NEWS

[5eOoC] 2075/6: Stormy Waters [Persistent World; recruitment always open]

• 5046 Replies

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #225 on: <09-23-14/1442:54> »
IC up...

I haven't had time to write up the seer's vision, will try and get to it soon or at the very least give you an OoC breakdown and leave you to fill in the suitably vague and annoying hints :D

10 bikers might not seem much of a threat but then it depends what they want...and whether there are more of them!  You lot are in charge now, Oblique isn't going to give orders in a 'threat situation'
Excel Cha Generators <<CG5.26>> & <CG6.xx> v36

8-bit

« Reply #226 on: <09-23-14/1516:28> »
@CT

I'm moving my way towards the North side of the train (I may as well ask, is that the front of the first train? Orientation would be useful to know). I'm assuming I'll have a little time to check the bikers out, so I'm going to cycle through my Low-light and Thermographic Vision and take a few perception checks (I also have Vision Magnification if that matters). I'm obviously looking for weapons and if there are any more reinforcements behind them. Harrier did mention that the ash was screwing with his distance calculations, so I'm going to be especially thorough. I don't know how many you want, but here's what I'm looking for in priority.

- Confirm number and check for hidden hostiles
- Check for weapons
- Confirm race
- Look for some identifier to bounce off of someone for confirmation on which gang it is

I'll do 2 perception checks, 1 for Low-light, 1 for Thermographic. Add or subtract dice as you see fit.

Low-light perception on bikers: 16d6t5 6 [5, 2, 1, 3, 4, 3, 5, 5, 3, 6, 2, 6, 4, 6, 2, 1]
Thermographic perception on bikers: 16d6t5 4 [6, 2, 4, 3, 2, 5, 4, 2, 2, 3, 2, 2, 1, 2, 6, 6]

JackVII

• Prime Runner
  • Ah-ah... Temper, Temper
« Reply #227 on: <09-23-14/1521:21> »
@CT

It should be north. The 161, which I believe we are traveling on, runs North/South and Loveland is pretty much due north of Tarislar (slightly to the west). I threw in the unknown distance thing because Aria didn't mention it and I thought it would be weird for me to not provide that as a scout.
|DTG|Place|Address in Brackets
"Dialogue"
PC/NPC Names
>>Matrix/Comm
"Astral"
<<Text/Email>>
Thoughts/Subvocal

Lusis

• Omae
« Reply #228 on: <09-23-14/1643:10> »
Btw how much space is in-between the trains from cab to caboose? Are there any other vehicles in-between?
SpeechThought Matrix/E-mail/Texting

Csjarrat

• Prime Runner
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #229 on: <09-23-14/1834:54> »
@GM, apologies but Morgan is very much from the "shoot first" school of hard knocks. I've initiated Matrix combat and rolled for initiative in my post
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor

8-bit

« Reply #230 on: <09-23-14/1849:47> »
@GM, apologies but Morgan is very much from the "shoot first" school of hard knocks. I've initiated Matrix combat and rolled for initiative in my post

Old habits die hard, eh?

I would initiate physical combat but I want to see what I'm dealing with here.

Edit: Considering Al at least is getting ready for combat; I think it's likely Ghost will too. I'm assuming he has at least 6 seconds though to do a sweep and come to a conclusion, so I can probably work that out in IC after hearing back from Aria.
« Last Edit: <09-23-14/1852:24> by 8-bit »

Csjarrat

• Prime Runner
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #231 on: <09-23-14/1903:00> »
Yup! Morgan isn't really used to playing at being a spider and I figure it's more thematic for us to be an uncoordinated rabble at this stage. Hopefully after a few encounters we'll start to gel more and our leadership structure will develop and start to shape our decision making more
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor

8-bit

« Reply #232 on: <09-23-14/1904:52> »
Yup! Morgan isn't really used to playing at being a spider and I figure it's more thematic for us to be an uncoordinated rabble at this stage. Hopefully after a few encounters we'll start to gel more and our leadership structure will develop and start to shape our decision making more

It's all good, I think it's really fun. As long as we understand everything is just to be in character, then I love people being rebellious and uncoordianted.

Csjarrat

• Prime Runner
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #233 on: <09-23-14/1908:18> »
Yeah, I think going forwards we could do with someone with the leadership skill take on a sergeant type role, acting a bit as command in combat situations. In game terms it tends to be a face character or techno that ends up with leadership skill due to skill group selection
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor

8-bit

« Reply #234 on: <09-23-14/1910:16> »
Yeah, I think going forwards we could do with someone with the leadership skill take on a sergeant type role, acting a bit as command in combat situations. In game terms it tends to be a face character or techno that ends up with leadership skill due to skill group selection

So, not the asocial sniper? I tend to agree with you! Have to admit I was surprised to be "leading" (and I use the term loosely) so far.

Zweiblumen

• Ace Runner
« Reply #235 on: <09-23-14/1915:53> »
@CT
As I said earlier, I don't have a problem "leading"  BT has Leadership.  That said, I kinda like the rabble rousing and chaos this group has so far.

BT is going to interrupt is conversation and hit the matrix to work with Morgan on taking out some of these bikes/weapons.
Speech, Thoughts, Comm/Text, Subvocal

adamu

« Reply #236 on: <09-23-14/1920:31> »
@Aria

Using the scope on his rifle, Al will try to get an actual visial as soon as he can (perception pre-rolled). Now that we've established Al knows the go-gangs in the area, will try to spot colors/prominent individuals so I can brief Ghost on what to expect if he talks to them.

Zweiblumen

• Ace Runner
« Reply #237 on: <09-23-14/1929:31> »
@Aria pulling rolls from earlier posts
VR Init:

CT1:
AP1:
Free Action: Send Message
Complex Action: Compile Sprite
http://forums.shadowruntabletop.com/index.php?topic=17794.msg317889#msg317889
5 hits on compile
4 hits on soaking fade.
Speech, Thoughts, Comm/Text, Subvocal

Lusis

• Omae
« Reply #238 on: <09-23-14/1952:40> »

8)
SpeechThought Matrix/E-mail/Texting

JackVII

• Prime Runner
  • Ah-ah... Temper, Temper
« Reply #239 on: <09-23-14/2002:27> »
@CT

Pre-Gen Initiative: 9+4d6 → [9,2,1,2,3] = (17)

CT1, IP1 (17)
Complex Action - Control Vehicle

CT1, IP2 (7)
Simple Action - Active Sensor Lock: 16d6.hits(5) → [5,5,4,5,6,6,4,5,1,5,3,1,1,4,2,4] = (7)
Simple Action - Take Aim (+1 Dice/+1 Limit)

Not as quick on the trigger as some of his fellows, Harrier is going to use his first IP to control his chopper, as required to avoid the vehicle being uncontrolled and possibly crashing. His next IP, he's going to acquire an Active Sensor Lock on a random bike (or any particularly dangerous bike that has been identified to him), then Take Aim.
|DTG|Place|Address in Brackets
"Dialogue"
PC/NPC Names
>>Matrix/Comm
"Astral"
<<Text/Email>>
Thoughts/Subvocal