NEWS

[IC] New Beginnings

• 1545 Replies

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #405 on: <02-18-13/2254:14> »
O'Connor turned around in his seat to face Red, "The only options in a fight are kill a bunch of fuckers so they ain't a problem no more, or you don't kill them, try to walk away, an' then get shot in the back by some asswipe that should have a bullet in his head. Cuttin' loose those you've attacked is just plain fuckin' stupid, Red. That's throwin' a wild card into a situation that none of us even know two shits about. So unless you can give me a good reason why I shouldn't kill every single fuck between here an' the Tir that's responsible for this shit, you can take your prissy moralistic bullshit an' shove it straight up your ass."

He turned back in his seat to face the windshield, clearly done with the argument that was going nowhere fast. He was visibly aggravated and twitchy, Really could use a hit right now, its the only thing that's gonna keep me from strangling that little prick.
« Last Edit: <02-18-13/2256:17> by Necrogigas »
"Speech" *Thought* <Matrix> ~Astral~

Characters

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #406 on: <02-18-13/2302:05> »
"Sniper rounds are bad for your health?  Knocking someone the hell out does just as much to stop them shooting at you as killing them does, but won't attract anything near the same kind of pursuit.  Someone wants to put enough money into tracking someone like you down and putting a bullet in your brain, there's not a damn thing you can do about it.  And you'll have to excuse me if I don't want you dragging the rest of us down with you.  Now if you'll excuse me, I need to concentrate."
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #407 on: <02-19-13/0155:03> »
"You're wrong, O'Connor," Sammy said, "You can do to them what they did to us.  Stunbolt their asses and give them a shot of laes.  They won't remember a thing, just as we don't.  And maybe killing someone is not so much a problem in the barrens, where nobody gives a fuck anyways, but in the civilised world you get a lot of people behind you if you start going on a killing spree.  Because neither corps nor governments like it very much when you hurt their bottom line, and killing people does.  And I'd rather not have Dawkings groups, SK Prime or Tir ghosts behind me, thank you very much.  So pipe it down for now, okay."
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #408 on: <02-19-13/1809:57> »
"Alright, we're going in the right direction to get to Yakima; I'll give you the turns - real map is likely to be more useful than memories of astral scouting.  No offense to the mages, of course."

"So, now that I've got a connection here, it's time for me to start investigating what's happened to us.  To that end, I need some sort of information to go off of to start building the timeline; full names and such should be enough for me to begin."  With that, Fionn sent a message to his hunter, tasking it to discover all it could about what had happened to them, and gave it what information he already had - and promising to feed it more information to go off of as it became available to him.

[spoiler]Data Search for traces of everyone's activity, results listed for 5 minutes of searching. (12d6.hits(5)=2, 12d6.hits(5)=2, 12d6.hits(5)=3, 12d6.hits(5)=3, 12d6.hits(5)=5)[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: <02-19-13/2032:27> by RHat »
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #409 on: <02-19-13/2128:33> »
As you roll into Yakima, it quickly becomes apparent that you folks might have a little trouble blending in.  Although Salish-Sidhe Territory is well known for it's metahuman diversity, it is still predominantly Native American, especially in the few towns left unreclaimed.  It is a national irony that the Salish part of the country is predominantly urban while the Sidhe part are the wild backwards types, but the only outsiders who dwell on the discrepancy quickly find their opinions to be unwelcome.

Regardless, it quickly becomes apparent that a crowded SUV full of orientals and metahumans is not going to blend in sparse early morning Amerind population.

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #410 on: <02-19-13/2210:54> »
Fionn looked at the two mages in the truck, one after the other.  "Don't suppose either of you have masking spells, eh?"
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

Novocrane

• Ace Runner
« Reply #411 on: <02-19-13/2257:03> »
Still holding an internal debate over their next course of action, Ikari spoke up;

"Maybe we should pull up somewhere out of the way - at least while we're getting info. And I still don't agree with you just throwing a matrix search out there with everyone's names in it."

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #412 on: <02-19-13/2259:24> »
"Yeah, well, that's what Stealth is for.  Besides, they'd have to be actively looking - given the volume of Matrix transactions out there, that's not an easy thing.  And seeing as my kind lack fixed Access IDs, it gets even harder to pick up on."
« Last Edit: <02-19-13/2322:57> by RHat »
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

Novocrane

• Ace Runner
« Reply #413 on: <02-19-13/2323:58> »
"I wouldn't know about that. I'm just not willing to put my faith in the fallibility of interested parties."

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #414 on: <02-19-13/2327:36> »
"And I'm not willing to hamstring myself by assuming the nigh-impossible ability of interested parties."
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #415 on: <02-20-13/0027:41> »
"Hey, fuck-face, sounds like some of us don't think you get to decide what information 'bout  us you get to know or use. Weren't you the one goin' on earlier about how I need to be a team player an' shit? This is why I hate all you assholes that claim to have morals. In the end, you're all a bunch of hypocrites."
« Last Edit: <02-20-13/0034:32> by Necrogigas »

Characters

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #416 on: <02-20-13/0035:03> »
Feeling the residents' eyes on them, Clem decides to ask the team "So Red, where to now? Seeing as we stand out like a sore thumb, I'd rather not stay here longer than we have to. And I would feel much better in my own clothes, carrying my stuff." Clementine paused for a second and continued. "I also need to make some calls, so the sooner I find my commlink the better."
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #417 on: <02-20-13/0056:10> »
"I also said something about deferring to the judgement of the expert in an area - in this case me.  Or did you not want to find out what happened to us, and who's responsible?"  He turned to Clem.

"As for where we go next...  I'm working on that.  How much money was that that Blackeagle gave you?"
« Last Edit: <02-20-13/0059:44> by RHat »
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #418 on: <02-20-13/0104:04> »
"Con, relax, the kid is just pleading his case. You've been really edgy for the last hour or so. Take a deep breath, everything will be fine. Are you experiencing withdrawal or something?" Clementine had a feeling the answer was going to be positive.
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #419 on: <02-20-13/0132:47> »
O'Connor was about tear into Red, but Clem cut him off. He turned away from her and started out the passanger-side window, "I'm fine, Clem." He was, obviously, not fine in the slightest. Upon inspection, it was clear he'd chewed a hole in his lower lip.

Characters