NEWS

[IC] New Beginnings

• 1545 Replies

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #540 on: <02-28-13/1555:09> »
"If he is willing to do business, the fella I am thinking of has quite a collection, should have no trouble finding what you need, he even has some vehicles if I am not mistaken.  His family was involved in reclaiming the proving grounds, so they even have some antique UCAS hardware." as they pull up to the office, the lawman makes one more attempt, "I am good at reading folks Sam, but I ain't one to pry, folks out here know to leave well enough alone when they aren't wanted."
« Last Edit: <02-28-13/1557:16> by Crossbow »

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #541 on: <02-28-13/1606:08> »
The girl, Melissa Blue Sky, thanks Sammy and leaves with a human woman, they get in a car and slowly pull around the corner.

Sammy started to wrap up, claiming she had some more work to do as she had to check out a couple of things, but staying deliberately vague.  She thanked the diner chef for the meal and told them they might be back, before going out and also going around the corner.
There she got into the car that was waiting.
"Okay, lead the way," she said.

[spoiler]
I assume they just waited around the corner, otherwise I'll walk a bit further.
[/spoiler]

Melissa and the human, who you learn is her nene, but doesn't seem to speak english, drive Sammy and Heron out of town to a small house off a dirt road.  There is a Growler parked next to the building, it is otherwise fairly unremarkable.

After a short talk between the two amerinds Melissa turns around and says "Matty is in the house, but nene would rather not have you in, she hasn't cleaned up, you want some tea?"  She points to a set of lawn furniture.

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #542 on: <02-28-13/1618:24> »
The Pow-wow is a hole in the wall, quite a familiar looking haunt for O'Connor, but probably below standard for the rest of you.  The crowd would be the typical group you would expect in such a low rent establishment during the day, hard drinkers and a few toughs with nothing better to do.  Eddie is easy to spot at the bar, as you enter en masse he looks startled but exchanges looks with a few of the other denizens, then head waves you to a booth in the back.

As with the diner, you are the only non-Amerinds in the joint.

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #543 on: <02-28-13/1747:33> »
O'Connor scanned the room as he entered the dive, Finally, someplace seedy and run down. He nodded to Eddie and made his way to the back booth. He casually took a seat, "What's up? Eddie, right?"
"Speech" *Thought* <Matrix> ~Astral~

Characters

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #544 on: <02-28-13/1921:24> »
Clementine went into the bar with the rest. The smell of cheap alcohol slapping her in the face as she opened the doors, she easily spotted Eddie. Eddie motioned for them to go to the back, but Clementine told her teammates she would stay at the bar, close enough to reach the gang quickly if something was to turn south, but far enough to give the people speaking some private space. She asked the bartender for some cranberry juice or something without any booze in it, and began sipping her drink quietly, gauging the other patrons.

[SPOILER]Basically looking for anybody that might be packing, so she knows who to watch out for before anything happens.
Perception 3 + Intuition 4 + Perceptive 2 + Actively looking 3 (12d6.hits(5)=3)[/SPOILER]
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #545 on: <02-28-13/1929:46> »
"Hey thanks for comin' down, The Bear can be a real pain sometimes." Eddie sits at the booth with you, "Looked to me like you could use some help, and I figured when I heard you folks might be bringing the bright lights to town I figured a good business arrangement could be made, movie people like to party, am I right?"

Novocrane

• Ace Runner
« Reply #546 on: <02-28-13/2139:20> »
Suppressing the thought that killing Eddie now might get them out of here that much quicker, Ikari took a seat opposite the dealer. With the other two doing the talking, he took in the layout of the place, paying attention to the locals Eddie had looked to when they entered.

[spoiler]Pow-Wow Perception test: "a few of the other denizens" (14d6.hits(5)=4)[/spoiler]

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #547 on: <02-28-13/2149:43> »
As the group was walking into what he would have to be feeling charitable to call a "bar", Fionn took a good look around to make sure he had the lay of the land.

Time to start grabbing every edge I can get.  First thing he did was scan around the place, looking for the guy who'd asked for the meet.  Having found him, he tried to track down his commlink - and found nothing.  Figure running in hidden will keep you from getting hacked, eh?  That's adorable.

"I could use a hand here, hunter.  This guy seems to think he can keep his commlink hidden from me.  Imagine you could find it without even trying."  For a few seconds after he'd spoken, he didn't get a response and wondered if he'd been heard; yet suddenly his perceptions flooded as he picked up on every hidden node in range, not 10 seconds after his call had gone out.  "It is done."  The sprite sounded almost amused, as if it found it funny to be called upon for something so trivial.

Focusing in on Eddie's PAN, Fionn took a moment to gather some details on its defenses, deciding whether it would be wise of him to hack in.  Seeing its poor defenses, he decided to call for an ally that could sneak in like a thief in the night.  Though he felt it fight his summons, the sprite came to him none the less, appearing in his vision as a thing of pure shadow, though it took the shape of a raven.  "What would you ask of me?  Be thou quick!"

Fionn took a moment to consider the exact terms of his request.  "I ask that you procure for me access to the commlink in this man's possession," he graphically indicated that he was talking about Eddie, "While endeavoring to prevent his becoming aware of the intrusion.  It should be a simple enough task."  The raven vanished from his vision and set about its work.

Nodding to Eddie as he motioned them to the booth, Fionn walked over, taking note of where Clem positioned herself.  Far enough off to be out of the way, close enough to help if everything goes sideways.  Smart.  He realized, though, that they'd need to be able to communicate somehow, at least in simple terms, so he leaned in close and made like he was reading a drink menu.  "Watch my hands," he whispered, "I'll wave you over if we need the money, and if I pinch the bridge of my nose it means trouble's about to start.".  With that he shrugged his shoulders as though he didn't see anything that interested him and began building a construct to help him get the job done right, based on the empathy software he'd heard of diplomats and high stakes negotiators using to aid their work, walking to the booth as he did so.  Sliding into the booth before O'Connor, so as to give him an easier time getting out in case of a problem, he relaxed back into the seat and run through a couple of options in his head for how to steer the conversation before Eddie sat down.  Realizing he'd already been heard speaking in his natural accent (and that some of the same people from the diner might be here), he thought better of affecting a Seattle accent.

"They can be a pretty excitable lot sometimes, certainly.  Doesn't hurt that some of the actors like to 'augment' their performances, if you grok what I'm saying.  Can't really make much of an arrangement until I know what you have to offer, though; what sort of 'help' are you talking about?"  He put a little weight on the word "help" so as to make it plain that he knew the man meant drugs, but needed to know what sort.  No point going through all of this if the guy couldn't get O'Connor what he needed.

[spoiler]
Lots of rolls on this one.

Detect Hidden Node targeted at Eddie to find his commlink. Complex Action, threshold 4. (12d6.hits(5)=3) SR4A 230

Extended test to detect hidden nodes in area due to failure on previous roll. Interval 1 Combat Turn, threshold 15. (12d6.hits(5)=6, 12d6.hits(5)=6, 12d6.hits(5)=3, 12d6.hits(5)=4, 12d6.hits(5)=2, 12d6.hits(5)=4, 12d6.hits(5)=7, 12d6.hits(5)=5, 12d6.hits(5)=5, 12d6.hits(5)=1) SR4A 230

Threading test for Analyze (6d6.hits(5)=2) SR4A 240

Fading Resistance DV 2S (12d6.hits(5)=3) SR4A 243

Matrix Perception Test on Eddie's Commlink (6d6.hits(5)=3) SR4A 228.  With 3 hits, I can ask for three details.  In this case, I'll go for its Firewall rating, System rating, and let's say current subscriptions?

Crack Sprite Compile, Compiling Resistance, Fading Resistance (12d6.hits(5)=4, 5d6.hits(5)=3, 12d6.hits(5)=4) SR4A 240 & 243

In keeping with the task Fionn outlined, the sprite will attempt to get access to the system (Hack on the Fly, SR4A 235), then create a hidden access point (UN 97-98) so that I can get into the system without risking an alert against me.

Hack on the Fly (10d6.hits(5)=2, 10d6.hits(5)=3)

Sprite gets in on its second IP, commlink gets to roll Firewall+Analyze twice to attempt to spot it.  If the two add up to 5 hits, an alert would be triggered - however, due to the Suppression power, it is delayed for 3 Combat Turns.

Matrix Perception test to determine if an alert has been triggered. (10d6.hits(5)=3)

After getting in, the sprite checks if it triggered the alert or not.  If not, it will begin the extended test to create an access point.

Threading Test for Empathy Software (6d6.hits(5)=4) SR4A 240, AR60

Fading Resistance Test DV 4S (12d6.hits(5)=5) SR4A 243

Con test. (10d6.hits(5)=4)
[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: <02-28-13/2254:18> by RHat »
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #548 on: <03-01-13/0313:43> »
"No problem," Sammy said as she went to the lawn furniture, taking a seat that looked towards the house, "and no on the tea.  If I drink tea I always have to go to the bathroom too often, and my companions don't really like that they have to stop every 15 minutes."

She did a quick assensing on Melissa, Nene and as soon as he came out, Matty.

[spoiler]
intuition 3 + assensing 3 =6 (Melissa, Nene and Marty) (6d6.hits(5)=1, 6d6.hits(5)=3, 6d6.hits(5)=3)
[/spoiler]
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"

Thvor

• Omae
« Reply #549 on: <03-01-13/1058:21> »
"If he is willing to do business, the fella I am thinking of has quite a collection, should have no trouble finding what you need, he even has some vehicles if I am not mistaken.  His family was involved in reclaiming the proving grounds, so they even have some antique UCAS hardware." as they pull up to the office, the lawman makes one more attempt, "I am good at reading folks Sam, but I ain't one to pry, folks out here know to leave well enough alone when they aren't wanted."

How do you get to be sheriff if you're not willing to pry into stuff and find out what's going on? Sam thought to himself in surprise. If all the lawmen are like this, I could really like it out here. Better to drop it for now, though.

Sam got out of the sheriff's vehicle and followed him into his office, looking around as he did so.
[spoiler]Perception roll (visual): 12d6.hits(5)=1

:o Wugh. What a pitiful result. No glitch; that's something, I guess.
[/spoiler]
Colors: Speech Thoughts Matrix Astral

Like sci-fi/fantasy? Check out my wife's books!

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #550 on: <03-01-13/2337:45> »
Melissa and Matty come out shortly, as Heron also takes a seat.  Matty seems puzzled and then is really confused when Melissa introduces Sammy.

"I told her that you used to work with some of those guys before you got arrested Matty, seemed like they were looking for someone that knew about smuggling, maybe you can be in the show!"

The older ork didn't look as sure, but he had a gleam of hope in his eye as he said, "Yeah I worked on a crew, even did a little repair work on a few T-Birds, but I got out that life, I don't wanna go back to jail." 

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #551 on: <03-01-13/2345:09> »
John Running Bear parks himself behind his desk as he makes his call.  The station is a small affair, lock-up in back, the lady on the dispach is nice enough, nothing remarkable.

He comes out shortly, "We are in luck, the guy is willing to see you this afternoon, we can go right now if you like, do you need to check in with the rest of your group?"

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #552 on: <03-01-13/2358:46> »
Back at the Pow-wow Eddie looks excited, "Whatever you need I can get it, and I am probably the only one in town who can.  I got a few things on hand, Betel, Long Haul, Zen, and some local stuff like our granpas used to do on the rez, but I got a hook up in Seattle, so if you want it, consider the pharmacy open."

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #553 on: <03-02-13/0005:23> »
Damn, knew he'd turn out to be connected.  Got to be careful not to promise anything...

"It's done. Fionn felt his link to the raven-sprite vanish.

"Well, I can't talk business without some notion of the quality of your product - no offense meant, I've just got to know the landscape before I throw my chips in.  Given what you've got on you..."  Fionn acted like he was thinking about something while he snuck into Eddie's commlink though the access point his sprite had created for him.  "Best sample might be the Zen - Long Haul'd take to damn long before we'd know, and betel's so hard to judge sometimes.  How long would it take you to get ahold of some - or do you have it with you?"
« Last Edit: <03-02-13/0226:47> by RHat »
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

Thvor

• Omae
« Reply #554 on: <03-02-13/0148:34> »
"Thanks, but we're fine. Ms. Delavine is very capable of taking care of herself for an actress; I tell you, there are some who need their hands held just to find their way out of a dressing gown!--and she has her...entourage with her in case anything happens."
Colors: Speech Thoughts Matrix Astral

Like sci-fi/fantasy? Check out my wife's books!