training wheels for D&D 3.X.

Turned in Toxshaman for ¥1 million/4 once.

Senko

• Ace Runner
« Reply #18 on: <03-05-16/0731:40> »
I always view Low as including three ish suits, the black one you wear to a funeral, the grey one you wore to every job interview you've had since you were 20, and the blue one you bought after you came into a little extra money and wore to your sister's wedding. None are tailored, they aren't expensive, but they fit well enough. Medium means you could wear the sort of suits that software designers in 90's movies wear every day to work, and you might have one or two nice suits - not the 10 000$ ones the bigwigs wear nice, but noticeably nicer then some wageslave's daily attire and they all fit well - maybe one of the real nice ones is tailored. High gets to assume you have a few of the latest and greatest coming from mortimer of london and Zoe in their closet, and update them every season (every 3-4 months, but this also assumes you only have one or two left from last season as you update, you don't get a stockpile). Luxury involves having hand-tailored clothes to your up-to-date measurements dropped off with your butler every month, and you can assume you have whatever your taste may be in the closet.

This is just based on my personal experience in the real world. The books leave lifestyle clothing vague, as far as I know, so salt to taste

There's a small section on page 217 of run faster about fashion by lifestyle. Don't want to go into too much detail but basically it say's . . .

Street/Squatter = Vendingwear which is recycled plastic with options on colour (avacado green or dirt brown) and size.
Low = Thrift store clothing, simple casual to business and knockoff brands.
Medium = Gives specific styles for business and fashion you can go up to around 500 yen max.
High = default to original tres chic clothing or go with the old world look ranging up to 1k.
Luxury = Designer clothing and can cost up to 5k.

So make of that what you will, you can live for a month at a moderate lifestyle off one of my dresses alone.

Tarislar

• Ace Runner
  • Uzi's + Fireballs .... Why I love Shadowrun!
« Reply #19 on: <03-09-16/2106:44> »
As a Human/Elf/Ork, I'd say you have to tailor/fence Dwarf Pants & anything a Troll wears.
The rest is close enough to be one size fits all.   Unless its got the Custom Fit quality of course.

But really, As GM I'd tell the guys to Fence it all, or maybe allow a D6 roll for each item & on a "Hit" of 5/6 it will fit them.
Lets face it, even in the realm of normal humans you have people going from X-Small to 5XL.