NEWS

[OOC] New Beginnings

• 1943 Replies

irisheathen

• Omae
  • "There is enough time to sleep when you're dead."
« Reply #495 on: <02-09-13/1204:16> »
So how often does edge refresh? I've heard various different answers including every time the character sleeps to only at the end of missions. Just curious.

Also is the moon out tonight? Just curious about when it gets dark how hampered are the humans going to be. Johnny might want to exercise or meditate before coming back in and if its pitch black outside when the sun sets that's probably going to be a bad idea.
"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats."
-H.L. Mencken (1880-1956)

Speech
Thoughts
Matrix Speech
Matrix <<Text>>

Thvor

• Omae
« Reply #496 on: <02-09-13/1532:22> »
So how often does edge refresh? I've heard various different answers including every time the character sleeps to only at the end of missions. Just curious.

Also is the moon out tonight? Just curious about when it gets dark how hampered are the humans going to be. Johnny might want to exercise or meditate before coming back in and if its pitch black outside when the sun sets that's probably going to be a bad idea.

Edge refreshes at GM's pleasure; he did say that it was refreshed when we got to the cabin.

As for light...even if it's a new moon, it'll probably be lighter outside than in, since the glitch when y'all were searching the house broke our only lantern. :o
Colors: Speech Thoughts Matrix Astral

Like sci-fi/fantasy? Check out my wife's books!

Novocrane

• Ace Runner
« Reply #497 on: <02-09-13/1938:19> »
I was under the impression that the lantern was our "only portable light" - meaning there's some lighting inside.

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #498 on: <02-09-13/1947:05> »
I did mention firewood, I also mentioned an outhouse, so Clementine was either using a closet, which is going to make the cabin difficult to sleep in  :) , or some adjustment needs to be made.
« Last Edit: <02-09-13/2044:02> by Crossbow »

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #499 on: <02-09-13/2052:13> »
As for light outside, call it a half moon, which is quite a bit of light.  At least enough to make your way aound the clearing if you have to.

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #500 on: <02-09-13/2115:47> »
My mistake, things have been changed.
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #501 on: <02-09-13/2134:21> »
Yeah, moonlight is typically enough to not need (nor want - diminishment of peripheral vision is indeed a factor) a flashlight on a clear night - human eyes adapt pretty readily to various light conditions.

What Fionn's doing for the next 5 hours:

[spoiler]Compile Sleuth Sprite Rating 5; Compiling Resistance; Fading Resistance (14d6.hits(5)=8, 5d6.hits(5)=2, 12d6.hits(5)=2)

Rating 5 Sleuth Sprite is compiled with 6 net hits and thus 6 tasks owing, 4S Fading (twice the total hits scored by the sprite) is resisted with 2 hits.  Don't suppose I get anything for the critical success?

Register Sleuth Sprite Rating 5; Registering Resistance; Fading Resistance (12d6.hits(5)=4, 10d6.hits(5)=3, 12d6.hits(5)=6)

Same sprite is now registered with one net hit, 6S Fading (equal to twice total hits scored by sprite) is fully resisted.  Sleuth Sprite registered like a freaking boss.

As it is rating 5, it gains 1 option Complex Form, for which I choose Exploit.
[/spoiler]

It's unfortunate that nobody in the group can see Fionn doing the thing he's best at.
« Last Edit: <02-09-13/2139:31> by RHat »
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #502 on: <02-10-13/0302:41> »
So, that would be the first part of this process that I've posted now.
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #503 on: <02-10-13/0326:21> »
Well written, good job  :D
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #504 on: <02-10-13/0337:11> »
I try.  Figure I might not be able to keep this sort of detail up if we're running at a higher pace (that is to say, faster in-game time scale) later, but I'll take the opportunity for the extra RP where I can - and it's a good chance to dig into something that's a big aspect of the character.  Kind of fun trying to find ways to describe something that otherworldly, really - the imagery created by using adjectives for the wrong sense is kind of fun, too.

I just hope I can keep the quality up when I describe the hunt.  I'm kind of curious to see what people can guess about his stream (aka, the technomancer form of traditions), too - if nothing else, tells me how well I've been doing with characterization.
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #505 on: <02-10-13/2335:47> »
You know, given where things seem to be at at this point...  If people want to go ahead and skip on to morning, I can write up the rest of the Registering stuff and be done with that - I only decided to split it up so that I could keep posting if people wanted to cover more of the evening - didn't want to be boxed out of participation again so quickly :P.

Personally, I'm fully in favour of skipping on forward, but obviously I'm biased.  Anyone else have thoughts on the subject?
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #506 on: <02-10-13/2343:06> »
Unless something happens I'm pretty much done as well.
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #507 on: <02-11-13/0156:43> »
Farothel in case my post isn't immediately obvious, he's talking about astral tracking to any foci.
Assensing + Intuition (5, 1 hour) Extended Test

We mages still have to do this, to see where our equipment is.  I hadn't posted any rolls yet as I wanted to give Gorean a chance to reply, should he wish to do so.  :)

I'll roll tonight to keep things moving.
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #508 on: <02-11-13/0158:49> »
Well, I don't want to rush people if the group would rather take some time - its just that my read is that people are more or less wrapped for the night, so to speak.
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

Novocrane

• Ace Runner
« Reply #509 on: <02-11-13/0219:16> »
I don't see anything that needs addressing.

Icarus still expects to take midnight to dawn watch, but unless something happens, or someone wants to bring a topic up, that's a non-event.