NEWS

[OOC] New Beginnings

• 1943 Replies

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #225 on: <01-25-13/0143:59> »
No wound penalties and
if I read the charge entry correctly its added to the attack dice pool.
In the instance that I hit do I roll for damage or is it a static value?
(STR/2+2) +5 DV
Side question: Since my Str is 5 do I round up or down?

Edit: Nevermind about the STR question cause I double checked and his STR is actually 6.
So Unarmed Attack 10p/-3 Impact?

normally round up (same with magic drain)  :)

If someone could give Sammy a nudge doing 1 or 2 stun, she would notice and come looking.  :)  Given her speed she can be back by the end of this pass and join in on the next one.  Unless that alpha stops howling and the watcher can move again (note to self: next time use another type of spirit with more resistance to these things  :-[ ).
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #226 on: <01-25-13/0204:41> »
No wound penalties and
(STR/2+2) +5 DV

Edit: Nevermind about the STR question cause I double checked and his STR is actually 6.

normally round up (same with magic drain)  :)

If someone could give Sammy a nudge doing 1 or 2 stun, she would notice and come looking.  :)  Given her speed she can be back by the end of this pass and join in on the next one.  Unless that alpha stops howling and the watcher can move again (note to self: next time use another type of spirit with more resistance to these things  :-[ ).

Nah, just set them up to "ping" you when things are normal - so that if something would keep them from doing so, you know.
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

Gorean

« Reply #227 on: <01-25-13/0243:20> »
Kind of wondering why the Chaos Mage doesn't go Astral for the extra passes - or would he not be aware that these things are dual natured?

In any case, we've got at least one person who hasn't gotten in on the fight who can be a heavy hitter in these circumstances.

Heron took the first action, crossbow had to dip into the edge pool too keep the barghest awake.

And no he doesn't know barghest a are dual natured.

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #228 on: <01-25-13/0258:05> »
No wound penalties and
(STR/2+2) +5 DV

+5 is made up of a +2 from Martial Arts and a +3 from Critical Strike, correct?
If so, where'd the +2 come from?

Also note, that unless you have Killing Hands unarmed only does stun damage. Though you actually might want to do stun damage against the one attacking me, since its only a box or two away from a K.O.
"Speech" *Thought* <Matrix> ~Astral~

Characters

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #229 on: <01-25-13/0324:18> »
No wound penalties and
(STR/2+2) +5 DV

+5 is made up of a +2 from Martial Arts and a +3 from Critical Strike, correct?
If so, where'd the +2 come from?

Also note, that unless you have Killing Hands unarmed only does stun damage. Though you actually might want to do stun damage against the one attacking me, since its only a box or two away from a K.O.

Note that he mentioned the Bone Lacing, which converts your Unarmed Attacks to Physical.
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #230 on: <01-25-13/0529:42> »

So, now that I've seen this edit...  Looking at the defense pool the Alpha had, I have a feeling this attack is gonna drop the thing hard.  And your math does seem to be right - DV(STR/2+2)P base, +3 from Critical Strike, +2 from Martial Arts...  Plus net hits.  This thing's gonna have a lot of damage to soak.
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #231 on: <01-25-13/0646:16> »
Thanks everyone for the group effort on "Little Johnny's First Palm Strike"   8)

And no he doesn't know barghest are dual natured.

Actually, as a mage with Security Tactics, you would.  Barghests are endured as notoriously unreliable, but dangerous, security paracritters for that very reason.  Consider that knowledge bought with hits and feel free to act on it.
« Last Edit: <01-25-13/0704:09> by Crossbow »

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #232 on: <01-25-13/0651:59> »
Lucky break!
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Gorean

« Reply #233 on: <01-25-13/0718:52> »
Sorta lucky, but not something that can effect much at this point.

It's a complex action to go astral so I'd could've gone astral this round (two) ready for round 3 or I could've done what I did and tried to take down the lead barghest.

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #234 on: <01-25-13/0726:17> »
Is anyone interested in continuing the fight?  Or can I go back to Sammy's bridge?   ;D

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #235 on: <01-25-13/0730:09> »
Is anyone interested in continuing the fight?  Or can I go back to Sammy's bridge?   ;D

If nothing else, I doubt we'll find an equally hilariously awesome way for it to end.
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #236 on: <01-25-13/0750:56> »

Yes please (maybe after healing the wounds, but they can do that on their own).  BTW: I'm following the road that's over the bridge.  That at least should get me somewhere civilised and it will be faster than randomly searching through the forest.  As to the direction, away from where we are now and if it's parallel to the direction I came from, I'll take ... right.
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"

Thvor

• Omae
« Reply #237 on: <01-25-13/0755:27> »

Well, I think Torley's still got a few minutes of being paralyzed from that damn howl... :P
Colors: Speech Thoughts Matrix Astral

Like sci-fi/fantasy? Check out my wife's books!

Gorean

« Reply #238 on: <01-25-13/0821:04> »
Ok so who's injured?
And how much damage have you taken?

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #239 on: <01-25-13/0829:47> »
O'Connor took a beating and is hanging on to dear life.
Self thought
Speech
Matrix