NEWS

[OOC] New Beginnings

• 1943 Replies

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #150 on: <01-23-13/0931:45> »
If my wording didn't make the game mechanics obvious, "taking a defensive stance" means O'Connor's going on Full Dodge.
« Last Edit: <01-23-13/1400:37> by Necrogigas »
"Speech" *Thought* <Matrix> ~Astral~

Characters

irisheathen

• Omae
  • "There is enough time to sleep when you're dead."
« Reply #151 on: <01-23-13/1158:44> »
Rerolled initiative taking into account the -2
7d6.hits(5)=2 so total should be 9 instead of 11

Do I need to roll anything to untangle johnny from the elf he's attached to?
As soon as Johnny is free he will move to put himself in between the group and the beasts.
"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats."
-H.L. Mencken (1880-1956)

Speech
Thoughts
Matrix Speech
Matrix <<Text>>

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #152 on: <01-23-13/1413:44> »
Okay, there seems to be a couple of levels of confusion going on that I need to try and clear up. :'(

This may be my misreading of the suprise rules, but I am giving everyone the chance to take actions in the first round the barghests attacked, the ones that can anyway (so everyone but Sammy and Mystech, and later when he got paralyzed Torley).  It was just that none of you could act against the critters except Clementine.  I know why things got confused, because I only had the three standing roll initiative, but that was because I was doing their suprise checks at the same time, and I was actually trying to KEEP things from getting confused by having everyone roll initiative and take actions in order.  That didn't work apparently, sorry I won't do it again.  :(

I just read what I wrote and I probably confused everyone even worse, nevermind...WE ARE WAITING ON GOREAN AND NOVOCRANE TO POST ACTIONS FOR THIER CHARACTERS AND THEN EVERYONE WILL ROLL INITIATIVE FOR THE SECOND ROUND OF COMBAT.  Understand?  Good   :-\  8)

The other confusion came from me getting too cute with how folks got bound up, but dammit I am gonna keep that train rolling... >:(  ??? :)  irisheathen, you cannot completely untangle your character from Novocrane's without getting one of the two of your sets of restraints removed.  You can work one arm over his head, which isn't a bad idea and won't really require a roll if he is not fighting you on it, even if he was, it probably wouldn't THAT tough for you.  This will not get you completely free though, what it will do, along you putting his arm over your head, is get your hands in front of you, but you will still be linked, like a chain, with your hands out front.  (At least I assume they will be out front, since I would bet at least one of you would have problem with your hands being close to the other's junk)   :o :-* ;D

Anybody else confused?  Good!    :-X ::)  :D

By the way, did I mention I like smileys?  ;)

Thvor

• Omae
« Reply #153 on: <01-23-13/1418:43> »
In the first PbP game I played here (which died when the GM suddenly stopped logging into the forum... :o), the GM would call for initiative rolls and then post the "official" initiative order, so that everyone knew a) when everyone else had rolled initiative, and b) when they were supposed to post their action. Seemed to work well.

Just a suggestion to consider.  8)
Colors: Speech Thoughts Matrix Astral

Like sci-fi/fantasy? Check out my wife's books!

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #154 on: <01-23-13/1433:22> »
In the first PbP game I played here (which died when the GM suddenly stopped logging into the forum... :o), the GM would call for initiative rolls and then post the "official" initiative order, so that everyone knew a) when everyone else had rolled initiative, and b) when they were supposed to post their action. Seemed to work well.

Dude I was in that game, I didn't want to plagerize :) 

Thvor

• Omae
« Reply #155 on: <01-23-13/1537:23> »

Heh. Sorry, didn't remember who was in and who wasn't. :) But using a GM trick that someone else has used isn't plagiarism (if it were, anyone using Invisible Castle would be guilty of copying the first person to do so...whoever that was...); that'd only come up if you did something like, oh, borrow their plot lines.  8)

Anyhow, keep rolling those glitches for the puppies...I really don't want Torley to get mauled.  ;D
Colors: Speech Thoughts Matrix Astral

Like sci-fi/fantasy? Check out my wife's books!

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #156 on: <01-23-13/1546:31> »
But using a GM trick that someone else has used isn't plagiarism (if it were, anyone using Invisible Castle would be guilty of copying the first person to do so...whoever that was...); that'd only come up if you did something like, oh, borrow their plot lines.  8)

Would I do that? /me flings a copy of The Blood over my shoulder

irisheathen

• Omae
  • "There is enough time to sleep when you're dead."
« Reply #157 on: <01-23-13/1553:40> »
Sorry I was under the impression that Clem had cut Icarus's bonds and was working on Johnny's when the barghests attacked. As is I will just amend my last post to before the second howl (my surprise round action.) Let me know when you want the initiative roll or feel free to use my last one. :) Johnny's next move will be to look for a rock to cut Icarus's bonds.
PS getting ideas from other popular media isn't plagiarizing either. Creative license.  ;) Like the game so far really different, scary but different.
"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats."
-H.L. Mencken (1880-1956)

Speech
Thoughts
Matrix Speech
Matrix <<Text>>

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #158 on: <01-23-13/1559:09> »

Heh. Sorry, didn't remember who was in and who wasn't. :) But using a GM trick that someone else has used isn't plagiarism (if it were, anyone using Invisible Castle would be guilty of copying the first person to do so...whoever that was...); that'd only come up if you did something like, oh, borrow their plot lines.  8)

Anyhow, keep rolling those glitches for the puppies...I really don't want Torley to get mauled.  ;D

Besides, we will need some way to keep track of initiative with eight players, otherwise it will be a lot of chaos (I've seen what happened in a tabletop with 6 when we didn't, and there people were actually in the same timezone).  :)

And glitches are very nice, keep 'em coming.  :)

I have the feeling I'm one of the few in Europe, so every morning I will have a lot of posts to go through.  No worries though, it gives me something to do while my computer is working on something else.  8)
« Last Edit: <01-23-13/1601:06> by farothel »
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #159 on: <01-23-13/1820:49> »

"Good writers borrow, great writers steal outright".

If it works, use it, I'd say.
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #160 on: <01-23-13/1901:51> »
Besides, we will need some way to keep track of initiative with eight players, otherwise it will be a lot of chaos (I've seen what happened in a tabletop with 6 when we didn't, and there people were actually in the same timezone).  :)

I have the feeling I'm one of the few in Europe, so every morning I will have a lot of posts to go through.  No worries though, it gives me something to do while my computer is working on something else.  8)

I'm all the way in Japan, so you're not alone in your own time zone :)
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #161 on: <01-23-13/2041:50> »

I'm all the way in Japan, so you're not alone in your own time zone :)

And while I'm in Western Canada, my hours are just weird as hell.
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #162 on: <01-23-13/2222:11> »
Okay, executive action being taken, check the IC post and roll initiative for round two.

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #163 on: <01-23-13/2236:01> »
[spoiler=Initiative]
Reaction 8 + Intuition 3 - CM 2 - Howl 2 = Pool 7

7d6.hits(5) = 1

Initiative Total: 8
[/spoiler]
"Speech" *Thought* <Matrix> ~Astral~

Characters

Novocrane

• Ace Runner
« Reply #164 on: <01-23-13/2237:45> »
Iris(h), I was under the same impression.
Breaking the bonds won't be an issue, if later tonight (Australia time) isn't too late.