Shadowrun Missions Living Campaign > Living Campaign Discussion

A beef with some missions: Amount of Pay

<< < (2/18) > >>

Turtletron:

--- Quote from: The Masked Ferret on ---I have been running missions for 4-5 years now, and I just ran 5 games at Dragon*Con here in Atlanta, GA. One of the things that bothered me is that some of the missions will pay out X * (TR) per person (explicitly), and others simply pay X *(TR) total. No difference in the amount if you are running a table of 4 or a table of eight. Should the pay always be scaled per person? Should I go ahead and run it that way even if the module does not say 'per person'?

--- End quote ---

I usually scale the pay depending on how many runners are in the run.

DarkLloyd:

--- Quote from: Turtletron on ---
--- Quote from: The Masked Ferret on ---I have been running missions for 4-5 years now, and I just ran 5 games at Dragon*Con here in Atlanta, GA. One of the things that bothered me is that some of the missions will pay out X * (TR) per person (explicitly), and others simply pay X *(TR) total. No difference in the amount if you are running a table of 4 or a table of eight. Should the pay always be scaled per person? Should I go ahead and run it that way even if the module does not say 'per person'?

--- End quote ---

I usually scale the pay depending on how many runners are in the run.

--- End quote ---
Just thought I'd chime in here. Even thought it would be a detrement to me as a player, I've Always liked the idea the the johnson just has "This" much cash for a job. No matter if one guy does the job for all the pay or you round up a gang of fifty and get bus fare. The one guy will have to work his hoop of for every cent of that cash and prolly come close to being dead, but the gang of fifty will roll the job in a half hour....
I just look at it as a juggleing game Safety or money, which do you want?

Bull:
Lloyd:  I often run like that for my home games.  For Missions though, you have no contriol over how many players will end up at a table.  We write for 6, and I know at some conventions, GMs are willing to fit in as many as 8 (We have crazy amounts of people showing up for SR events :)), but on some occasions you end up stuck with 3 or 4.  It's the luck of the draw.  So you can't really write and run Missions like that, because it's not the players choice, most of the time.

DarkLloyd:

--- Quote from: Bull on ---Lloyd:  I often run like that for my home games.  For Missions though, you have no contriol over how many players will end up at a table.  We write for 6, and I know at some conventions, GMs are willing to fit in as many as 8 (We have crazy amounts of people showing up for SR events :)), but on some occasions you end up stuck with 3 or 4.  It's the luck of the draw.  So you can't really write and run Missions like that, because it's not the players choice, most of the time.

--- End quote ---
Actually, I Have noticed it run like that. We are one of those bigger groups and, not very often mind you, we have hit a run or so that we each got less from the norm because of the size of our group. I actually think those times have more to do with confusion on the GM's part, but we usually make up for it in looting. We're like Kinder, the whole lot of us.  ;)

The Masked Ferret:

--- Quote from: DarkLloyd on --- I actually think those times have more to do with confusion on the GM's part, but we usually make up for it in looting. We're like Kinder, the whole lot of us.  ;)

--- End quote ---

If you are with the group I think you are with, then the average kinder would look upon you with awe and wonder, as if you were a pantheon. You guys put the larcen in larceny.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version