NEWS

[OOC] New Beginnings

• 1943 Replies

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #135 on: <01-23-13/0557:53> »
So if I understand correctly, the beast that was charging my character fell and injured itself? How far away from Clem is it? Could she run to it and get a shot at it before the next round?

Okay answering overnight questions.

You are correct that is the gist of what happened, as stated elsewhere (Thank you Necrogigas), the male coming at Clementine fell before completing the movement for the round, so he did not quite reach midfield between you and the treeline.  This puts him roughly out of range to be able to close with you in one round, if he were inclined to do so which that limp makes less than likely.

You cannot cover nearly the ground a barghest can, two rounds of flat out running would still leave you well short of him.

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #136 on: <01-23-13/0610:59> »
Okay, one final IC post and then I go to bed.  For the three who can, please post about any suprise round actions you are taking, then everyone rolls initiative (except Torley, Sam, and Fione)
To be clear, we've entered the second initiative pass of the combat round right?

Yes, so you have another IP set of actions you can complete if you wish.

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #137 on: <01-23-13/0626:27> »
So just to double check I need to roll willpower again?
If Johnny isn't frozen in fear, if Johnny can get up before the GIANT KILLER DOGS get to him, can Johnny fight with his hands tied since he is a martial artist? You know before the banshee dog screams again.

Yes, the willpower roll was needed again for everyone.  Johnny is, at the moment, not only bound, but has his arms wrapped around another person (Icarus).  If that situation is not resolved you will be at serious penalties to do ANYTHING, especially if you and Icarus are not working together.

You have yet to state any suprise round actions, so you have a chance to do SOMETHING if you post it soon.  Remember, the Paralying Howl reduces your Reaction, which reduces your intiiative score and the dice you roll.

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #138 on: <01-23-13/0634:27> »
If Clem sees she's too far to reach the beast, she'll look around her for a makeshift weapon and wait for the beasts to get closer. Whichever beast gets close enough for her to get to in one IP and strike she'll go to.

So you are moving to get at the one charging O'Connor.  The rocks are the only available weapons, which are like clubs without any reach.

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #139 on: <01-23-13/0639:53> »
Question: if you're paralysed, can you still take mental actions (like matrix actions)?  If so, the watcher can go back to the astral.

I would say no because of the nature of the barghest's howl.  I will give you the freebie to not worry about it anyway though, barghests are dual natured, that Watcher is a snack either way. 

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #140 on: <01-23-13/0737:30> »
Okay, one final IC post and then I go to bed.  For the three who can, please post about any suprise round actions you are taking, then everyone rolls initiative (except Torley, Sam, and Fione)
To be clear, we've entered the second initiative pass of the combat round right?
What's the initiative order anyway?
"Speech" *Thought* <Matrix> ~Astral~

Characters

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #141 on: <01-23-13/0750:25> »

For you it really didn't make a difference because you couldn't act against the barghests anyway, I thought I saw a post of you trying to smack some sense into Fione, but I guess you pulled it.  You have a full actions worth of IP passes that you can get through if you want, but your options are kind of limited.  You have 3 or 4 passes too don't you?

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #142 on: <01-23-13/0802:20> »
If Johnny isn't frozen in fear, if Johnny can get up before the GIANT KILLER DOGS get to him, can Johnny fight with his hands tied since he is a martial artist? You know before the banshee dog screams again.

Yes, the willpower roll was needed again for everyone.  Johnny is, at the moment, not only bound, but has his arms wrapped around another person (Icarus).  If that situation is not resolved you will be at serious penalties to do ANYTHING, especially if you and Icarus are not working together.

You have yet to state any suprise round actions, so you have a chance to do SOMETHING if you post it soon.  Remember, the Paralying Howl reduces your Reaction, which reduces your intiiative score and the dice you roll.

I'm not going to roll again.  That watcher has no edge and only 1 die, so no way to get 2 successes.  :-[  And as soon as he's one short, he's paralyzed, so there's no need to roll.  Unless the amount of successes changed and I missed it somewhere.  There's a lot of posts coming out, so I might have missed one.  :)
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #143 on: <01-23-13/0803:36> »
For you it really didn't make a difference because you couldn't act against the barghests anyway, I thought I saw a post of you trying to smack some sense into Fione, but I guess you pulled it.  You have a full actions worth of IP passes that you can get through if you want, but your options are kind of limited.  You have 3 or 4 passes too don't you?
I have four passes.
I pulled that post because I got D&D and Shadowrun crossed and though running was a complex action and not a free one. So the barghrest would've acted out both of their initiative passes before I could have made that post in the second initiative pass, and now I'm waiting for Hydro to post Clem's actions for the second pass.
« Last Edit: <01-23-13/0808:46> by Necrogigas »
"Speech" *Thought* <Matrix> ~Astral~

Characters

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #144 on: <01-23-13/0807:45> »

I'm not going to roll again.  That watcher has no edge and only 1 die, so no way to get 2 successes.  :-[  And as soon as he's one short, he's paralyzed, so there's no need to roll.  Unless the amount of successes changed and I missed it somewhere.  There's a lot of posts coming out, so I might have missed one.  :)

On the upside, if the Watcher gets munched, you get to be aware of it.
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #145 on: <01-23-13/0818:08> »
I have four passes.
I pulled that post because I got D&D and Shadowrun crossed and though running was a complex action and not a free one. So the barghrest would've acted out both of their initiative passes before I could have made that post in the second initiative pass, and now I'm waiting for Hydro to post Clem's actions for the second pass.

Clem is looking for a suitable weapon and delaying her action until one of the two barghests gets close enough to attack.
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #146 on: <01-23-13/0824:47> »
I have four passes.

Clem is looking for a suitable weapon and delaying her action until one of the two barghests gets close enough to attack.

Isn't Clem still holding one of the rocks
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #147 on: <01-23-13/0826:54> »
I have four passes.

Isn't Clem still holding one of the rocks

She is, but on the off chance there was a pointy stick or something, she looked around.
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Thvor

• Omae
« Reply #148 on: <01-23-13/0828:39> »
How's Clem's throwing arm?
Colors: Speech Thoughts Matrix Astral

Like sci-fi/fantasy? Check out my wife's books!

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #149 on: <01-23-13/0837:57> »
How's Clem's throwing arm?

It's OK, but I still want that rock in hand-to-hand.
Self thought
Speech
Matrix