NEWS

[5eOoC] 2075/6: Stormy Waters [Persistent World; recruitment always open]

• 5046 Replies

Lusis

• Omae
« Reply #795 on: <12-02-14/0834:07> »
Well ill need to check how high her vertical jump is.

Note for the future: some form of anti-vehicle is a must. Whether it be an assault cannon, thermite/grappling hook, etc. Luz just has a miniwelder atm.
« Last Edit: <12-02-14/0836:13> by Lusis »
SpeechThought Matrix/E-mail/Texting

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #796 on: <12-02-14/0842:26> »
I don't think Alicia has done it IC but you might want to consider yourselves warned that there are incoming foes to the east of the convoy, presumably on foot... in the spirit of giving you more to worry about  :o
Excel Cha Generators <<CG5.26>> & <CG6.xx> v36

Csjarrat

• Prime Runner
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #797 on: <12-02-14/0910:21> »
i assume the decker in the LAV isn't replying to my question?
Did you expect him to?  :o   I assumed you were being sarky...I guess you could take the minigun fire as a response  ;D
it was worth a try :-)
please take one of my pre-gen attack (data spike) rolls as the rest of my action then
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor

adamu

« Reply #798 on: <12-02-14/1122:22> »
I don't think Alicia has done it IC but you might want to consider yourselves warned that there are incoming foes to the east of the convoy, presumably on foot... in the spirit of giving you more to worry about  :o

A big part of my determination not to stop for anything.

Won't have to keep going at 25-30 mph for long to leave dismounted troops in rough terrain well behind us.

8-bit

« Reply #799 on: <12-02-14/1209:12> »
Well, Ghost does have a Sniper Rifle with APDS Rounds in it. Assuming I use Bull's Eye/Double Tap, I could get quite a lot of AP from it. I don't remember if we did decide how that worked (Multiply bullet's AP, multiply base weapon's AP, something else?), but it's probably upward of -12 AP.

However, Ghost is kind of ignoring the helicopter, for now. I suppose decision time. Should I turn my attention towards the helicopter, or try and get the kids out and to safety? Note that Ghost is an absolutely awful people person.

I'm leaning towards the kids though, if only because I'll never hear the end of it from Al if I don't  ;D.

Csjarrat

• Prime Runner
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #800 on: <12-02-14/1642:39> »
i thtink you can pull called shots to specific vehicle areas too, so perhaps you could take out an intake or thruster and bring the bugger down that way?
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #801 on: <12-02-14/1737:20> »
Did you expect him to?  :o   I assumed you were being sarky...I guess you could take the minigun fire as a response  ;D
please take one of my pre-gen attack (data spike) rolls as the rest of my action then
Possibly daft question but what are you intending to spike?  The LAV is flying wifi off... there are at least 3 hidden icons in that vicinity and you can try and seek them out if you want...there will be more inbound from the on foot team... the decker may be on foot or in the LAV, who knows... oh, and re the next IC, consider yourself lucky, there was a 1 in 3 chance the decker would target you!

Csjarrat

• Prime Runner
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #802 on: <12-02-14/1744:53> »
Possibly daft question but what are you intending to spike?  The LAV is flying wifi off... there are at least 3 hidden icons in that vicinity and you can try and seek them out if you want...there will be more inbound from the on foot team... the decker may be on foot or in the LAV, who knows... oh, and re the next IC, consider yourself lucky, there was a 1 in 3 chance the decker would target you!

well i spotted the icon earlier as i fragged the rigger. with him out of the picture, the icon would have to resort to autopilot or manual control and would still be active, unless the enemy decker formed his persona on it and actively took a "hide" action.

no problems though, if i cant spot it, then i'll put my deck down for a reboot with my next pass
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor

saithor

• Omae
« Reply #803 on: <12-02-14/1823:12> »
By the time I get back, nothing to do but report the enemies. Ah well.
Dialogue
Comn
Astral
Thoughts
What's your favorite scary movie?

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #804 on: <12-03-14/0831:39> »
By the time I get back, nothing to do but report the enemies. Ah well.
There's always more to do!  ;D

well i spotted the icon earlier as i fragged the rigger. with him out of the picture, the icon would have to resort to autopilot or manual control and would still be active, unless the enemy decker formed his persona on it and actively took a "hide" action.

no problems though, if i cant spot it, then i'll put my deck down for a reboot with my next pass
Unless I've completely missed the point I thought you could take any wireless device (in this case the LAV) and simply 'turn it off' so it is no longer on the matrix?!?  I imagine anyone with an ounce of paranoia would have a big red button that allows matrix deactivation in the event of an attack?  The thing you fragged was the rigger's control deck...

Csjarrat

• Prime Runner
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #805 on: <12-03-14/1054:26> »
ah right, fair enough then. I'd misunderstood what you meant.
I'll put my device down for a reboot to clear overwatch score then and run it silent.
that'll take a full pass iirc
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor

adamu

« Reply #806 on: <12-03-14/1123:26> »
Dude, if you tore up his VCR and forced him to fly manual, heck, that's a big win for us already. Way to go.

Csjarrat

• Prime Runner
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #807 on: <12-03-14/1125:11> »
Dude, if you tore up his VCR and forced him to fly manual, heck, that's a big win for us already. Way to go.
I was hoping to do something about that minigun though lol.
My overwatch score must be pretty horrendous so its probably not a bad thing to do a reboot anyways
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #808 on: <12-03-14/1232:23> »
And that will get rid of the mark the decker just put on your deck too I believe  8)

//LAV has gone dark anyway. I'm going down for a reboot, back shortly.//
Morgan put the system down for a reboot, feeling the snap of reality his nervous system as he emerged from VR back into his meat shell.
This was starting to look really really bad and he questioned his sanity for sticking around. What the fuck had gotten these guys so hacked off with a circus of all things that a minigun armed LAV was now strafing the convoy?
I hadn't intended the LAV to turn up originally, it was transport only...at least until you pissed off the rigger  8)

Just a note, it's a smuggler vehicle...it is waaaay undergunned for a normal LAV, I'm not that nasty...  :o
« Last Edit: <12-03-14/1234:57> by Aria »

Csjarrat

• Prime Runner
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #809 on: <12-03-14/1321:27> »
Even still, 20f is quite a gun to have strapped to the front of your craft.
@team, what's your priorities for Morgan to hit?
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor