NEWS

[5eOoC] 2075/6: Stormy Waters [Persistent World; recruitment always open]

• 5046 Replies

Csjarrat

• Prime Runner
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #405 on: <10-01-14/1547:59> »
@aria, any words on the comms i tried to snoop on?
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #406 on: <10-01-14/1550:11> »
Oops, sorry, will have to get back to you on that one when I read up on comm sniffing...I'm still debating over the whole jamming issue, seems daft that you can't jam a 'link but noise can frag a decker over completely...well ish, I know there are scrubbers etc...
Excel Cha Generators <<CG5.26>> & <CG6.xx> v36

All4BigGuns

• Prime Runner
« Reply #407 on: <10-01-14/1553:32> »
hahaha, well last time I checked, you can't hack dragons. so i know what morgan would do :-) RUN!!!!!

What about a Dragon Cyber-zombie? :P
(SR5) Homebrew Archetypes

Tangled Currents (Persistent): 33 Karma, 60,000 nuyen

Csjarrat

• Prime Runner
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #408 on: <10-01-14/1558:37> »
Oops, sorry, will have to get back to you on that one when I read up on comm sniffing...I'm still debating over the whole jamming issue, seems daft that you can't jam a 'link but noise can frag a decker over completely...well ish, I know there are scrubbers etc...
i tried to lay out all my actions;
1-perception to find their links
2-hack on the fly to put a mark on each (they get a resistance test)
3-use mark to snoop comms

fork program allows me to target two icons simultaneously and i'm running signal scrub for -2 noise and a datajack to push it up to -3 noise reduction total.
thanks!
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor

8-bit

« Reply #409 on: <10-01-14/1605:26> »
hahaha, well last time I checked, you can't hack dragons. so i know what morgan would do :-) RUN!!!!!

What about a Dragon Cyber-zombie? :P

I can't even imagine how long of a campaign you could get out of that. That is pretty epic. Although Cyber-zombies aren't exactly hackable per se.

@Aria

Oh sure, I would probably be dead if I tried to fight it. I'm just saying that if we managed to ambush one before it could notice anything, then I could damage it.

Lusis

• Omae
« Reply #410 on: <10-01-14/1700:31> »
So as far as the gangers. I think our faces should follow Oblique's advice as to contacting the real Ancients bosses. Toss this punk a paltry token (enough to get shot over). Then brick all the bikes and leave them walking home in the ash. If they follow us they better have Docwagon. Bien?
SpeechThought Matrix/E-mail/Texting

8-bit

« Reply #411 on: <10-01-14/1702:35> »
So as far as the gangers. I think our faces should follow Oblique's advice as to contacting the real Ancients bosses. Toss this punk a paltry token (enough to get shot over). Then brick all the bikes and leave them walking home in the ash. If they follow us they better have Docwagon. Bien?

The only question is do we want an example made of the leader, or an example made of the leader? I can either pretty badly wound him, or I can blow his head off his shoulders. You guys decide which is more effective.

Csjarrat

• Prime Runner
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #412 on: <10-01-14/1748:58> »
i think the JFK effect would probably be the more effective myself
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor

adamu

« Reply #413 on: <10-01-14/1816:31> »
Guess I'll throw my two cents in.

If it is talk, and it does seem to be going that way, then do everything possible to avoid anyone losing face.
Any talking that leaves any party pissed off is a failed talk.

Lusis

• Omae
« Reply #414 on: <10-01-14/1840:05> »

A bullet in the back of the head at 100 yards?

8-bit

« Reply #415 on: <10-01-14/1846:09> »

Well depending on enviromental modifiers, I would be shooting 13 dice with a called shot to the neck. If I just use vitals to put it in the front of his head and out the back I'm looking at 17 dice. Both would be fairly shocking and effective IMO. The neck one might not kill (might), but the vitals one is almost guaranteed to kill. 15P damage before net hits is a pain to soak.

Lusis

• Omae
« Reply #416 on: <10-01-14/1855:36> »
Ok, so course of action #2:

We contact the Ancients' headshed through Torrent, offer Lucifer some of the Pure directly, with the added insight that his boys here want it for themselves. Then we offer free tickets, give the goods at the show. Give them the promise that if he wants more, he can do business with Oblique/Torrent, who will undoubtedly favor the increased demand (as well as profit). Then, we brick everything and offer these fucktards a ride( if Lucifer doesn't want them dead first).

Better?

ETA: I still don't know what the JFK effect is.

All4BigGuns

• Prime Runner
« Reply #417 on: <10-01-14/1928:39> »

Well depending on enviromental modifiers, I would be shooting 13 dice with a called shot to the neck. If I just use vitals to put it in the front of his head and out the back I'm looking at 17 dice. Both would be fairly shocking and effective IMO. The neck one might not kill (might), but the vitals one is almost guaranteed to kill. 15P damage before net hits is a pain to soak.

You're making me want to switch Cutter out for Hammer with his 16P Combat Axe and 14P punch. :/
(SR5) Homebrew Archetypes

Tangled Currents (Persistent): 33 Karma, 60,000 nuyen

8-bit

« Reply #418 on: <10-01-14/1942:33> »
You're making me want to switch Cutter out for Hammer with his 16P Combat Axe and 14P punch. :/

Sorry I guess. My guy is just really good at shooting and really likes to do it.

@Lusis

I like the plan quite a bit. Especially since it forces the Ancients to do what we want, rather than the other way around.

I'm assuming by the JFK effect he means either the surprise of the shot to the back of the head, or the fact that he was shot in the throat, then the back, then the neck. That is probably incredibly violent and gory if you imagine it properly. Makes for a good example. I don't know if I can shoot that many times before they notice something though.

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #419 on: <10-02-14/0820:47> »
Ok, so course of action #2:

We contact the Ancients' headshed through Torrent, offer Lucifer some of the Pure directly, with the added insight that his boys here want it for themselves. Then we offer free tickets, give the goods at the show. Give them the promise that if he wants more, he can do business with Oblique/Torrent, who will undoubtedly favor the increased demand (as well as profit). Then, we brick everything and offer these fucktards a ride( if Lucifer doesn't want them dead first).

Better?

ETA: I still don't know what the JFK effect is.
Now there in lies a plan!
« Last Edit: <10-03-14/0832:49> by Aria »
Excel Cha Generators <<CG5.26>> & <CG6.xx> v36