NEWS

[5eOoC] 2075/6: Stormy Waters [Persistent World; recruitment always open]

• 5046 Replies

JackVII

• Prime Runner
  • Ah-ah... Temper, Temper
« Reply #480 on: <10-17-14/1735:24> »
Right now, Harrier's plan is to sick his drones on the RV, more of a show of force than anything. He's maneuvering the Wasp between the front of the convoy and the RV. If the hijackers don't stand down, he'll shoot out the RVs tires. I should have asked from the get-go, but I hope we aren't playing with the insane R&G vehicle called shot rules, are we?
|DTG|Place|Address in Brackets
"Dialogue"
PC/NPC Names
>>Matrix/Comm
"Astral"
<<Text/Email>>
Thoughts/Subvocal

Csjarrat

• Prime Runner
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #481 on: <10-17-14/1748:26> »
I can always brick the fuck out of it if bullets don't work well
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor

JackVII

• Prime Runner
« Reply #482 on: <10-17-14/1753:59> »
That's a good idea. I was planning on a few shots across the bow. But if they don't stop and it has a wireless signal, bricking it and sending in the infantry to rescue the performers and kids is probably the best/safest option. If needed, I can hopefully keep back any ghouls that might show interest in the suddenly stopped vehicle.
"Dialogue"
PC/NPC Names
>>Matrix/Comm
"Astral"
<<Text/Email>>
Thoughts/Subvocal

Jayde Moon

• Administrator
  • Ace Runner
  • Shadowrun Missions Developer
« Reply #483 on: <10-17-14/1804:09> »
To make it fit with the flow better, I'm playing it that Rodeo isn't actually part of the run, wasn't hired for protection.  Perhaps at the end of the thread, she had a meeting with a johnson from a previous run or something, to account for receiving some manner of payment at the end.

----

Meanwhile, she's in the car where the shooting is happening and trying to get a good view, from Astral space, of what is going on.  Her meat body is being concealed by the beast spirit who will also physically defend her if she is attacked.  Depending on what she sees/what's going on in the train car, she may send the spirit back as she returns to her own body, or something else, I suppose.
That's just like... your opinion, man.

8-bit

« Reply #484 on: <10-17-14/2024:16> »
@CT

How long does it take for Ghost to get back with Luz and Flicker? Assuming everything hasn't blown up yet.

Also, I don't think Ghost knows about the RV or Harrier hasn't called in for backup, so Ghost is going straight towards the back of the train where he heard shooting.

JackVII

• Prime Runner
« Reply #485 on: <10-18-14/0050:43> »
@CT

The only thing Harrier sent was this:

<<@Team [Harrier] You blokes seeing this? Trio of clowns just boarded a Bison and it's tearing towards the front of the convoy. Acquiring a target lock and spooling up the Wasp>>

It entirely depends on how big of a threat that appears to be compared to armed clowns running amok in the cars of the train.
"Dialogue"
PC/NPC Names
>>Matrix/Comm
"Astral"
<<Text/Email>>
Thoughts/Subvocal

adamu

« Reply #486 on: <10-18-14/1646:24> »
Car 1: There is a 'clown' in the doorway with a sawn off, second blast will take out the command console as Al is sticking his head in the door...no chance of damaging Al with his uber def... I suspect he won't be long for this world but if you want to roll for him you can use the ganger on p126 of SR5. EDIT: Feel free to buy hits as I'm not around to roll...he's in cover!

Yikes!
That is a new responsibility - but if it means being able to post IC, I accept!

Sadly, Al is a lot better on defense than offense, and I am loading buckshot for killing ghouls, so that will slow me down vs. his armor jacket.

P126 + a sawn off
Assumptions: since it's a sawn off, I will go with Defiance T250 with buckshot, but it doesn't matter, since as you say he will not get a hit, even on a wide spread with bursts
You say he is in the doorway, but that he has cover - only way I can see that is if it's a body, so I'll go with that in the fluff, but I'm not going to faff with the body barrier rules (they are to his disadvantage anyway).
I'm not going to do anything creative with him, just shoot as much as he can, stopping to aim when he needs to in order to stop recoil penalties.
In the spirit of buying hits, I'll assume his average initiative, rounded up (12).
Will use his one point of Edge at the do-or-die moment, when it is use to Edge or go down.
If any of that is not cool, we can just retcon it, though I think most possible variations will yield a similar result.

So - IP1
He shoots console.
Al opens door, fires and misses.
He shoots at Al and misses

IP2
He shoots SA burst and misses
Al shoots SA burst, he ends up with 6 stun and is knocked back
He aims and shoots from floor, misses

IP3
He fires (short) SA burst, misses
Al fires SA burst and fills his Stun monitor and I think about five into his Physical.

So technically that took 9 seconds of game time - let me know if you want to compress that, or if not if I have run out too far ahead of everyone else.

Marking all the rolls used off my sheet roll post, as you've had me do in LG.
That runs me out of Initiative rolls, but will get some more up soon.

Query:
He fired once - I assume he killed Frank or Tyrone. Can I tell (from the body) which? Is HE either Frank or Tyrone with a mask on? Or was one of them out for a break?

adamu

« Reply #487 on: <10-18-14/1735:58> »
Okay, IC is up.

When Al can act again, assuming no one new starts shooting at him right away, he will get into the cab, shut and lock the doors, and take stock of the situation.

Who is here???
Is the clown someone he knows?
Is anyone alive?
How destroyed are the controls?
Did their destruction stop the vehicle? Or is it still running, but out of control?

If Meg is still hanging around, he might say something like, "Make yerself useful, hon, and see if there's anyone else 'round her fixin' ta kill ol' Al."

saithor

• Omae
« Reply #488 on: <10-19-14/1701:51> »
Here is my character sheet so far, sorry it took so long to get up. I'll have all the decisions made by day after tomorrow at the latest.

Priorities
Meta-D
Resources-E
Magic-C
Stats-B
Skills-A

Stats
Body 3
AGL 3
REA 3
STR 1 (Raise to 2 with Karma)
WIL 4
INT 6
LOG 4
CHA 4
MAGIC 6
EDG 2

Limits:
Mental: 6
Physical: 3
Social: 6

Qualities: Common Mild Allergy (+10) , Insomia (+10), Minor Addiction (Alcoholisim) (+4), A, 3xFocused Concetration (-12)

Karma 7
Raising STR to 2 (-15)
20,000 nuyen (-10)
Spell (Area Thought Recognition) -5

Skills
Conjuring Skill Group 5
Stealth Skill Group 3 2
Influence skill Group 2 0
Spellcasting 6
Counterspelling 5
Perception 5
Con 5
Arcana 4
Pistol 4
Unarmed Combat 4
Locksmith 2
Aseensing 4
Tracking 3
First Aid 2
Ritual Spellcasting 2

Knolwedge Skills

Contacts
Police Detective 3/3
Talismonger 3/3
Hacker 4/3
Fixer 3/2

Spells
Detect Life Extended
Improved Invisibility/Mask (Which one in your opinion is better?)
Combat Sense
Lightning Bolt
Heal
Area Though Recognition

Weapons
Ares Light Fire 70
-100 Regular Round
-50 Gel Rounds
-2 Spare Clips
-Concealed Holster
Lifestyle
1 Month Low Lifestyle

Armor
Lined Coat

Gear
1 Renraku Sensei Comnlink
3 Meta Link Comn Links
30 Security Tags
Bug Scanner
Monocular w/Image Link, Vision Magnification
Rating 4 Fake SIN
Crowbar
3 Rating 4 fake Liscenes (Private Investigator, Posession of a Firearm, Concealed Carry)
Rating 6 Medkit
Nuyen: 1,460
Dialogue
Comn
Astral
Thoughts
What's your favorite scary movie?

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #489 on: <10-20-14/0807:13> »
@Saithor: welcome on board!  Like Jayde I'd suggest you are hitching a ride rather than being hired to protect the convoy - unless you see yourself as one of the circus folk?  That would be fine too!  Can we have a character name and some rough background so that I can link your sheet at the front of the OoC?  Oh, and what are you allergic too?  Hope it's not volcanic ash!

Improved Invis vs Physical Mask: it's situational and I don't think one is better than the other but I'd go Physical Mask rather than Mask if you choose that route. You get a free fixer contact so you could drop that one and get both spells???

I can always brick the fuck out of it if bullets don't work well
It's a 2064 model Ford Canada Bison so throwback time!  Won't be wifi compatible... won't be compatible with bullets either :P

Okay, IC is up.

When Al can act again, assuming no one new starts shooting at him right away, he will get into the cab, shut and lock the doors, and take stock of the situation.

Who is here???
Is the clown someone he knows?
Is anyone alive?
How destroyed are the controls?
Did their destruction stop the vehicle? Or is it still running, but out of control?

If Meg is still hanging around, he might say something like, "Make yerself useful, hon, and see if there's anyone else 'round her fixin' ta kill ol' Al."

Frank and Tyrone were in the cab when the wide choke shotgun went off - neither were in armour so both are dead/in a seriously bad way! 
The clown's cover was supposed to be the door out of the cab to the rear but a body does just as well :P
The controls are fragged, the train is still moving slowly but veering off course towards the side of the road/ruined buildings
« Last Edit: <10-20-14/0811:16> by Aria »
Excel Cha Generators <<CG5.26>> & <CG6.xx> v36

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #490 on: <10-20-14/0813:12> »
@CT

How long does it take for Ghost to get back with Luz and Flicker? Assuming everything hasn't blown up yet.

Also, I don't think Ghost knows about the RV or Harrier hasn't called in for backup, so Ghost is going straight towards the back of the train where he heard shooting.
For simplicity I will assume you are more or less on station at about the same time assuming you are moving to Car 13...?  Cutter and Harrier can probably deal with the RV...

@All: I'm recruiting for 'Through the Looking Glass' on Dumpshock if anyone wants to try their hand at another one of my threads?  Adamu will be playing Al over there and the timeline will be set after CT so you could play your current characters if you wanted to or make new.  It's a data steal job so I might have to scratch my head a bit if Harrier wants to come and play  ;D

Tribes could also do with some more bodies if you wanted to create some 'street scum' characters!

All rewards are cumulative across all games (although I'd prefer it if they got balanced over multiple characters if possible but not something I'm going to enforce with any strictness...)
« Last Edit: <10-20-14/0818:40> by Aria »
Excel Cha Generators <<CG5.26>> & <CG6.xx> v36

Csjarrat

• Prime Runner
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #491 on: <10-20-14/0833:44> »
are we rolling initiative with the situation turning to a fight?
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor

8-bit

« Reply #492 on: <10-20-14/1146:23> »
@CT

are we rolling initiative with the situation turning to a fight?

I second that question.

All right, I'll write an IC to put myself just behind Luz's position then; do you want me to make anything up about what Ghost and Luz see, or do you want to make an IC post describing it? I'll go with barebones for now.

----------------------

I'm interested in those threads, so I'll see if I can come up with some character concepts. If I don't use any of the karma or money I've accumulated, will that be fine? I'm honestly thinking I'm going to stockpile it for a while until I see which characters I want to improve.

Ericen

• Chummer
« Reply #493 on: <10-20-14/1202:53> »
Well Flicker is going to free the joy girl first, more than likely but putting the throwing spike through the clowns face. Then the other 2 are going to meet my sword.

And I am Haze on dumpshock. Waiting there to see Al's play.
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

All4BigGuns

• Prime Runner
« Reply #494 on: <10-20-14/1234:46> »
Pistols 5 + Semi-Automatic specialty 2 + Agility 6 + spending Edge 5 = 18 dice.  Roll == 18d6.hitsopen(5,6)=6 Damage == 7P base with -5 AP (APDS ammo)
(SR5) Homebrew Archetypes

Tangled Currents (Persistent): 33 Karma, 60,000 nuyen