NEWS

Rapid Draw and Nimble Fingers

• 12 Replies

Raiderjoseph

• Omae
  • When in doubt, blame the dragons.
« on: <01-13-21/0051:03> »
Are they still in 6E? And if so do they have the same abilities? I'm updating my Gunslinger Adept to 6e.
From To<<Matrix message>>
Thoughts
Mentor
"As a Mage I have no issue with 'shoot the face first'. He deserves it and it's about time they stopped targeting me right from the go." -The Tekwych

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #1 on: <01-13-21/0254:06> »
They're not in SR6 yet, but Street Wyrd isn't out yet, so no idea if they will be. In SR5 they were in Street Grimoire after all.
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

Raiderjoseph

• Omae
« Reply #2 on: <01-13-21/0320:48> »
Thanks. I hope a new game pops up in time for it.
Thoughts
Mentor
"As a Mage I have no issue with 'shoot the face first'. He deserves it and it's about time they stopped targeting me right from the go." -The Tekwych

Stainless Steel Devil Rat

• Errata Coordinator
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #3 on: <01-13-21/1044:25> »
Are they still in 6E? And if so do they have the same abilities? I'm updating my Gunslinger Adept to 6e.

There's no such thing as Free Actions in 6e... so no the combo benefit wouldn't be the same.  (if that's the combo I'm remembering correctly, anyway)
RPG mechanics exist to give structure and consistency to the game world, true, but at the end of the day, you’re fighting dragons with algebra and random number generators.

Xenon

• Prime Runner
« Reply #4 on: <01-13-21/1254:04> »
But there are actions that cost a minor action but during specific conditions you might get a bonus minor action back.

Using a hidden arm slide, for example, cost a minor action to draw a light pistol but if wirelessly activated it also give you a bonus minor action back (which basically makes it free as long as you have that initial minor action in order to activate it).
« Last Edit: <01-13-21/1327:09> by Xenon »

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #5 on: <01-13-21/1701:54> »
I mean, a Quick Draw Holster gives a bonus Minor Action when you perform a Quick Draw, I wouldn't be surprised to see comparable stuff.
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

• Errata Coordinator
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #6 on: <01-13-21/1704:12> »
I mean, a Quick Draw Holster gives a bonus Minor Action when you perform a Quick Draw, I wouldn't be surprised to see comparable stuff.

yeah, but would you actually pay power points for that ability when you could otherwise have it for a buck seventy five nuyen?
RPG mechanics exist to give structure and consistency to the game world, true, but at the end of the day, you’re fighting dragons with algebra and random number generators.

Reaver

• Prime Runner
  • 60% alcohol 40% asshole...
« Reply #7 on: <01-13-21/1758:19> »
I think RJ is referring to a particular "trick' that involves the right equipment, right powers, and a vwry strict reading of the rules...

With all such factors at play, drawing, aiming, AND shooting all fit into a single action....

If so...
It probably won't translate over well with all the changes to passes, initiative, and edge.
Where am I going? And why am I in a hand basket ???

Remember: You can't fix Stupid. But you can beat on it with a 2x4 until it smartens up! Or dies.

Raiderjoseph

• Omae
« Reply #8 on: <01-13-21/2007:18> »
Crap. I just want to draw like Bruce Lee punches. Is the dream really dead?
Thoughts
Mentor

• Errata Coordinator
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #9 on: <01-13-21/2010:07> »
Crap. I just want to draw like Bruce Lee punches. Is the dream really dead?

The dream isn't dead in 6e, it's more of a non sequitur due to the changes in how initiative works (no more passes, everyone just goes once per turn)

Raiderjoseph

• Omae
« Reply #10 on: <01-13-21/2031:42> »
God I hope so. I guess I will wait for the Magic Book to see for sure.
Thoughts
Mentor

Xenon

• Prime Runner
« Reply #11 on: <01-14-21/0146:33> »
Drawing your Beretta 201T smartgun (and gaining edge while doing it), firing 10 bullets in controlled bursts split at multiple individual targets as well as fully reloading it after you fired can all be done with one single Major Action already now. No magic involved at all...

Hidden arm slide let you draw light pistol as a minor action and gain edge, wireless bonus to gain a free minor action while doing it
Major action to attack, full auto firing mode let you attack multiple times without minor multiple attacks action.
Linked smartguns can be reloaded as minor action, and wireless bonus to gain a free minor action while ejecting clip
« Last Edit: <01-14-21/0214:07> by Xenon »

Raiderjoseph

• Omae
« Reply #12 on: <01-14-21/0206:57> »
I know. As I am reading the rules I am getting more of an understanding. I just like the idea of a power that improves on that to bleeding edge levels. For fluff sake if nothing else.
Thoughts
Mentor