NEWS

[IC] Umbrae Europae (Chapter 2) - Running Coyote

• 358 Replies

belaran

• Omae
« Reply #225 on: <03-16-17/0731:06> »
[spoiler]
@Jack_Spade : roll Perception + Intuition [Mental] (+/- any type of Perception Bonuses you may have - but do specify the sense used)
@Haywire: Do you want to do anything special as you get closer to Mohange ?
[/spoiler]

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #226 on: <03-16-17/0912:31> »
[spoiler]
Listening and Visual are both on the same level:
Int 9 + Skill 6 + Audio/Visual Enhancement 3

Perception check: 18d6t5 7 [18d6t5=4, 6, 2, 6, 6, 4, 5, 4, 6, 5, 4, 3, 1, 2, 4, 3, 1, 5]

Without matrix connection it's only 6 successes

[/spoiler]

Rex couldn't help it - this body's instinctive reaction to danger was to growl and that he did. Something was out there, he was sure of it.
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

Haywire

• Omae
« Reply #227 on: <03-16-17/1713:53> »

"Usually, no signal means something really bad. The AI is in a VTOL, I should see it by now..."

[spoiler]Teamwork test from Sekretar: 3d6t5 2
Teamwork test from Deck: 9d6t5 5
Matrix Perception: 20d6t5 5
EW throught the sensors: 19d6t5 9[/spoiler]
«Never, ever, cut a deal with a dragon.»

belaran

• Omae
« Reply #228 on: <03-17-17/2121:43> »
Again Waywalker is doing an excellent job negotiating the road - or more exactly what is left of it, to get to a fair compromise between crashing into one of the twisted tree surrounding it, and moving at decent pace. Quite soon, the runners arrives close enough to Mohrange to see the outskirts of the town. On the radar front, spotting the VTOL was not as easy as Waywalker first assume, of course, the amount of the radiation is the area is messing with most of the signals, but also Bernie's vehicle has been laced with a large mount of signature masking - making it almost impossible to detect...

[spoiler]
@Haywire sadly, Signature Masking is a penalty to the dice pool (-6d) so it can't be applied after the fact. Also radiation would applied an extra  penalty of -4d. If you really want to spot where the VTOL is at you can try again, but be aware that your remaining success will be opposed to the ones of Racer's  Sneak + Intuition[Handling] roll (IA certainly does not want to be spot by anyone), so it might be fruitless.
[/spoiler]

A long time ago, Mohrange used to be a nice, little town in the north of France. Now, it looked more than deserted, it looks dead. Going through the empty street, it seems like that not only people left, but civilization itself end here a while back. Most building have been stripped to the bones, and the wilderness have already reclaimed most of the city surroundings. Only the heart of the little town, comes out of the massive, and twisted, trees that all but eaten her. The place is certainly eery.

Strangely enough, as the Waywalker's van is getting closer to the heart of the little town, the road gets even less even, forcing to slow down a bit. As the vehicle is zigzagging through urban jungle, the level of noise outside is also tuning down. The SOX is indeed surprisingly green and lively place. The trip up to the little town happened with constant background of animals noise, and the van sensor always picked movement, in the nearby bushes, generally jumping (or slithering) away from both the road and the van. But the minute the van is getting into the small town, all echoes on the sensor seems to fade away...

Haywire

• Omae
« Reply #229 on: <03-18-17/1152:54> »
[spoiler]EW throught the sensors: 9d6t5 2
Matrix Perception: 8d6t5 2
[/spoiler]

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #230 on: <03-18-17/1200:32> »
[spoiler]
Does Rex' see/hear anything with the 6 (possibly 7) successes

[/spoiler]

<<I could send the Kami to scout ahead but I'm reluctant to do so in case we are attacked. Let's keep moving - we have an address after all.>>

talk think matrix

belaran

• Omae
« Reply #231 on: <03-18-17/1258:18> »
[spoiler]
@Jack_Spade the perception test gives you the very bad feeling about Mohange. Nothing specific sadly, but you can certainly realize this is more than a bad feeling with that much success.

Racer flies beneath the rader: 12d6t5 3
[/spoiler]

Clearly, Racer knows what it is doing - or it has not yet leaved its hideout (unlikely), because despite all his skills, Waywalker can not yet spot it at the meeting point, a few kilometers behind Mohange. There is some glimpse of activity toward Metz, where the VTOL was hidden - probably the military envoy the runner heard about earlier, but it is hard to say without spending more time tuning the sensor for this.

As the van gets closer to the city center, the roads behind it suddenly shifts, cracking open the asphalt, just beneath Waywalker's wheels! The rigger piloting test are certainly put to a test here

[spoiler]

OOC - you are targeted by the equivalent of an Accident power, @Waywalker, please roll Reaction + Intuition [Handling] oppose to:
Accident: 18d6t5 6
[/spoiler]

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #232 on: <03-18-17/1408:03> »
[spoiler]
Wow, that's a damn dangerous spirit working against us. :o

Luckily I've asked my spirit to guard us against attacks from the astral - and the Guard Power neatly neutralizes accident, but costs me a service...

[/spoiler]

A sudden gale wind prevented the car from sliding to the side, stabilizing it and keeping it on the road.
Rex heard the Kami's voice in his mind:
'Know this mortal, the cursed ones are seeking your demise. Leave this place at once for I am no match to the powers at work here.'
'Thank you, oh Son of the Eastwind, we are nearly at our destination and we'll be out of here as soon as we can. For now I bid you to do what you can to keep us safe just a bit longer.'

talk think matrix

Haywire

• Omae
« Reply #233 on: <03-19-17/0634:48> »

The earth itself was trying to kill them. Something prevented them to be buried in the ground, and Waywalker saw Rex concentrating.
"Rex, now I owe you two soybeer or the like..."
He tried to speed up the van to get to the address ASAP.

[spoiler]pilot groundcraft (jumped in): 14d6t5 5[/spoiler]

belaran

• Omae
« Reply #234 on: <03-19-17/1158:30> »
[spoiler]
Just to be sure : are you going "forward" through the (dangerous) city - as Waywalker is implying - or do you "retreat" (as I understand the comment from Rex ?
[/spoiler]

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #235 on: <03-19-17/1241:11> »
[spoiler]
As far as I'm concerned we'll try to power through - unless of course there is an alternate route to our destination
[/spoiler]
talk think matrix

belaran

• Omae
« Reply #236 on: <03-19-17/1748:21> »
[spoiler]
There is always an alternatives road - if nothing else, you can go off road, but for sure going around Mohange will take more time.
[/spoiler]

Haywire

• Omae
« Reply #237 on: <03-19-17/1911:46> »
[spoiler]I'd stick with the plan and go through the city.[/spoiler]

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #238 on: <03-20-17/0716:38> »
<<All in a days work. But we should really get out of here asap. Once my Kami is done with his services, I might have trouble calling another one, so we better hurry and get to our destination on the most direct way possible.>>
Rex shuffled to the front of the van and found his place on the passenger seat, securing himself with the seatbelt using his teeth.
talk think matrix

belaran

• Omae
« Reply #239 on: <03-23-17/0227:38> »
Rex's Kami replies to him, as the van makes a foray inside the abandonned town:

'Oh, master and yielder of magic, I'll do my best to push back the assault of the angry Kami owning this place. Be beware that his spirit is twisted and confuse, but his powers are great'

Thanks to the Kami, the road stops twisting and tearing itself apart in front of Waywaler. However, the gigantic root going through what used to be shops and café, are now suddenly become alive and jump at the van, try to either grab it or jam it.

[spoiler]
Animated giant roots strike at Waywalker van: 17d6t5 9

(and sorry for the delay)
[/spoiler]