NEWS

[IC] There will be flood.

  • 377 Replies
  • 49889 Views

Silence

  • *
  • Omae
  • ***
  • Posts: 418
  • I swear, I'm innocent. Just ask the nuns.
« Reply #360 on: <03-25-14/1915:57> »
"I've actually done more good since they fired me," Spooky laughs, "But do you really want to be the former exec that not only got caught covering up a murder, but fired a drake?  I think Mr. Knight might take a personal interest.  And I doubt it'd be really healthy for him."

Thinking a moment he laughs again.  "Though it might be amusing to see what happens when they find out what I switched the samples for."
"When the pin is pulled, Mr. Grenade is no longer your friend" - every instructor out there

"Maybe in your case, but he's a great buddy I'm leaving behind." - Siouxsie

Chrona

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 3794
« Reply #361 on: <03-26-14/1322:22> »
"If you talk about it this much I am sure they all ready do. Do you have anything to add about the task in hand or is your background only good for anecdotes?"
« Last Edit: <03-26-14/1531:02> by Chrona »

Silence

  • *
  • Omae
  • ***
  • Posts: 418
  • I swear, I'm innocent. Just ask the nuns.
« Reply #362 on: <03-26-14/1435:24> »
"Aside from being able to fly?" Spooky asked Three Star, "I figred you might want to know the nature of the distraction.  If only so you don't shoot me by accident.  Or don't you think that's something you might need to know?"

He then looks over at Boomer.  "So, which building would you like me to start from, once things are ready?  I'm figuring the one opposite of where Rat's going in.  Snatch the magician, and give him a hell of a ride before ditching him a fair distance off."
"When the pin is pulled, Mr. Grenade is no longer your friend" - every instructor out there

"Maybe in your case, but he's a great buddy I'm leaving behind." - Siouxsie

farothel

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 3857
« Reply #363 on: <03-27-14/0332:07> »
"I don't have explosives or anything, but I do have a hardware kit that can be useful to open maglocks and such," Panther said to Boomer, "I also have a modified Enfield-AS7, if someone can use that.  And a survival knife, for those more inclined in that direction.  But I want those back, and complete.  So, who's going to give their fingerprints so I can program them into that system?"
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"

HydroRaven

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 2537
« Reply #364 on: <03-27-14/0457:11> »
"I'll take that" answers Rat when Panther mentions the hardware kit. He extends his hand in Panther's direction, a smile on his face. "Take my prints, but please be gentle."
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Xzylvador

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 3666
  • Ask me about NERPS! 30% Sales!
« Reply #365 on: <03-30-14/0636:14> »
Overlooking the whole situation whily planning and pooling your knowledge together, some things become apparent.

It's certainly likely that the station originally had some sensors on most doors and camera's in the hall. But the same could be said for the outside of the base but you notice that at all places where these would be installed, there's just a few remnants of wires sticking out of the walls. It's likely the whole place was stripped of anything of use shortly after it fell. The same is probably true on the inside, so you're unlikely to face alarms or sensors other than the safe (which was too big & strong to easily steal or stip for parts).

Judging from past experiences and the way the Ancients are acting; these is a somewhat unfamiliar situation for them. They could have taken much better defensive positions but they're not; instead the group at front just sticks together in the most comfortable place and the 'security patrol' around the building also isn't really frequent, effective or thorough. You pick up some of the stuff they talk about and it's clear they're used to having at least some of the military crew around to keep an eye on things. With the entire squad out, they don't seem to have real leadership at the base and discipline among these lower ranks is low.

It's also been a long time since the stations's been so 'poorly' defended; but that doesn't really worry them. This entire neighborhood is Ancient territory. Thousands of elves live here and no gang in their right mind would come looking for trouble. Obviously those elves aren't all actual part of the gang, but they all owe the Ancients in one way or the other and can at the very least be counted on to alert the gang and be a real nuisance to intruders.

[spoiler]Combined Security Design & Perception, no roll really needed considering the dicepools & low threshold.
Rat: Gang Knowledge (8d6.hits(5)=5)
Spooky: Gang Knowledge (8d6.hits(5)=2)
3-Star: Gang Knowledge (7d6.hits(5)=2)
Extra dice: 4d6.hits(5)=1 (Total 6 hits, not like 5 weren't enough)
Boomer: Military (8d6.hits(5)=4)
[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: <03-30-14/0757:45> by Xzylvador »

farothel

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 3857
« Reply #366 on: <03-31-14/0455:53> »
Panther pointed Rat to Quinten for the fingerprints.
"I will keep monitoring the situation with my drone," she said, "I can keep an eye that way on everybody on the outside of the building and sent that information to you.  And as soon as you have planted the optical adapter, I can work my magic on the system."
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"

Silence

  • *
  • Omae
  • ***
  • Posts: 418
  • I swear, I'm innocent. Just ask the nuns.
« Reply #367 on: <04-02-14/0150:56> »
"Well, time to get to work." Spooky says as he find a discreet niche to remove his suit.  "Gods, I wish they made armor that could shift with me."

A bit later, a midnight blue western drake comes out, carefully handing the suit off to Panther, then looks to Boomer and cocks his head, as if asking if he's ready.
"When the pin is pulled, Mr. Grenade is no longer your friend" - every instructor out there

"Maybe in your case, but he's a great buddy I'm leaving behind." - Siouxsie

HydroRaven

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 2537
« Reply #368 on: <04-03-14/2141:13> »
Once his prints were registered, Rat left the car with Spooky, waving to Three Star. "Better get in position" says the ork as he looks around, trying to find his bearings in the neighbourhood.
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Chrona

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 3794
« Reply #369 on: <04-04-14/1744:39> »
"I will follow your lead Rat." Three Star will stick close behind Rat until they reach the door, trying his best to sneak along.

If he hadn't all ready been of the frame of mind to keep his presence concealed, he might have immediately attempted to kill the dragon that appeared before them. That could wait till his gear was back in his hands. Fragging abomination.

Thinking back to a news report he read about a terrorist attack in NYC, this could possibly be useful.

[spoiler]
Quote
10d6.hits(5) =5 Infiltration
JIC 50d6.hits(5) =20
[/spoiler]

farothel

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 3857
« Reply #370 on: <04-05-14/0502:07> »
'What the ...,' panther thought when she spotted a Drake standing next to her car.
'At least it's going to give a diversion, that's for sure,' she didn't say out loud.  She kept monitoring the guards with her drone, sending the updates to the team channel.  She also prepared for the time she had to go into the system to add the fingerprints.
"I'll have to go to VR to make it go faster," she said to Quinten, who had stayed in the car, "You can guard my body while I'm out?"
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"

Xzylvador

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 3666
  • Ask me about NERPS! 30% Sales!
« Reply #371 on: <04-11-14/1601:01> »
Quiten only raises an eyebrow before returning his attention to his commlink. Obviously he believes the question rethorical and pointless.

[spoiler]
We'll go forward as soon as I find out where/how Rat & 3-Star are approaching, what Drake-Spooky's doing for distraction and how Boomer's assisting with it.[/spoiler]

Yogi

  • *
  • Omae
  • ***
  • Posts: 287
« Reply #372 on: <04-16-14/1226:24> »
Boomer shook his head when he saw the what used to be Spooky, now turned drake, in front of them.  "Well that explains a lot."  He said to no one in particular.  One thing was for certain though they were bound to get the Ancients attention. 

He looked at the others.  "Ok.  Panther and i can get a fire going."  He looked at the female Elf.  "My thought is we use the oil sprayer to start a fire.  A lot of smoke is all we really need.  Some old tires would help with smoke."  He reached for the Enfield that Panther had offered earlier.  The grip was big and it would be a bit awkward but the weapon would still be deadly in his hands.  "Spook, my idea for you is to appear on the building above where the smoke is coming from.  Make them think you started it.  Hopefully this will draw their attention out here so Rat and Three Star and do the smash and grab."
« Last Edit: <04-16-14/1318:33> by Yogi »
Thoughts
Speaking
Comlink

farothel

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 3857
« Reply #373 on: <04-16-14/1259:52> »
"Can't he just start a fire by himself," Panther asked, "besides, I'm not even sure that that 'oil' in the sprayer is flammable.  It's very slick, but that's all I know about it."
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"

Xzylvador

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 3666
  • Ask me about NERPS! 30% Sales!
« Reply #374 on: <04-20-14/1543:56> »
You don't have to be a demolitions expert to start a fire with lots of smoke; of course, Boomer IS a demolition expert, but that's beside the point. Fishing an empty bottle out of a nearby pile of trash , siphoning some fuel out of Panther's car and mixing it with oil from the oil is child's play.
Finding old tires appears to be tricky at first sight. But at second sight, Boomer realizes, that's only because he's been looking for tires not attached to cars. Taking away that limitation however, the street's are suddenly filled with round rubbery things waiting to create lots of smoke.
Shortly after, a car on the street half a block away from the Ancient base suddenly and mysteriously bursts into fire.

It doesn't take very long for it to draw some attention, crime -at least this sort of crime- is relatively rare in this neighborhood where the Ancients have tighter control over the streets and the population than Knight Errand has in most of Seattle.
But when suddenly a dragon-like roar is heard and its shape is spotted on the roof of a nearby apartment , this heightened attention changes into full-fledged chaos. Most of the elves on the street and hanging out of nearby windows can't immediately seem to decide whether to watch in amazement or flee in terror and clumsily try to do both.
It quickly becomes obvious that the news of this event is rapidly spreading by means other than people's own senses. Once again it is proven that bad news is possibly the only thing which travels faster than light; and within moments shouts can be heard from all directions, some calling out to run away or hide and others shouting to come watch. A very rare few residents appears to have a lot of courage (or very little intelligence, or be very high or drunk) and take a few shots towards the roof, immediately running away into the buildings after doing so.

Watching from cover near the station, Rat and Three Star don't have to wait long for a reaction from the Ancients. Being the closest thing resembling police in the neighborhood, they're obviously immediately alerted over their commlinks. They immediately grab and ready their weapons, but without actual leadership at the base to direct them, the gangers seem a bit uncertain. And considering the kind of news they're hearing, it's fairly obvious none of them is very willing to try chasing a dragon out of their turf.
But finally one of them takes command and tells the two guys who were walking rounds around the building to go have a look at what's going on. The five of them approach the gate and open it; three stay behind standing on the sidewalk in front of the open gate, looking at the smoke and the burning car in the distance while encouraging the other two to head further and find out what's happening.

[spoiler]
Boomer:
Throw (6d6.hits(5)=4)
Infiltration (8d6.hits(5)=4)
Spooky, I need 3 Ranged Defense rolls from you (you can go full defense).

Everyone, but most importantly Rat and Three Star: infiltration rolls and corresponding actions.
To give you some idea of what this action has bought you:
The guards modifiers went from +3 Actively looking and +4 from numbers to -2 distraction,- 2 for interference and +2 for numbers.
On the negative side, the relatively quiet neighborhood suddenly  turned became buzzing with activity; none of it friendly.
-- Yogi, hope you don't mind me rolling; I just wanted to push things in motion a but and to be honest, they weren't very important, they were mostly for narrative reasons.
[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: <04-20-14/1548:11> by Xzylvador »