NEWS

[SR5] Half-Ork Barbarian Archetype Street/Mid Level Campaign

• 12 Replies

Bushw4cker

• Omae
« on: <02-07-14/1339:41> »
I was having fun with my Character Theme.

Street Barbarian.

He doesn't even Work Out!
« Last Edit: <02-07-14/1343:18> by Bushw4cker »
"Stupid men are often capable of things the clever would not dare to contemplate." -Terry Pratchett

Voltron64

• Newb
« Reply #1 on: <02-07-14/1400:06> »
The Enhanced Accuracy for Blades should also be figured into the combat knight's Accuracy too.

Namikaze

• Freelancer Ltd
  • Prime Runner
  • I'm a Ma'fan of Shadowrun!
« Reply #2 on: <02-07-14/1402:33> »
Again with the half-breeds.  These don't exist in Shadowrun.  This is either an Ork Poser or a Human-Looking Ork.
Feel free to keep any karma you earned illicitly, it's on us.

Quote from: Stephen Covey
Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.

Voltron64

• Newb
« Reply #3 on: <02-07-14/1407:30> »
Again with the half-breeds.  These don't exist in Shadowrun.  This is either an Ork Poser or a Human-Looking Ork.

It's mentioned in the sheet the Half-Ork is actually just a Human-Looking Ork.

Bushw4cker

• Omae
« Reply #4 on: <02-07-14/1430:03> »
The Enhanced Accuracy for Blades should also be figured into the combat knight's Accuracy too.

Hard to get anything past you!  You don't miss a thing.
"Stupid men are often capable of things the clever would not dare to contemplate." -Terry Pratchett

Bushw4cker

• Omae
« Reply #5 on: <02-07-14/1435:05> »

I know that.

I wanted to make Giant Human, but they didn't have those, so I made Giant Ork (Human Looking)

If you were an eight foot tall Human built like a Tank wouldn't you wonder if you were maybe part Ork?..

For Few characters I've made, I take poser Flaw, but do it a little different. Like one character thinks because He is so good looking he must be part elf, and insists he has some Elf blood.

Namikaze

• Freelancer Ltd
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #6 on: <02-07-14/1447:23> »
In the sheet it's listed, sure.  But in the title of the thread it says "Half-Ork Barbarian".  Since Half-Ork isn't a thing, it's a little misleading.  I'm just suggesting that Bush keeps his archetype titles in-world.

Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.

Attilatheyeon

• Newb
« Reply #7 on: <02-08-14/0118:35> »
SR doesn't have barbarians either. It's an obvious reference to D&D. Let's calm down and learn to take a joke.

Namikaze

• Freelancer Ltd
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #8 on: <02-08-14/0214:26> »
SR doesn't have barbarians either. It's an obvious reference to D&D. Let's calm down and learn to take a joke.

A) please don't pretend to know me.
B) I understand a joke.
C) when the archetypes that don't really fall into Shadowrun numbered more than 6...  it kind of stopped being a joke.

Reminder

• Omae
« Reply #9 on: <02-08-14/0247:24> »
You start with 4 points of notoriety not 3 (add 1 for criminal sin).

ZeConster

• Prime Runner
« Reply #10 on: <02-08-14/0543:33> »
Having a "half-ork barbarian" in Shadowrun isn't much of a joke. Me (as GM) making a grizzly bear barbarian for a D&D4 campaign and naming it a "barbearian" is a way better one. Heck, even me making a Gnome Barbarian in a Pathfinder campaign because we don't have to optimize to keep up is a better one.

Attilatheyeon

• Newb
« Reply #11 on: <02-08-14/0555:57> »
Ok so i don't know the OP or any of the posters. I wasn't trying to single anyone out, if it seems that way i apologize for that. All i was saying is it seems to me the OP isn't trying to make a serious character and was trying to ahare something lighthearted. If it is that then we should take it that way.

And i would like to point out the concept of a running gag, the more d&d references he, the OP, puts in a character on a shadowrun forum, the more it should be taken as a joke. Just my 2 ¥. Now if i'm totally off base i'll just go ahead and apologize now.

ProfessorCirno

• Omae
  • The strongest! The smartest! The rightest!
« Reply #12 on: <02-08-14/0745:25> »
Jesus who cares what he names the archetypes.  This is a level of pedantry that sincerely amazes me.